• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] The Mouroa Region

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hello all, before I get started, I wanted to say I am no artist, so I will not be able to draw everything that is in this region. I will in time get pictures up for the region.

8jDs1tu.jpg

The word Mouro means berry in greek. The A is added to make it fall in line with Alola and Unova which are also based in United States. This region is based on and inspired by areas in the South Eastern part of the United States.

The Mouroa Region: The Region of a Million Berries. (Work in progress)

Spoiler:

Mouroa Region with Wilderness and Royal Court Resort:
    Spoiler:

Quick Locations:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

Customs:
    Spoiler:

The Grand Berry Festival:

Spoiler:

Pokedex: (WIP) (This Pokedex will be updated once all original pokemon are finished)

Spoiler:

Important Posts:
    Plot, Characters, Events/Games and Clothing of the Mouroa Region.
    Maps, Map Pathing, Basic List of Original Pokemon, Wilderness and Royal Court Areas.
    Thanes, Berry Tokens and Timeline
    New Pre Evolutions and Evolutions.
    Original Pokemon Batch 1: Starters and Pans/Simis
    Original Pokemon Batch 2: Legends and Mythicals.
    Original Pokemon Batch 3: The Harsh Reality of Wildlife.
    Original Pokemon Batch 4: Life in the Forest
    Original Pokemon Batch 5: The Swarm
    Original Pokemon Batch 6: The Fluttering Leaf
    Original Pokemon Batch 7: Things That Go Bump In The Night
    Original Pokemon Batch 8: Fossil Pokemon
    Original Pokemon Batch 9: Dawn of Dragons
    Pseudo Legendary Pokemon Info and Total Types:
    Route Descriptions
    Forest, Lakes, and Points of Interest:
    Capitols, Cities, Towns, Village Ranches and Villages: Final post.

Last edited:

Vragon

Interesting that you made a landlocked region. That is something unique compared to other regions.

I see you've tied Unova close to it in regards to lore and history, which I like (since I'm a sucker for gen 5).

This looks interesting and nice. While I personally don't care for making regions I do enjoy seeing how are made/developed. Also your original Pokémon would be nice to see, though I would hope they aren't just designs alone, but that's just me.

All in all, interesting and curious for what you plan to do with it. Also, since its based off Florida and that area, I would be interested in how you add to lore and such.

Good luck.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Thanks. The land lock is something I have wanted to see in pokemon for a while. I don't think every region should have a beach. I think that is the main reason there are so many water type pokemon. And it is unlikely that every region in the pokemon world is next to an ocean.

As for Florida, it is actually based a little further north than that, but I may take aspects from Florida for it. I was originally going to include Florida, but I wanted the land lock. This is only the first concept of the region right now, so it may change because I personally think I have too many towns and cities. And I don't have any caves at all. Who know, I might make another region that is south of this one in the future that is based on Florida.

For the original pokemon, they will have stats, typings, and abilities, along with how to evolve them. Doubt I will be able to get pictures, but I will try to describe them. I may also make a few brand new pokemon lines that would go with the area. (I might also remove some pokemon from the pokedex. I think it is too large right now)

Before I redo the region, I will try to get a history and explanation of the Grand Berry Festival. I will also try to make a explanation and description of the ideal characters in the region that you would play as if it were a game. I don't know if I could get pictures of them though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The Mouro Dex has been updated, removing a number of pokemon form the list, including some originals. This was because I didn't think they matched this region.

Over 40 more original pokemon will be out in the coming weeks. I need to do a lot of work on those since they are completely from scratch. This includes the legendaries that are listened near the end of the Pokedex. This may change in the future. For now, please enjoy these that are finished. Note: There is no art since I can't draw, but I will attempt to explain what they should look like.

Evolutions and Pre Evolutions of Existing Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Nice, another region where the worldbuilding is moving onwards!

