• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Replacing the OW sprite in the world map [FR]

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2019
    According to this post here, there is a way for me to replace the OW sprite on the Fire Red world map using APE.

The problem is that I can't really follow what that post is saying... I have the headsprite I want to replace and I exported the OW sprite from the world map with UNLZ-GBA but how do I go about actually replacing it? I'm really confused about that...

One possible solution could be that I simply remove the OW sprite but I don't want to do that...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really get the question I guess.
    Have you implemented a new headsprite and it didn't change at all in game?

Or have you implemented a new headsprite and you need to change the palette that belonged to the original sprite?

If the first is the case, it means that you also need to change the pointer while implementing a sprite in unlzgba.

If the latter is the case, you need to check the palette viewer in VBA, save OBJ as paintshop palette and search for that palette in the ROM in APE.

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
    Years
  • According to this post here, there is a way for me to replace the OW sprite on the Fire Red world map using APE.

The problem is that I can't really follow what that post is saying... I have the headsprite I want to replace and I exported the OW sprite from the world map with UNLZ-GBA but how do I go about actually replacing it? I'm really confused about that...

You only use APE to replace the palette.

You can simply use NSE to replace the sprite itself. There are two (one for the male character and one for the female character). They're at:

• male: 3EF524
    • female: 3EF59C

They both use the palette at 3EF27C, like the post you linked says.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I know this is an older post, but my female sprite's palette wouldn't change, no matter what. So I did some investigating and discovered that my female sprite's palette was located at 3EF29C.

I don't know if mine is a different case or not, but that's what I found.

Back