• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Looking for an old IV/EV guide (like ten years a go)

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Back in 2007 I found - I think thanks to this forum - an early guide to IVs en EVs. It was my first introduction to the hidden mechanics and might actually be one of the first guides on it on the internet. To me it's almost a relic and I'd love to see it again sometime.

Hopefully someone here knows the guide I'm talking about it. I remember it being just a lot of text, no images. It was written by someone who first went to pretty great length to establish his credibility by mentioning how he had written guides to other games too. He also made a big thing out of false rumours like female Pokémon having worse stats than male Pokémon. He called this the "Tim brother says" phenomenon or something.

Anyone has any idea?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Was it something posted on PC, or was it something that you found through PC?

Back