Before anything else, a quick thing I noticed:
    The Mouro Region is a very lush region that is southeast of the Unove Region. The land has be cultivated for many centuries. During the war of Truths and Ideals 1000 years ago, a large number of citizens of Unova retreated southeast, deep inland.
    Methinks, first idea I got for some weird reason was - Bermuda Triangle, but hey, Florida is just as nice (though I can't stop thinking of it mere south, not southeast): :p

I find the region mostly of interest because of the history behind it, and how it models their people's customs. The idea of using berries -of all things- for the symbology and semiotics of these events also leaves lot of possible room for growing (heh) things up.

May I ask, out of particular interest, what did you use to make the map? I would really like to can into maps well :p

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Nice, another region where the worldbuilding is moving onwards!

Before anything else, a quick thing I noticed:

Methinks, first idea I got for some weird reason was - Bermuda Triangle, but hey, Florida is just as nice (though I can't stop thinking of it mere south, not southeast): :p

I find the region mostly of interest because of the history behind it, and how it models their people's customs. The idea of using berries -of all things- for the symbology and semiotics of these events also leaves lot of possible room for growing (heh) things up.

May I ask, out of particular interest, what did you use to make the map? I would really like to can into maps well :p

Thanks. I will change Southeast to Southwest. That was a wording mistake on my part. Most of this was written at midnight or later, so I didn't catch it. :p

The story and regions are actually supposed to be inspired by Fairy Tales and characters inspired by Fairy Tail anime. Not sure if I got the Fairy Tales inspiration right yet. But this was mainly because all of the berries are so colorful and reminded me of Fairy Tales.

The original idea was actually supposed to be fruits because there was a rumor that said Alola Towns would be named after fruits. I was goign to use fruits, but the remembered that the only fruit that is really in pokemon are apples and so the concept of using berries... bared fruit :P

Before I explain the map, first let me say that I do have a new map coming out soon. I am trying to get a large batch of things at once so that there are not as many posts.

But back to your question, I didn't do anything special. I basically looked at a map of a state and outlined a batch of counties that formed a unique shape. I then got on Windows Paint and did some erasing to get is as clean as possible so that I could color a large amount of things at once. I then just made outlines of forests, mountains, rivers and lakes and placed them on the map with the pencil tool on Pain. My latest map will be better once I get it out. With the squares, I got a map from Bulbapedia and saved it to my pictures, outlines the square that usually indicated a city and copy and pasted it where needed. The circles I just used one of the circle tools on Paint.

The left half of the map, was all hand drawn with the pencil tool on Paint, as I decided to add it later after I had already finished the map. So nothing really special like photoshop or anything was used.

My next post will include the newest map and routes. A path chart so you know the order you would go in the region, although it would be free roam. The main characters of the region. The evil team and leaders. The Rivals. Current Plot for the region. A more organized Contests/Games list for the Festival. And hopefully all of the names and types of my original pokemon and pictures of what they are inspired by. Stats and descriptions will come at a later time.

I am also wanting to make a fuller history and back story of the region and legendary pokemon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really like the idea of a berry-centered region! Not sure if it would have a professor, but would they study how berries affect pokemon?
    I also really like the original pokemon you have so far, but in Komulu's entry, you forgot the l in normal

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really like the idea of a berry-centered region! Not sure if it would have a professor, but would they study how berries affect pokemon?
    I also really like the original pokemon you have so far, but in Komulu's entry, you forgot the l in normal

It actually has 4 professors, but that will be explained in their introduction. I need to put a lot more work into the characters before I post them. But you did bring up a good point about the berries that I also need to address.

Also thanks for telling me about the l in normal. That is now fixed. I don't know if the new ones will be as good as the ones I have already posted. With those, I had something to work off of. With the next batch, they are completely from scratch. Currently, most of them are based off of animals, but I am trying to do non animals as well. Those aren't as easy to make because they usually will remind people of other shows or other franchises.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yo everyone. Sorry I haven't gotten anything up quicker. I have has a spring time cold the last week, so it hasn't been the greatest and I wasn't ready last weak. Before I get into things. Let me first do a run down of what the people will wear.

