• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fully functional Old Man Glitch/Missingno.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
A lil' ROM hacking project I've been working on that implements the Old Man/MISSINGNO glitch in Fire Red.

Demonstration video

v1 has the following features:
  • Copying of encounters from last visited area
  • Copying your Trainer Name as encounter data after getting a capture demonstration from the Old Man
  • Adding MISSINGNO. as a new Pokemon
  • Adding gen 3 native glitches to the encounter list after getting a capture demonstration from the Old Man
  • Corrupting the quantity of the item in the 6th regular item slot and 3rd ball item slot when encountering any of the glitches
  • Changing the encounter music to the legendary encounter theme when encountering any of the glitches
  • Support for levels up to 255

Download here

Instructions are provided in the readme file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Love the idea of bringing back the glitches from Gen I. Also, I doubt it's possible, but can you implement the movement delay glitch? Like, when you step in front of a trainer you haven't faced, fly away and the trainer walks up to you, making the game think you're still in battle? I feel like Nintendo may have already corrected that in the engine, but would LOVE to see that in too!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Did you ever do this? I am of a download link. Came here searching for a hack with that and mew glitch

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
How about adding Ghost type immunity for Psychic types? That's also a particular Gen 1 bug/glitch

Back