• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Gym Badges?

Years
  • I don't see this here, but I think it could make a great discussion.

So, from which region is your favourite Gym Badge Set and why?
    And what Badge is your favourite? Do you like anime-only Badges?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    No designs really stuck out to me as being memorable.

I did like Jasmine's badge, if only because she gave it to me though.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Very intruiging questions.

If I can choose any badge from any canon then I would pick the Orange Island badges because they are so beautiful and have a more organic look inspired by sea shells, crystals and other treasures from the earth. My favorite is the spiked shell badge because its so distinctive. I also liked the Misty Meets her Match episode best of all the gym fights in that season.

https://flic.kr/p/2578z9p

If we're talking about just the games then I would say that the Kanto badges are the most consistent, they are each very colorful and fit the theme of the gym well. After much thought I would say my favorite is the soul badge.

Outside of the Orange Islands my top 3 badges from gens 1-6 are

Koga's Soul Badge- its so unexpected to make a ninja's symbol heart, but Koga was spiritual and graceful so I think poetic take on the art if war.

Wallace's Rain badge- I like the how the three parts come together, and one is filled with water and the other two are empty. The image is a little more complex then other water type gyms.

Valerie's Fairy Badge- it's so delicate and looks just like a pair of butterfly wings. It's perfect for her.

Back