• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Difficulties finding people to play multiplayer

Years
  • Hi guys! I've really been wanting to do the Entralink in gen 5 recently but I can't seem to find a single person to do local multiplayer with! I don't even get any passerby on my C-Gear. This is more of a venting post but it's pretty frustrating how much content is locked behind having other people near you to play, I know Wiiffmmi exists but that still leaves out a lot of content I simply can't access. Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, do you have any tips for finding people to play with. I've been asking around my school but I haven't had any luck.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's probably not much else you can do besides ask around and see if anyone will oblige, though chances are you won't find anyone. It's not uncommon for multiplayer in games to dwindle down to a very small population years after release, and the Gen 5 games don't even get WiFi service anymore. Passerby systems were always kinda made with Japan only in mind, as it's a very densely populated country with a lot of public transport that headquarters much of the gaming industry.

You can do some of the Entralink stuff solo in Black2/White2 though.

Back