First off, the characters you see are done in a story format. So it is like characters you would see in a story. The characters names Alex and Brook would be your players characters in the game. I plan to write a story using these characters, so that is why they are set up like they are. If you are an artist, you are welcome to draw these, I don't mind, but it would be nice if you could post them here. Ok, now on to the main course. :P

Clothing that is usually worn by men and women:

Spoiler:

Note: Times and dates may not be accurate as it can be hard to keep up with birth dates, ages and years of the characters. If something seems odd with ages, please refer to the Biographies that will be posted below. In time I hope to create a Timeline of the last 20 or so years. So it is easier to keep up with things.

Plot:
    Spoiler:

Characters:

Spoiler:

Grand Berry Festival Games and Contests 2.0:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Reactions: ZKE

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Original Pokemon: Note: Names and Origins will be posted with stats.

Spoiler:

Note: The name of the Region is now Mouroa Region to better match Unova and Alola.
    Main Region Map and Routes:
    Spoiler:

Mouroa Region Route Map: (No set path)
    Spoiler:

Mouroa Region with Royal Court:
    Spoiler:

There is not a set path to take in Mouroa Region. It is basically free roaming. I just set it up like that so people can get an idea of what order you could go in. There are some Route 40s near the start of the Starting town, this was because I accidentally forgot those routes when I was numbering all of them. I had already finished the map by the time I saw them, so I added them to the end.

Explanation of the Royal Court Areas -
    Spoiler:

Note: I am aiming to get around 20 Pokemon per batch. Once I finish the stats of pokemon, I will start working on descriptions of each route and city.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys! Finally have the next batch of pokemon ready to post. This includes the New PanMonkeys, Starters and Legends. Origins what they are based on will be posted. Name Origins will only be posted if not obvious. Most are parts of 2 words and put together.

Mouroa Region Starting Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Rise of the Cooking Monkeys:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Note: I am going to change the name of Mouro to Mouroa so it better matches Unova and Alola which are based on United States area. It should sound similar, but not quite. I think it is actually easier to say Mouroa instead of Mouro.

Hey guys. Here is Part 2 of Batch 1. Sorry it took forever to get this part up.

Legends of the Past: Unova and Alola Relations.
    Spoiler:

The Myths and Legends of the Mouroa Region Part 1: The Shield Quintet.

Spoiler:

The Myths and Legends of the Mouroa Region Part 2: The Zoi Legends: (Zoi is life in Greek)
    Spoiler:

The Myths and Legends of the Mouroa Region Part 3: Mythical Pokemon.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Thanes and Berry Tokens:
    The Thanes are a group of trainers who have proven to be extremely powerful or have been members of the Royal Court at some point. In most cases though, Thanes are trainers who have been in the Top 64 of a Festival of Berries. Royal Court members are not required to become Thanes, but they can if they want.

The Thanes are the trainers of each town or area that will give out the Berry Tokens. The only way trainers can challenge a Thane is if they are challenges by a Thane or have won an event, in which case a Thane will always battle the winner. These are usually in the form of different types of battles, but some Thanes will have other events other than battles. Most Thanes do not specialize in a certain type, instead they have a theme that could contain multiple types.

Thanes are not the only way that a trainer can receive Berry Tokens. Trainers may challenge each other in an event and gamble a certain amount of tokens, but all parties must agree on the terms of a match. A Thane or Advisor of a Thane or even a Royal Court Member will always overlook these matches. The weight of each wager much always be even. For Examples if one trainer risks 5, the other trainer must also risk 5.

