• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's go pikachu/Eevee affect on the anime

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
  • Won't lie I was expecting gen 8 this year and for the sun and moon anime to be done by the fall , but since the announcements of the new games Do you think that adds another year to the SM saga or will we get the league end of this year and maybe post league shinanagins after with SM crew in kanto.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Won't lie I was expecting gen 8 this year and for the sun and moon anime to be done by the fall , but since the announcements of the new games Do you think that adds another year to the SM saga or will we get the league end of this year and maybe post league shinanagins after with SM crew in kanto.

English dub is taking a summer break since Season 21 is only going to be 35 Episodes long(resuming in September with Episodes 59 to 66 airing from 9/8 to 9/15 and finishing at Episode 78 in December(12/8) like before with Season 20). That means Season 22 will likely deal with Hapu and Poni Island, the Alolan League with potentially Hau appearing on the scene(never know at this point), past character cameos(Brock, Misty, Serena?), Necrozma and Team Rocket/Team Skull. There MAY be a bit of Kanto pandering in Season 22 or an entire season in Kanto(Season 23) similar to Battle Frontier but with either the SM cast(say Lillie and maybe Rotomdex) or past companions(like Kalos group). Odds are though that the pandering to Kanto will likely come in the form of Brock and Misty going to Alola due to SM43. Many people want to see Serena again but honestly I don't with regards to Sun and Moon. Generation 8 or a season in Kanto again, hit me baby one more time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    If it has any impact on the anime, I suspect it might have something to do with the concept art tweets posted on Twitter that IcyIce reported a while back.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • By effect I don't mean like the anime change of format or anything I was thinking more along the lines like are the writers forced to add another 30+ episodes or so now since it'll be another year before gen 8 it's just hard to fathom sun and moon going another year and a half

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    It'll be nothing of consequence even if it has any effect. It'll change it up for a season max, then go back to the same formula as always. It's literally status quo the anime. To worry about any major changes in it is ludicrous.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Looks like I was wrong on length of Japanese dub's first season. Episodes 79 and 80 were just announced and I think Ash's 6th team member might be joining up in Episode 80(being an Ice Cave, I'm leaning towards Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash). Speculation aside, this throws a little wrench into my Season 21 theory wherein the season will be longer than Orange Islands(37 Episodes now with potentially more to go). If it turns out to be 80, then the English Dub will start up again on September 1st or a week earlier than that(August 25th).

As for the English Dub of SM lasting for another year and a half, that's all but expected. SM games debuted in November 2016 while XYZ was still airing in English(and had just finished airing the after season specials in Japanese like Citron/Cilan's special with Bonnie and Clemont). No idea what effect Pikachu/Eevee games will have on the Anime but I suspect it'll push Brock and Misty to visit Alola and perhaps Serena(or Ilima) making another appearance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Looks like I was wrong on length of Japanese dub's first season. Episodes 79 and 80 were just announced and I think Ash's 6th team member might be joining up in Episode 80(being an Ice Cave, I'm leaning towards Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash).

Haven't you read the summary for that episode? It implies that Lillie will be the one to catch Alolan Sandshrew.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Haven't you read the summary for that episode? It implies that Lillie will be the one to catch Alolan Sandshrew.

Don't bother reading Episode summaries as it spoils it for me. Title of Episodes are a hint but if Lillie catches a Pokemon, what the hell took so long. 80 Episodes for a Female protagonist to catch a 2nd Pokemon? Not even Serena(or heck Iris) was this slow and unless she(Lillie), Lana or Mallow catches another on post Episode 80, Serena will have surpassed them yet again(she catches Eevee on XY89). For a single Female Protagonist to outshine 3 characters through 80 Episodes highlights the glaring flaw in the Sun&Moon series(Too many characters). If Lillie was to catch Alolan Sandshrew though, it's another Ice Type for her(while also a Steel Type. Sigh Ash.... why can't you get a Steel Type already).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • They have never changed a character's specialty type before.

Well, Lillie is not like her game's counterpart frankly. Same can be said about the rest of the cast(excluding Ash). They may, although I agree with you that I think she'd be better off as a Fairy Type Trainer, have her catch a multitude of Pokemon that she doesn't catch in the games. I mean Iris had Excadrill and Emolga when she's a Dragon Type Trainer.

I also must point out that we've been trolled before when it comes to the Female cast(ain't that right Hikamaru? *cough* Lana and Dewpider *cough*).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well, Lillie is not like her game's counterpart frankly. Same can be said about the rest of the cast(excluding Ash). They may, although I agree with you that I think she'd be better off as a Fairy Type Trainer, have her catch a multitude of Pokemon that she doesn't catch in the games. I mean Iris had Excadrill and Emolga when she's a Dragon Type Trainer.

I also must point out that we've been trolled before when it comes to the Female cast(ain't that right Hikamaru? *cough* Lana and Dewpider *cough*).

I'd rather that if we do get a Fairy type specalist, then it will be someone more competitive that actually does some battling, unlike Lillie

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, Lillie is not like her game's counterpart frankly. Same can be said about the rest of the cast(excluding Ash). They may, although I agree with you that I think she'd be better off as a Fairy Type Trainer, have her catch a multitude of Pokemon that she doesn't catch in the games. I mean Iris had Excadrill and Emolga when she's a Dragon Type Trainer.

Remember that in SM071, Lana did mention that Dewpider wanted to settle in first, so her dialogue there hinted that she may catch it in the future.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As Weedle pointed out, I pointed out concept arts being posted a while ago on one of the official twitters.

