• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Is liking your own posts against the rules?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Hey guys, how's everyone!

Well, recently I've been getting quite a few private messages of people not appreciating the fact that I like my own posts (not naming anyone, just out of respect) & I feel a bit cornered :(. It almost seems like people are taking personal offense to it (I really can't understand why ~_~), so I thought I might as well address it.

See I believe that if you don't like yourself, no one else would, so liking my own posts isn't arrogance, but self-regard. If someone doesn't like it, its their opinion & I respect that, but likewise, I can have my own way of making my opinions, right, after all its a free forum. If it was against the rules to like your own posts, I would have got a infringement by now for it, which I haven't.

Well I'm really sorry guys my intention was never to hurt anyone. I know all those who asked that question have been around much longer than me & know the rules better. Again, if its against the rules to like your own posts, the moderators need to tell me & I won't do it in future.

I'm just a Pokemon fan like everyone else on this forum! I don't think that something as trivial as liking your own posts should bother anyone, so please guys don't take this personally, coz I don't want any trouble here.

On a lighter note if its not against the rules, I can still continue to like my posts, right (like I did with this post)! He he he ;) ;)!

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • As far as I know; there's no rule against it; though it may be considered kind of unusual. I don't see why anyone should be complaining about it though; it's really kind of harmless and I myself have liked my own posts a time or two to mark them for whatever reason I needed to do so.

I'm not a mod but I've been around long enough to say "Where is the harm in it?". I think you should probably ignore people who complain about that.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I personally think liking your post, even though it may be sort of unusual, it can be useful at some point (like when someone liking his own post when everyone turned into Pokémon on AFD several years ago so that I can know who's the poster). It doesn't break the rules in any way, tho, so I think it might be a-ok for me as well.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • As far as I know; there's no rule against it; though it may be considered kind of unusual. I don't see why anyone should be complaining about it though; it's really kind of harmless and I myself have liked my own posts a time or two to mark them for whatever reason I needed to do so.
    I'm not a mod but I've been around long enough to say "Where is the harm in it?". I think you should probably ignore people who complain about that.

Nothing you are doing is against the rules. Carry on however you like. If people are being disrespectful towards you about it in private, feel free to report the PMs.

Like the others said, liking your own posts is not rule-breaking in any way, and if you think something is wrong just report it to the higher staff in PMs as shenanigans stated above.

I personally think liking your post, even though it may be sort of unusual, it can be useful at some point (like when someone liking his own post when everyone turned into Pokémon on AFD several years ago so that I can know who's the poster). It doesn't break the rules in any way, tho, so I think it might be a-ok for me as well.

Hey everyone, thanks for replying & also informing me that I'm not actually breaking any rules.

Actually a couple of guys just asked in matter-of-fact way, why I like my own posts, so it was okay. What I didn't like was someone almost demanding that I stop doing so :|, which was what prompted me to make this post in the first place. But still guys I don't wanna make any complains against anyone, just hope that no one asks me the same question again.

Peace {<3}

Pika Pika :chu:

Back