• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation I Evolution Family Pokémon of the Day #6: Charizard

Do you think that Charizard is your favorite Pokémon?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What's happening with you guys? Here is the 6th favoritable Generation I Evolution Family Pokémon of the Day:
    latest

Charizard
    Charizard is a Fire/Flying-type Flame Pokémon.
    It is 5'07" tall.
    It weighs 199.5 lbs. lbs.
    It has a gender ratio of 7 males to 1 female.
    It activates its Blaze ability.

Please let me whether or not you think it's your favorite Pkémon in your vote, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Charizard is a pretty cool Pokémon, but massive favouritism toward KANTOOOOO and this "dragon" is putting a lot of players off lately.

It is also made fun of for how it is not part Dragon-type, while a palm tree, a blob and even an apple can be Dragon-types. I am aware Dragon-types are generally not given naturally to Starters because of how the type resists the traditional starting types of Fire, Water and Grass unless it is through a Mega Evolution.

This Pokémon can demolish a lot of opponents in Gen I because of how Slash works with the Speed stat. It is recommended if you want to have a hard walkthrough.

It works best if it has it's Mega Evolutions, as Gigantamaxing can only bring it so far, because normal Dynamaxing is generally superior, though both are banned from Smogon because of their busted side-effects.

Overall, I still admire this Pokémon, despite how overrated it is.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Out of all the Kanto starters (with the exception of Bulbasaur), Charizard is truly the only one that I love. The blatant favouritism toward it is a pain, however, I still love this fire-breathing dragon.

Last edited:

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
  • I didn't use to like Charizard for some reason! Lately I've been starting to like it more though. I think it really bothered me that it wasn't dragon typing... Like what's up with that?? Lol!

Back