• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Essentials 17.2 Error

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 11, 2018
I'm having a problem with Pokemon Essentials Version 17.2 (Pok?mon Essentials v17.2 2017-10-15)
So when I start the game and I press the title screen to come to the menu is always this error:

Pokemon Essentials:
Script 'SpriteWindows_sprites' line 30: RuntimeError occurred.

file name is nil

That's the text that always comes.

Years
Spoiler:

This exception comes up when you get, as I see, something missing in Graphics Folder. What specific - I don't know.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
It's most likely a party icon. You probably have another project which is also called "Pok?mon Essentials", and those two save files overlap. You then you have a Pok?mon in one of those projects which you don't have in the other, and therefore it crashes your game.

What you can do is make sure every project you work in is has a unique name.
You can change the name of your project in RMXP by going into Game -> Change Title:

e4Q75qc.png

ErPedro

El Pedrusco Mamadísimo
Years
I do also have an error, it happens when I open the Pokemon menú ingame (testing). I added some new pokemon in, but when i put them in the party, this error occurs. It doesn't happen with other pokemon, but I don't know why
---------------------------
LE GAIM
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

SpriteWindow_sprites:30:in `initialize'

Pokemon_Sprites:223:in `new'

Pokemon_Sprites:223:in `pokemon='

Pokemon_Sprites:209:in `initialize'

PScreen_Party:205:in `new'

PScreen_Party:205:in `initialize'

PScreen_Party:442:in `new'

PScreen_Party:442:in `pbStartScene'

PScreen_Party:440:in `each'

PScreen_Party:440:in `pbStartScene'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\pedro\Saved Games\LE GAIM\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar
I've tried changing it's name, but didn't work, and I don't know where's the error.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I think that error is about a missing file. Presumably you don't have the icons for your new Pokémon and so the party screen crashes when it tries to show them? (God, I wish Essentials would use the ? placeholder icons instead of crashing)

Back