• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
hey guys,

pretty dumb question maybe but, where can I get support for a little bigger problem? :S I have a Scripting problem and have to post a few files to get help. But I don't quite know where to post it ^_^'

~g-six

If it's a scripting problem then you should post in the Script Help Thread. Just write a reply with your script in it and the chances are that somebody will be able to help. Uploading files generally isn't necessary to get your problem solved :)

I am busy with my fire red hack, and I am always testing it. I made it up to gym 2. it all worked perfect. I just edited some trainers on the next route but when i try to launch the game in vba, it only gives me a white screen! the game won't load. my previous demo (till mt.moon) is working perfect, but my new beta just gives me a white screen.

what could it be?

If you're encountering a never ending white screen then you have most likely overwritten or corrupted important data while you were editing your ROM. It is next to impossible to recover from this so the best/ easiest thing to do is to start work from your most recent working file and reinsert all of your newer improvements. Be sure to use safe offsets and back up your files regularly to prevent this from happening again!

Years
Thanks for help. Now i have 1 more question:
Where can i find a tutorial for making a rival? Or where can i find a rival script?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Thanks for help, another quick question:
Where can i find a script tutorial for making a rival?

There is no real tutorial for making a rival as there is no set way for making one. You just need to use a combination of commands like you would in any other script. If you want their Pokemon to change depending on which starter you chose you can set a flag/ variable when you receive the Pokemon and then check it when you encounter you rival. You could write something along the lines of this:

Code:
compare 0x4031 0x0 // variable 0x4031 determines which starter you chose in an [I]unedited[/I] FR ROM
if 0x1 call @BattleCharmander
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 call @BattleBulbasaur
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 call @BattleSquirtle
msgbox @YouBeatMe 0x2

#org @BattleCharmander
trainerbattle 0x3 0x30 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleBulbasaur
trainerbattle 0x3 0x31 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleSquirtle
trainerbattle 0x3 0x32 0x0 @after
return

Years
There is no real tutorial for making a rival as there is no set way for making one. You just need to use a combination of commands like you would in any other script. If you want their Pokemon to change depending on which starter you chose you can set a flag/ variable when you receive the Pokemon and then check it when you encounter you rival. You could write something along the lines of this:

Code:
compare 0x4031 0x0 // variable 0x4031 determines which starter you chose in an [I]unedited[/I] FR ROM
if 0x1 call @BattleCharmander
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 call @BattleBulbasaur
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 call @BattleSquirtle
msgbox @YouBeatMe 0x2

#org @BattleCharmander
trainerbattle 0x3 0x30 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleBulbasaur
trainerbattle 0x3 0x31 0x0 @after
return

#org @BattleSquirtle
trainerbattle 0x3 0x32 0x0 @after
return

I just want to make a second rival. I have gary, and now i want to make a second one. so, i don't need the codes with starters.
I want her to meet me, battle, than walk away and disappear.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I just want to make a second rival. I have gary, and now i want to make a second one. so, i don't need the codes with starters.
I want her to meet me, battle, than walk away and disappear.

If that's what you need help with then I think you would be better of by reading diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial as it gives detailed instructions on making applymovement scripts and how a lot of the scripting commands work. Also, try looking at scripts that other people/ Gamefreak have made to learn their structures. If you're still having problems with your script then you should post in the Script Help Thread from now on.

Years
Ok thank you i found it.
Another quick and very different question:
How long does it take for an admin or mod to confirm a new topic in hacks showcase and progressing hacks? i am waiting for 2 days now..

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
This may have been answered before or there may be a tutorial on this, if there are, I'm not finding something that is helping me at all, or it could be that I'm just too frustrated in trying to find it that I'm blinded in actually seeing it. I'm trying to make a hack but I'm having a few problems.

1) I'm trying to figure out how to change the selecting options on the side of advanced map, (where you pick the selections for grass/buildings etc, I'd post a pic but it won't allow me to without 15 posts, I'm not exactly sure the exact term or name for this either so searching for how to change it around is hard) I don't want to use the options for Ruby and want to have something a bit more updated looking but I'm not understanding or seeing how to change it. I'm on a Mac (which some might say is the problem) and am using Advanced Map through Wine.

2) Are there hacking tools for Mac? I'd really like to use the A-Mart, A-Text and A-Starter not to mention YAPE but wine won't open them and when I tried to use them on another computer (PC) it won't load them and keeps telling me that trojans are attached to them :( I have this really awesome idea for a hack but I feel that the task may be outside my abilities for what I'm working with.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Not sure if allowed to bump this up, because I'd really like some answers to my questions since I can't seem to find any answers through threads. Thanks~!

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
What are the diffrences between roms for hacking purposes? Diffrent people seem to keep saying diffrent ones are better which leads me to believe it's down to the type of hack and personal choice. This is confusing me a bit, but I'm sure once I get the facts I'll figure it out.

Thanks1

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
This is a late response, but the answer is yes. You just have to make sure everything you use for battles or trading was hatched from an egg, in order to make sure everything's considered to be legal by the servers.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
I am using Rin (gb/gbc emulator) and I cannot get Pokemon Crystal to work...

7Jshi.jpg

I know that is hard to read it says: This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.

Please help me :)

Years
Okay so everytime I play Pokemon Gold on my VBA on Mac, it keeps saying Wrote Battery and it blocks the word box too. How do I stop this from happening?

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
How do I run the pokemon sienna Hack? Do I need to use a certain emulator or patch it or some thing?

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Emulator on a PSP?

I saw somewhere that you are able to put an emulator on a PSP. Is this true? And if you can does anyone know how? I have an old PSP that I do not use and if I could get my emulator onto it, it would make me an extremely happy person. I have been playing my Pokemon Crystal on my GBC and a version of Silver on my VBA Emulator with an Xbox 360 controller. If I could get it on my PSP though that would be awesome!

Any feedback would help, and if this is in the wrong section can a mod put it into the right section?

Thanks!
-Jon

Tragoedia

Cool Trainer :3
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I was wondering if anyone could help, I was gutted to find that I couldn't open my ROM on VS Trainer all of a sudden, it was the first time I'd used it on this particular hack,
I restarted the hack, luckily most of the stuff I'd done was cosmetic so it wasn't hard to transfer what i'd done since Advance Map was still accepting the ROM
I saved what I could and repeated what I'd done and found that as soon as I used YAPE, VS Trainer stopped accepting the ROM :/
I was wondering, is this a common conflict? Is there a solution?

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
@Skitty1: Just use VBA ;)
VBA can emulate GBs/GBCs really well ;)

Thanks for the reply but I got it working - btw Rin is for the PSP :p.

New question: how do I edit my Pokedex in B/W? I managed to get Skitty in the game :3 but I cannot get it to show up inside the Pokedex :'(...

Back