• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Catch Combos in Pokémon Let's Go

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A second guide - this one is about the mechanics behind Catch Combos! Use this technique to get Pokemon with perfect IVs and hunt for Shinies!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm so it encourages you to spend hours at a time harvesting the same Pokemon over and over just to see if you can get a really good one with an ideal nature since I believe you can buy the services of a Fortune Teller to tailor the nature of Wild Pokemon encounters to the nature you want. So if you get good at catching Pokemon and consistently catch the same one over and over(which you'll need to do to do the mini-game in Safari Park for more Candy), then this promotes a bit of competitive play in Let's GO despite it being a streamlined version with no held items or abilities.

One wonders if this will apply to Kanto starters or Alolan variants(doubtful on the latter). In any case, it does raise a bit of an eyebrow for those competitive folk out there.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Article updated after various investigations and a re-examination of the code by Kurt found new rates. No perfect Pokemon (4 IVs for perfect at minimum), but higher shiny rate possible.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
So I don't know if it's like the universal childhood method of clicking the A button to the clicks of the pokeball to have a better chance of catching the Pokemon youre after (if that makes sense) but I have noticed a better success rate if you have pokeball plus and turn the front of it towards you...I have had terrible throws and Everytime I do it, I catch the Pokemon... coincidence? I think not lol.

Back