• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hello SkyOfBlades, I have a favor lol. Can you change the hack's name font in titlescreen? I think the better font is at your signature lol. --> ☪osmicEmerald Version

Years
Hello SkyOfBlades, I have a favor lol. Can you change the hack's name font in titlescreen? I think the better font is at your signature lol. --> ☪osmicEmerald Version

I'll think about it for future updates, the font does look like a potential improvement. Though I don't know how well it would hold up when pixelated further on a GBA-style screen.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'll think about it for future updates, the font does look like a potential improvement. Though I don't know how well it would hold up when pixelated further on a GBA-style screen.

Okay, thanks man. I'll wait that future update xD.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
I love this hack! You did such an awesome job with this project! I have one major issue! I play on my 3DS with an injected CIA using the New Super Ultimate Injector. My game is always stuck in night time no matter what time of day using the in-game clock or the 3DS's clock. I'd appreciate it so much if you'd take a look! Some hacks have a functioning Day Night cycle like Conversion Emerald on 3DS. Thanks so much!

Years
I love this hack! You did such an awesome job with this project! I have one major issue! I play on my 3DS with an injected CIA using the New Super Ultimate Injector. My game is always stuck in night time no matter what time of day using the in-game clock or the 3DS's clock. I'd appreciate it so much if you'd take a look! Some hacks have a functioning Day Night cycle like Conversion Emerald on 3DS. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the kind words!

Apparently Ravendeth (creator of Conversion Emerald) used "DayAndNight tool v1.02" and I used "Day Night and Seasons". There may be something about DAN 1.02 that fixes the 3DS issue, unless Ravendeth as applied additional methods to solve it. I do not have a 3DS, so unfortunately there is no way for me to test this.

If I were to switch the day/night system in CosmicEmerald to the other one, it might cause issues with events tied to it since it's handled a bit differently in the other program (which seems to have fewer time phases as well). Battles would likely also lose their day/night effect.

When you are playing, does your in-game clock time change at all?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for the kind words!

Apparently Ravendeth (creator of Conversion Emerald) used "DayAndNight tool v1.02" and I used "Day Night and Seasons". There may be something about DAN 1.02 that fixes the 3DS issue, unless Ravendeth as applied additional methods to solve it. I do not have a 3DS, so unfortunately there is no way for me to test this.

If I were to switch the day/night system in CosmicEmerald to the other one, it might cause issues with events tied to it since it's handled a bit differently in the other program (which seems to have fewer time phases as well). Battles would likely also lose their day/night effect.

When you are playing, does your in-game clock time change at all?

Yep the clock works perfectly in game and out of game. It's simply night time all of the time. If you don't think there's anything you can do, don't worry about.. I just figured it was worth a shot to see whether or not anything could be done. Thanks man! Keep up the great work

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
This hack is really cool but I was surprised to see that there was no special physical split. I personally feel like this is sort of a no-brain implementation since the old system really makes no sense. Hitmonchan with 35 special attacks completely unable to utilize elemental punches (just a random example), It really limits what kind of Pokemon you can use in the game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Are Gym Leader rematches going to be added? And if so will it work like the original Emerald with the random call change through the PokeNav?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
To me, it doesn't matter how many nice features you add, when you don't have the PSS most pokemon are just pointless to use. It creates no real difference from playing the actual pokemon game. I understand a lot of people feel obligated to add new moves when they add the PSS. But it's not 100% necessary. Visually the hack looks cool but I don't see worth in playing it without PSS.

Last edited:
Years
This hack is really cool but I was surprised to see that there was no special physical split. I personally feel like this is sort of a no-brain implementation since the old system really makes no sense. Hitmonchan with 35 special attacks completely unable to utilize elemental punches (just a random example), It really limits what kind of Pokemon you can use in the game.

To me, it doesn't matter how many nice features you add, when you don't have the PSS most pokemon are just pointless to use. It creates no real difference from playing the actual pokemon game. I understand a lot of people feel obligated to add new moves when they add the PSS. But it's not 100% necessary. Visually the hack looks cool but I don't see worth in playing it without PSS.

@Everyone, I will attempt to include a PSS patch along with the next release as an extra. For now, it will have be added in manually.

Are Gym Leader rematches going to be added? And if so will it work like the original Emerald with the random call change through the PokeNav?

There are already Gym Leader rematches since they were in the original game, and there have been no changes to the Pok?Nav system (except now there is a way to silence calls).

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
After playing for a bit, I do have to admit there are some nice things you've done but I'm still in the mindset of no PSS is not good. I know you've said you're going to add a patch as an "extra" so I assume that means you have no intention of adding new moves or abilities?

