• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2023
How can I play rom hacks on ios ?
Previously when I used android I used to play on John GBA and used rom patcher for patching!
Can anyone help plz!?

Mario60866

Banned
Years
I need help with the whole project in general. I have no idea how to map edit in rom hacks for Platinum and I know a little bit about editing Pokemon but not enough to be productive with it. I have no idea how to make custom items.
I want to add in extra Pokemon (all Pokemon introduced generation 5+ and my fakemons) and I want to add in extra maps and story. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can learn how to make room hacks in general?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Mar 28, 2022
i have absolutely no idea how to download or patcha rom, i am trying to get wilting y for citra emulator but cant find anything helpful on the internet

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Downloading roms

I am currently trying to download pokemon fused dimensions but I cant seem to get mGBA to download, does it not work on chrome book?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I am currently trying to download pokemon fused dimensions but I cant seem to get mGBA to download, does it not work on chrome book?
From the Frequently Asked Questions section of mGBA:
mGBA will run on mostly any computer from the last decade, as well as several additional platforms:

Windows (Vista or newer)
macOS
Linux
*BSD
Nintendo 3DS (New 3DS is required for GBA games)
Nintendo Switch
Wii
PlayStation Vita

If you wish to run mGBA on Windows XP or other systems that RetroArch runs on please use the libretro core instead. Please note that the libretro core is not always in sync with the standalone version and may have issues no longer present upstream.

Does not mention ChromeOS. Might be able to use the libretro core, however. (Knows nothing more than that. Leaves it to more knowledge people and/or Google searches from here.)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
my start screen has frozen

I'm playing on my PC, building up levels to defeat the elite 4, and my start screen has frozen. When I click continue nothing happens. I'm worried this means I'll have to start the game all over again. Any idea what I can do?

I even found an on-site completely different game to try and the same thing happens. The enter buttons works fine to skip through all the intro but then won't go past the start screen. This is really squashing my plans to play a bunch of the game versions ://

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'm playing on my PC, building up levels to defeat the elite 4, and my start screen has frozen. When I click continue nothing happens. I'm worried this means I'll have to start the game all over again. Any idea what I can do?

I even found an on-site completely different game to try and the same thing happens. The enter buttons works fine to skip through all the intro but then won't go past the start screen. This is really squashing my plans to play a bunch of the game versions ://
What emulator are you using? Might help to know which game as well.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm new to ROM hacking and looking for a Pokemon editor compatible with a FireRed ROM patched with the CFRU and DPE (HexManiacAdvance and Gen 3 Tools both don't based off my experience). Any recommendations?

Back