It is also possible for a trainer to win back token for a friend as long is they have the same amount of tokens as their friend lost. If the challenger wins, they can give their friend their tokens back. Exmaple: If Prof. Cedar lost 10 tokens in a wager, Prof. Pine can risk 10 tokens, in order to get Prof. Cedar's tokens back, but the person who has Prof. Cedar's tokens does not have to risk any of their own.

Under certain circumstances, some wagers cannot be avoided. If a trainer comes in the bottom 25% the trainers in an event, they cannot refuse a challenge if it comes within a week of the event that they finished in the bottom 25% of. In a tournament or bracket event, the people who are knocked out in the first round of the bracket will also be unable to refuse a challenge if it comes within a week of their loss.

Trainers who have no tokens can't be challenged nor make a challenge.

Timeline:
    Spoiler:

Originally I was going to make a list of all Thanes, but it was hard to create teams and themes. So I have ditched the idea of listing all Thanes.

I will be posting stats of other pokemon soon, but I will not give a huge description like I was with Legends and Starters.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Note: I have added a new Eeveelution to the mix of the three I already had because I wanted a set number of pokemon and I was one short. I will post the pokemon here, but then I will added it to the rest of the evolutions/pre evolution for older pokemon post.

A lot of these pokemon have been modified. Some that had only 1 evolution now have 0 or 2. This was because I had an insane amount of 1 evolution pokemon lines and I wanted to even it out or at least drastically reduce the amount of pokemon with only 1 evolution. This may continue through the entire process.

I have also replaced the Ice/Dragon pokemon line for now because it did not match this region. It will return in a later region. This pokemon line was replaced by a Fairy/Ground type pokemon line, which I have not yet been able to form in my head, but I have a few ideas.

Original Pokemon Batch 3: The Harsh Reality of Wildlife.
    In the pokemon world, there is a harsh reality, some pokemon have to use other pokemon to survive. This batch is meant to capture a small part of what you would expect to see in the mountains and wildfire there.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hello everyone! After a fairly large hiatus, I wanted to make an update.

The main reason I haven't finished this is because the stats of the pokemon take a ton of time to think of and then type. With the large amount of pokemon, this can be very time consuming.

So at the risk of taking out quality to finish this, I have decided to skip the base stats. And the 'Dex Entries' This will allow me to quickly finish this up and move on to routes. The only pokemon that will have base stats are the Pseudo Lines.

Another thing that point be behind, was the news of USUM. I was waiting for more info to come out, but there was never a lot of info that came out. So without further ado, here is the next batch.

Most pokemon I will also skip the appearance on. Just visualize a combination between animals and type and you should have what the pokemon looks like. More unique pokemon, such as the pseudo pokemon will have an appearance area listed.

Original Pokemon Batch 4: Life in the Forest
    Spoiler:

As you can see, skipping stats makes this a lot easier on me. And let's face it. Not everyone cares for stats and it isn't like people are going to use these for real. It took me maybe 10 minutes to do these in this post. While if I had the stats, it would take about 30 minutes to an hour.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Original Pokemon Batch 5: The Swarm

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Original Pokemon Batch 6: The Fluttering Leaf
    Spoiler:

There will be 3 more batches coming soon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Quick Note: Pseudo Pokemon will be listed in another post so that the stats aren't throwing people off. For now I just have the total Base Stats listed and no appearance.

Original Pokemon Batch 7: Things That Go Bump In The Night

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Note: I know there is a lot of Bug, Fairy and Flying type pokemon, but that is a huge point in Mouroa since there are so many berries and stuff.

Ice type is my favorite pokemon and I hate that I haven't included many, but it doesn't really match the region well. I hope that at a later time, I can make another region west of Unova and North of Mouroa and include a lot of Ice type pokemon. Possibly more north than anything, but inspired by the great lakes.

Original Pokemon Batch 8: Fossil Pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This is the final batch of pokemon. After this, the hardest part for me will be over once I get the stats and descriptions up for the Pseudo Pokemon.

Original Pokemon Batch 9: Dawn of Dragons

Spoiler:

Back