• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad team is Bad.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    So I threw together this team, in hopes of getting something other than my usual team.

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 244 HP / 32 SAtk / 12 SDef / 220 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Torment
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Lava Plume

Uh, this kind of works, torment on a move they would damage me bad with, then substitute to protect from next attack, then protect to block the same move that was blocked by torment. Etc. Not sure if to lead with this or Forretress.

639.png

Terakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge

From what I've heard he's goood. People switch Roob into him and I get walled. I would like to keep him.

386-speed.png

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psycho Boost
    - Superpower
    - Ice Beam

I've run this set before, and I usually get 1-2 kills before it's killed.

130.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Waterfall
    - Roar

This was because I thought it would be good. Idk, maybe it needs taken off?

38.png

Ninetales (F) @ Balloon
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Energy Ball
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Nasty Plot

My weather counter because I need something to keep away SS and Rain.

205.png

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Payback
    - Toxic Spikes

Typical, set up hazards, and spin away others, usually my second in to fight.

So thanks for helping me out you guys, I would really appreciate constructive criticism. No hating/flaming please.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Well, I'm new to the whole rating thing, but I guess I'll give my two cents.

I say you should lead with Forretress. Yes, Fire will work him over, but you gotta work to his strong suit. You want to get an ample amount of damage through Toxic Spikes/Spikes from the start. You also got to take into account Forretress' Sturdy. He'll survive a super-effective move(unless damaged on the switch-in), allowing you to set-up a layer of Toxic Spikes/Spikes and go from there. Gotta be careful about switching him in on entry hazards while at low HP, though.

You could set up Spikes(removing Thunderbolt) with Deoxys-S and start with him first. If the foe is weak to any of your attacks, attack. If your about to go down, toss up some Spikes, so at least you have something up. You can then keep Forretress for you next switch-in. Or you can keep Deoxys for later in the match, for dealing with stuff like Roop, which Psycho Boost should deal with.

Also, looking as you have Ninetails for weather-control. You don't want to have Gyarados's Waterfall weakened by the Sun, while Heatran will greatly benefit from the Sun(Lava Plume, mostly). If you keep Gyarados, be sure to keep in mind the perpetual Sun from Ninetails, if you have to send it out early. Earthquake could work on Gyarados, just beware of Levitate/Flying-types

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're intent on using Sun, dont use Gyarados. Gliscor works over it.

SR > T-Spikes on Forry.

HP Fire over T-Bolt on Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt. LO recoil wears it down too fast and it gains the same KO's. HP Fire hits Forry, Natt and Scizor.

Terakion seems dead weight, put a sun sweeper over it imo. Venusaur would be preferable.

Back