• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is considered a good number of pokemon for a FR hack?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Is 200+ too many? Should I try to stay around 151? I figure that if I do a higher number than some will have to be post-game only

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Well, it's your choice bro, based on the type of the hack you will make. In my hack for an example, I have all the 721 current Pokémon and 70% of their forms/formes, and I want to place some more, because I made slots for 1258 Pokémon, then you can do the way you want, but remember, if you want to use a lot of Pokémon like me, you will need a lot of different maps too and regions, then my opinion is, more is better but lot of work. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Well, it's your choice bro, based on the type of the hack you will make. In my hack for an example, I have all the 721 current Pokémon and 70% of their forms/formes, and I want to place some more, because I made slots for 1258 Pokémon, then you can do the way you want, but remember, if you want to use a lot of Pokémon like me, you will need a lot of different maps too and regions, then my opinion is, more is better but lot of work. ^^

So if I have around 190 including legendaries, do you think I can fit them all into the game pre-E4?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    X/Y had a dex of 450 Pokémon and it actually worked well. It depends on the varieties, the length of the game and the region map, but 200 is a reasonable number.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • More than twelve, less than all of them.

In all seriousness though, it depends on how well thought out and spaced out your region is. XY had a problem where there was little Pokemon overlap between routes, which is weird, and I'd say it had too many Pokemon packed into Kalos (and Kalos was a decent size). I bet with some careful placement, 200ish would be a good figure to shoot for in a Kanto sized region. If you're extra careful, getting closer to 300 might be okay too. It really depends on your region's length, number of routes, climate zones, and your skill in spreading them out.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    A number around 200 is actually works great for a well planned Gen 3 game. Remember that RSE had 202 Pokémon in its Pokédex, and Platinum brought the total up to 210 for its Pokédex. So even the base games have a Pokédex about that size.

Just be careful when you place wild Pokémon so that you don't get an XY situation like Deokishisu mentioned.

Back