• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Battle videos/coverage on the Battle Server

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • The thread in CQ&F about the Battle Server and recent discussion in it resulted in this idea. I'm not quite sure how feasible it is, but perhaps battles could every so often be featured in here, be it a recording with commentary, logs, discussion with interviews or some mix of that. It'd also help promote the BS by linking to it and creating awareness, etc.

Any videos posted on youtube that cover battles can also be cross-posted onto PC Daily easily enough.

Any input from those more into the BS than myself? The idea is up for anyone else to take over with running consistently/inconsistently.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd be up for writing up battle analyses to help the commentators. I can help pick out good battles too. I'm not sure if I want to be a commentator myself. I'll have to think about it. Probably will do it later at some point.

PC Daily lends itself really well to warstories. For those who don't know, warstories used to be very popular when PS replays weren't around. There was even a sub-forum on PC for them at one point. They're simple battle logs with commentary, CSS, images, recaps throughout the battle, etc. I'd love to make these.

We've had a couple of suggestions for running "Player of the Week" threads/articles. (Though it doesn't have to be weekly.) Basically, it just involves interviewing various PC battlers. Maybe set up an AMA sort of thread for gathering questions, then have the player answer them all in the article.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the war stories idea a lot. Could be a pretty neat article. Where would the AMA be hosted?
    Sorry I didn't see this. I assume it'd go in Battling & Team Building or The Bulletin Board. If it goes in the latter, we'd have to curate the questions more so that there are more battling-related questions.

Anyway PCL will be starting up in about a week, and I should have some time to battle more often. Hopefully I'll get a battle soon that would make for a good warstory. 8)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Alright, sounds good to me.

Seeing there's interest, I'll approve it. You guys can decide on how to best present warstories.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I still plan to write some warstories (entire battle logs with commentary) and/or post-game analyses (general summaries) for PC League battles. The latter might be best for battles that I'm not in. I'm currently scoping out for any standout battles as we haven't had any particularly interesting ones so far.

Nolafus said that he should be able to cover PCL battles on YouTube.

I'll make a separate thread for player interviews once the PCL hosts iron out the details on how we'll go about running it.

Back