Years
After playing for a bit, I do have to admit there are some nice things you've done but I'm still in the mindset of no PSS is not good. I know you've said you're going to add a patch as an "extra" so I assume that means you have no intention of adding new moves or abilities?

Well it wasn't really in the scope of this project, as this was supposed to be more of a remaster of the original but with more content from within the first three generations. Sort of like the game that many people wished it was back around the time it was released, what with the whole thing about going to the Moon and other secret areas, completing the whole Pok?Dex without trading, and other simple QoL improvements. The extras and add-ons are things that I wouldn't permanently add into the game because it would take away from the main idea behind why I started making it. I'm already wondering if I should turn the "infinite TMs" and the Pok?ball changes into individual patches too.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Well it wasn't really in the scope of this project, as this was supposed to be more of a remaster of the original but with more content from within the first three generations. Sort of like the game that many people wished it was back around the time it was released, what with the whole thing about going to the Moon and other secret areas, completing the whole Pok?Dex without trading, and other simple QoL improvements. The extras and add-ons are things that I wouldn't permanently add into the game because it would take away from the main idea behind why I started making it. I'm already wondering if I should turn the "infinite TMs" and the Pok?ball changes into individual patches too.

I think if you're going to think about reverting the Infinite TM's and Pokeball changes you should probably go the whole hog and have two different version, A Legacy version which is basically just Emerald but with QOL stuff, Then a "Future" version which has the newer gen features, PSS, potentially new moves and abilities if you have the time to do so.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Im having a hard time finding celebi atleast i belive thats who the gs ball is for, is it a time of day event like suicune and entei and why is there now way to read the note that came with it again

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Im having a hard time finding celebi atleast i belive thats who the gs ball is for, is it a time of day event like suicune and entei and why is there now way to read the note that came with it again

There is a location guide included with the hack which tells you the conditions you need to meet in order to obtain certain pokemon, In your case for Celebi it is: CELEBI = Mystery - After defeating the Event Lati@s and achieving 220 National Dex captures, find the mystery gift receptionist.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I understand and have used that queit frequently to aquire pokemon for my Friends but as you quoted iy doesnt state were all the note given with the gs ball, the one which disapears afterward, states is it being taken to a southern forest i checked petalburg woods, to my knowledge the only forest in the game, and i couldnt find it so im guessing i have the location wrong our its a time event thats were i need clarification because it doesn't unlock a new location at the ferry

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2018
Hi SkyOfBlades Im pretty new to romhacks, this site and the community in general, but I really wanted to tell you thanks for your great work and how much I enjoyed your romhack ! You did a really great job at balancing this hack, it really feels like an "enhanced" version of the original and I really love the little details youve put into the game, like the changing battle music while encountering pokemon from odler gens etc. really cool ideas you had ! There are a bunch of crazy romhacks that go really wild with storylines, fakemons etc. but a so well balanced "remix" of the orginal that leaves the classic feel of the game untouched, but adds little nice things without destroying the base feel of the original is rather rare to find on this level.

For someone like me, who just wants to dwell a bit in nostalgia of a classic pokemon game but deosnt want an "updated" experience with PS split, new moves or the fairy type added, this is a really perfect hack, that adds just the right things.

I also wanted to include some of my thoughts while playing through your romhack so far:

- I really digged that you raised the levels of the gym leaders teams and aqua/ magma bosses etc. but I think you could have gone a step further and made the battles even a bit more challenging, by changing some move sets or even team line ups. I think the Magma/Aqua bosses and the rival could have even needed another pokemon added to their teams, since I think the Magma/Aqua bosses only have like 3 pokemon in their teams and the rival in gen 3 is generally kinda weak.

- I wasnt a huge fan of the infinite pokeball system, but I got kinda used to it. Yet I still think this romhack would have worked perfectly fine without that change, since the balls are quite expensive, I often thought "I can just pay 1000 for a guaranteed catch with a normal pokeball ... or I could pay much more for an ultra ball that offers no difference to the outcome of the situation, but will make the whole process of catching somewhat faster", but in the end I still pay for each pokemon thats going to be caught. That kinda took all the fun and tension out of trying to catch legendaries and other pokemon, since I definitely know, I will 100 procently catch that pokemon, it will just take a while.

- infinite TMs is awesome !

-I liked that you included alot of pre gen 3 pokes before the post game, but with a much lower encounter rate, that makes catching them feel like a special event and not like encountering a tentacool in the water.

-some way to look up the EVs (or maybe even IVs) of a pokemon would have been a really useful addition.

