• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking the Fire Red's Trainer Tower!

Years
  • Hello guys, this is my new thread about an HMA tutorial with information about the Trainer Tower.
    Before we begin, sorry about my English. I hope to be more understandable than before tutorials.

This thread is about Trainer Tower's Fire Red and how to hack them.
    The first thing we know about the Trainer Tower's data is a bit complicated... For public hacking, we don't have a single thread.

In my project, I just decap all words to be "Example", instead of the vanilla way: "EXAMPLE".
    When I start a match on Trainer Tower, what intrigued me is the Pokemon and Trainer's names still on VANILLA WAY.
    Spoiler:

I just copied the first pokemon's name of Single Type match in vanilla form (FERALIGATR) and trying to find any data using HxD and HMA to compare. I was successful:
    Spoiler:

ALBERTO is the first trainer on Single Type match and FERALIGATR is the first pokémon.
    So, what are the next steps?
    We know that Trainer Tower's data is singular than the usual/normal Trainer's structure.
    Now, I will show you all the information I could find:
    Spoiler:

Using HMA, this part becomes more readable and easier to modify:
    Spoiler:

How to edit the Trainers?
    Spoiler:

PS: For those unfamiliar, HMA is a PERFECT and safe enough tool for you to make modifications to your third-generation games' projects in a very dynamic way. With a few minutes using the tool, you adapt the interface and can understand how some structures of your project work in a very easy and understandable way, without losing the ease of doing things a little more complex without losing the environment of being in an easily accessible tool.
    Without HMA, I would not be able to do this tutorial, or at least make it more dynamic, as you can see.
    HMA's download link

Last edited:
    Back