• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I know we've all been playing fervently and we got lots of stories to tell. How about those moments where all you can say is "....what the f***...?"

I'll start things off with the most recent one.

I was doing a double battle with steelix and feraligatr against two others I can't remember. Everything was going well and it was my turn to pick a move with feraligatr. While trying to pick waterfall, I accidentally hit superpower with my finger. I tried cancelling it and instead told Feraligatr to attack steelix. Steelix fainted.

So let's hear yours. =]

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • My Level 45 Eevee OHKO'd all of Claire's Pokemon with Return, except Kingdra who required ~three hits.

I wasn't expecting that at all :\ Adaptability + Silk Scarf + Return on a Normal-type Pokemon = abused.

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • I was playing against some guy I met on this site. He challenged me, and I didn't have anything else better to do, so I battled him. I really think he hacked his pokemon though. It was the most boring battle I have ever played, cause the guy kept using substitue, over and over again. I'd take it out, and for some odd reason, it'd come back. The substitute would take three hits until it finally died, and then'd he'd use another substitue. I don't know if it was hacked, or just a glitch in the connection, but It made me not be able to take him out. it was really gay, and I never want to battle him again.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I was playing against some guy I met on this site. He challenged me, and I didn't have anything else better to do, so I battled him. I really think he hacked his pokemon though. It was the most boring battle I have ever played, cause the guy kept using substitue, over and over again. I'd take it out, and for some odd reason, it'd come back. The substitute would take three hits until it finally died, and then'd he'd use another substitue. I don't know if it was hacked, or just a glitch in the connection, but It made me not be able to take him out. it was really gay, and I never want to battle him again.

Sounds like a n00b >> lol

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • May not be a WTF moment,but first time I faced Ho-oh got it to like 1 HP paralyzed, perfect, wasn't thinking, bam attacked and K.O'd him, made me :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Hahaha that's ridiculous. Another one that comes to mind is Bruno's Hitmonlee using swagger three times on my Slowbro with Own Tempo. For funsies I headbutted him and won =]

Riverwind

The Fire Within
    Years
  • When Ho-oh had 1 HP and was asleep and I still couldn't catch it >_<
    Took ten ultra balls after I used false swipe and hypnosis D:

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • Another time, I got the rainbow wing and the first thing to pop in my head was to catch ho-oh... immediately. I quickly flew to the tower and reached the top. I saved my game and started the battle. I took him down to around 1 hp, and thought to myself "wow! this is lucky" next, I took to my bag, only to see 10 ultra balls left. :O was my expression. so I said, ok, whatever. I used all nine, unsuccessful, and then thought to myself, if I catch this, I'll flip out. And that I did. I flipped out when I caught it. If only it was a shiny lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Morty's insistence on using Curse to suicide his Pokemon. He did that with two of them.

The other two, I finished off in one attack (Technician boosted Bite from Lv30 Persian).

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I decided to do a bit of Elite Four training runs - just see how far i could get through the elite four for training purposes. managed to beat the whole elite four with just my Lvl53 Feraligatr and a couple of full restores, got to the end and was like: "WTF? that was easy." it really surprised me.

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • I decided to do a bit of Elite Four training runs - just see how far i could get through the elite four for training purposes. managed to beat the whole elite four with just my Lvl53 Feraligatr and a couple of full restores, got to the end and was like: "WTF? that was easy." it really surprised me.

will's slowbro didn't give you any trouble? you had crunch I presume?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Catching legendaries always have "WTF" moments involved.

When I first played HG (in Japanese) I went to the tower to catch Ho-Oh and I was really excited about it. I get there and there was no Ho-Oh. I got all pissed and then I remembered I forgot the kimono girls. So I had to go ALL THE WAY back since I had no escape rope.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    my biggest WTF moment in SS was beating the whole elite 4 first time through with only 2 or 3 level 43's and the rest were like crappy little HM only pokemon

but then again in platinum I took down the whole elite 4 with my highest pokemon being 10 levels lower than the lowest pokemon the fire elite 4 guy had only part I had problems with was champion which I ended up beating after a million restarts in front of him

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I think my WTF moment was my first round battling Whitney. I had a Machop of equal level, which was fine. Kept trying to attack, but she kept using Stomp, which made Machop flinch...every freaking time. I got fed up and reset the game, tried again with better results. Even though Machop was in love. lol

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • :I go to the Battle Hall, and I enter my lanturn. Thanks to Lanturn's limited weaknesses + Volt absorb, and all its variety of moves, I was doing pretty well.
    I got to the 50th battle, where I finally faced Argenta. All my hopes for my first Frontier Seal was in reach.
    My reaction to her sending out her randomly selected Kingler was overjoyed. One or two good discharges should be enough. She uses dig. Okay, she'll probably hit first, right? Use Confuse Ray so she might not be able to do that again.
    She scored a critical hit.
    Lanturn faints.
    .....wtf.

:I save the game, and my Poke'Gear rings, as I'm turning off the game. A milisecond too slow, my friend Baoba. wtf. XD

:Riding the S.S. Aqua, there was a Hiker with a Bronzor. in Johto/Kanto. A BONZOR. I THOUGHT I GOT RID OF THOSE IN PLATINUM. GAH WTF!

:In the Batlle hall earlier with my Nidoqueen. I select Ghost Type.
    ....Ice type move don't super-effect the Bug-Type Shedinja?
    Wait, I have NO MOVES that super-effect Shedinja?!
    WTF.

:WHAT DO I CALL MEDICHAM MIDDLE HEAD THINGY, WTF?!

Yeah.... XP

I was playing against some guy I met on this site. He challenged me, and I didn't have anything else better to do, so I battled him. I really think he hacked his pokemon though. It was the most boring battle I have ever played, cause the guy kept using substitue, over and over again. I'd take it out, and for some odd reason, it'd come back. The substitute would take three hits until it finally died, and then'd he'd use another substitue. I don't know if it was hacked, or just a glitch in the connection, but It made me not be able to take him out. it was really gay, and I never want to battle him again.

WHENYOUSAYTHINGSAREGAYDOYOUREALIZEWHATYOUSAYARG
    NOYOUDONTCAUSEYOURESOEMMAANDJULIA

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • My WTF moment would be when I found out about Voltorb Flip.
    I was in the Game Corner thinking,
    "WTF happened to the slots? This game makes hardly any sense!" and,
    "How am I going to get Dratini?!".
    Now I can get to game 6 without too many troubles, and it's growing on me really fast.

Please help, I can't stop at 10368 coins! ;_; I think this addiction to flipping cards is killing me!

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    when i took out the ENTIRE 4th gym with my level 18 furret no problem- it knew "Strength, Quick Attack, Headbutt, and Shadow Ball"

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • My WTF moment would be when I found out about Voltorb Flip.
    I was in the Game Corner thinking,
    "WTF happened to the slots? This game makes hardly any sense!" and,
    "How am I going to get Dratini?!".
    Now I can get to game 6 without too many troubles, and it's growing on me really fast.

Please help, I can't stop at 10368 coins! ;_; I think this addiction to flipping cards is killing me!

I have no clue on how to play this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back