- Not necessarily something about the hack itself, but thank you so much for including the feebas fishing spot finder, that one saved me soooo much time lol

So yeah, these are my basic thoughts atm. So far Im done with the elite 4 and have tackled the battle frontier, but havent come to fight Steven yet. Theres quite alot of post game and catching Im enjoying right now.

Btw I have some questions, that I would really like to ask you, if youd ont mind.
1) what does "Articuno = Defeat Lati@s, activate by healing at any pokemon center" mean ? I caught the event Latias from the Eon ticket, does that mean that Articuno is already roaming around ?
2) did you change the general encounter rate for shinys ? Because I just caught a shiny geodude and dont know If the odds of encountering a shiny have been raised, or If I should shit my pants lol.
3) if a pokemon gets exp from catching a pokemon, does it get also the EVs or only the exp ?

Thx in advance and keep up the great work, I will look forward to your future projects and updates.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Few questions here
-Is there any way to get more evolutionary stone other than shards? (Not plasma stone)
-How do I use GS ball? Do I have to complete Suicune, Raikou, Entei quest first?

Years
I understand and have used that queit frequently to aquire pokemon for my Friends but as you quoted iy doesnt state were all the note given with the gs ball, the one which disapears afterward, states is it being taken to a southern forest i checked petalburg woods, to my knowledge the only forest in the game, and i couldnt find it so im guessing i have the location wrong our its a time event thats were i need clarification because it doesn't unlock a new location at the ferry

Hi Averythehuntsman, the forest mentioned in the note is somewhere you will have already recently been at that point.
Hint: It's a location only available during the post-game.

-Snipped-
Pokepro22, thank you for all the kind words and I am glad that you are enjoying the game so far.

I will indeed change up some movesets and add Pok?mon to the line-ups you mentioned (and maybe more), that is a great idea. It would help break the monotony a bit further so that it doesn't feel too close to a simple replay of the original. Thank you for this suggestion!

I definitely agree about the Infinite Pok?balls, and I'll just make it optional like I mentioned earlier on. To be honest I've been having second thoughts about that feature too, and understand what you mean concerning the higher-level Pok?balls like Ultra. It does sort of kill the old-school feel. I'll also make Infinite TMs optional too though. In fact, I now plan to make many more customization patches so everyone can fine-tune the game style to their liking.

An EV and IV checking Key Item is set for the next release and is successfully working. Only thing I need to do with it now is find a good way to make it available in-game that would make sense, and give it a suitable name and sprite image.

It's amazing that there is a tool like the Feebas finder out there, though with how hard it is to get Feebas I'm surprised this program is so obscure and unmentioned out there. I do hope to eventually find a more practical (but still not that easy) way to make Feebas available in-game.

For your questions:

1) The Lati@s I meant there was the roaming one that gets released when the post-game begins, I'll have to remember to specify it in the guide. Basically catch/faint the roaming one and then heal at any PKMN Center and the Bird Trio cycle will start.

2) Nope, I didn't make any changes to the Shiny rate other than for Mew, Rayquaza and Jirachi. Congratulations on getting that Geodude!

Coincidentally, last time I played through LeafGreen I actually found a Shiny Geodude in Cerulean Cave using Rock Smash. Though, I did make a save-state before trying to catch it since I just knew it was going to use Selfdestruct (I swear they must be biased towards it). If I was playing on a cartridge, I'm pretty sure I would have lost my chance to catch it unless I had used up the MasterBall.

3) I'm actually not sure about that, though my guess would be that it will still work since the EXP amount is determined by what you encountered and is pulled during some kind of code routine. It likely pulls EV information during that routine as well, but again it would need testing to be sure.

Few questions here
-Is there any way to get more evolutionary stone other than shards? (Not plasma stone)
-How do I use GS ball? Do I have to complete Suicune, Raikou, Entei quest first?

From what I can remember right now, there are some Pok?mon out there that are holding Shards and you can use Thief to get them; though I do know you can get Sun/Moon Stones from Solrock and Lunatone respectively. There is also now one more location to find Moon Stones (you all can probably guess where). Other than that I don't know of other methods, but I did make it so that Raikou, Entei and Suicune are each holding Stones matching their types. If anyone out there is wondering what happened to the Thunderstone in New Mauville, it's like Raikou picked it up first basically; or more accurately, was the Thunderstone. I bet that could even explain storywise how it got there in the first place.

For the GS Ball, all you have to do is go to the proper location and interact with the event there. The item itself doesn't need to be used from the Bag, and there's no need to deal with the Legendary Beasts on this one.

Last edited:
Back