Sun and Moon will probably last another year. It is possible that we will go back to Kanto or Johto once more. With it being remakes, Kanto is likely, but I don't know what it could be.

From what I have seen in the anime, it looks like they are building up toward the Rainbow Rocket or at least Team Rocket arc. This would include Looker and possibly Anabel. Since Anabel was in Kanto last we saw her, I wouldn't be surprised if they combine the Rocket, Necrozma and UB arcs together.

Since we have already been to Poni Island in the anime, it is possible that there won't be much going on there. But still, where does that leave us.

It is hard to say right now to be honest, but right now, everything is looking to return to Kanto and possibly the return of more old characters. Dawn has not yet been to Kanto, and she is supposed to be currently in Johto. Dawn could make a return. Virgil would also make some sense.

All and all this is how I think everything will be.

Poni Island Arc (No more than 5 episodes)
    Pokemon League Arc ill the end of the year)

Then next year, we could return to Kanto.
    Maybe a Festival Arc or maybe even Ash's party at becoming the Champion of Alola (Don't get your hopes up, just an idea and probably not possible.)
    Team Rocket Arc

With how powerful Ultra Necrozma is, we could see a return of Zygadre and Greninja. Plus in the game, it was a Dark Type you needed to stop Necrozma in most cases.

Before we can guess what will clearly happen, we need more info about the games. We have never had a second remake before.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    We already revisited Kanto, and Ash invited Misty and Brock to visit Alola sometime.

The anime will just stick to Alola until Gen 8 comes out.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • As Weedle pointed out, I pointed out concept arts being posted a while ago on one of the official twitters.

Sun and Moon will probably last another year. It is possible that we will go back to Kanto or Johto once more. With it being remakes, Kanto is likely, but I don't know what it could be.

From what I have seen in the anime, it looks like they are building up toward the Rainbow Rocket or at least Team Rocket arc. This would include Looker and possibly Anabel. Since Anabel was in Kanto last we saw her, I wouldn't be surprised if they combine the Rocket, Necrozma and UB arcs together.

Since we have already been to Poni Island in the anime, it is possible that there won't be much going on there. But still, where does that leave us.

It is hard to say right now to be honest, but right now, everything is looking to return to Kanto and possibly the return of more old characters. Dawn has not yet been to Kanto, and she is supposed to be currently in Johto. Dawn could make a return. Virgil would also make some sense.

All and all this is how I think everything will be.

Poni Island Arc (No more than 5 episodes)
    Pokemon League Arc ill the end of the year)

Then next year, we could return to Kanto.
    Maybe a Festival Arc or maybe even Ash's party at becoming the Champion of Alola (Don't get your hopes up, just an idea and probably not possible.)
    Team Rocket Arc

With how powerful Ultra Necrozma is, we could see a return of Zygare and Greninja. Plus in the game, it was a Dark Type you needed to stop Necrozma in most cases.

Before we can guess what will clearly happen, we need more info about the games. We have never had a second remake before.

Greninja is unlikely to return for the simple fact that Incineroar is a Dark Type too. Furthermore, Ash is bound to get Incinium-Z, hence foreshadowing Torracat evolving to Incineroar at some point and he will use that Z-Move to take down Necrozma.

As for them returning to Kanto, it's a possibility but I think we're likely to have Team Rocket come to Alola instead(which would remove Dawn and other characters from returning unless they go to Alola as well. Only characters that have the foundation laid for returning are Brock and Misty. Everyone else would require a reason to be there, including Serena).

Years
  • Greninja is unlikely to return for the simple fact that Incineroar is a Dark Type too. Furthermore, Ash is bound to get Incinium-Z, hence foreshadowing Torracat evolving to Incineroar at some point and he will use that Z-Move to take down Necrozma.

As for them returning to Kanto, it's a possibility but I think we're likely to have Team Rocket come to Alola instead(which would remove Dawn and other characters from returning unless they go to Alola as well. Only characters that have the foundation laid for returning are Brock and Misty. Everyone else would require a reason to be there, including Serena).

I do believe that Greninja is pretty much dead when it comes to existence in the anime, since the anime always focuses on the current generation's Pokemon. The fact Torracat hasn't gotten its own Z-Crystal yet further hints he will evolve into Incineroar and obtain Incinium Z.

And the fact why I believe Incineroar will happen is because Rowlet and Popplio are pretty much prevented from evolving due to merchandise. Basically, a similar starter evolution route to Kanto and Unova, where only the Fire-type evolved.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I do believe that Greninja is pretty much dead when it comes to existence in the anime, since the anime always focuses on the current generation's Pokemon. The fact Torracat hasn't gotten its own Z-Crystal yet further hints he will evolve into Incineroar and obtain Incinium Z.

And the fact why I believe Incineroar will happen is because Rowlet and Popplio are pretty much prevented from evolving due to merchandise. Basically, a similar starter evolution route to Kanto and Unova, where only the Fire-type evolved.

Ditto :P. Anyways, I had this dream that Ash break's end of series tradition by giving away his Alola Pokemon to his companions as opposed to bringing them back to Kanto to live at Oak's Lab. I have no idea what his 6th Team member will be but I could see Incineroar being given to Kiawe, Rowlett to Mallow, Lycanroc to Kukui and Poipole going back to Ultra Space(or given to Lillie and/or Aether Foundation for further study). The reason why is because they'd be out of place in Kanto while giving the other cast members a powerful Pokemon to have at their disposal(mostly because they've neglected giving cast members Pokemon to begin with).

Back