• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Days
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Continuing the grind and it's been so much fun!!! Found Raikou and have been checking for Entei about every half hour since noon and no dice. How large is the window for him (and suicune) to appear on the map? Thanks again :)

Years
Continuing the grind and it's been so much fun!!! Found Raikou and have been checking for Entei about every half hour since noon and no dice. How large is the window for him (and suicune) to appear on the map? Thanks again :)

For Entei, it should appear when you walk towards the upper-right section of Mt. Chimney as long as it's 'late afternoon', or as long as outdoor areas have a kind of deep orange/red tint. Suicune shows up on Route 123 when the screen is a light purple/pink, or during twilight. There's a post above I made a while back that has more detailed info, I'll link it here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10612316#post10612316

Days
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I love your work and have been grinding for 4 days straight. Let me know if you have any other masterpiece. I have 1 question tho, is it possible to get both the fossil in this mod?

Years
I love your work and have been grinding for 4 days straight. Let me know if you have any other masterpiece. I have 1 question tho, is it possible to get both the fossil in this mod?
Thank you! Yes, you can get both of them (Root and Claw Fossil) the same way as in normal Emerald. Though if you're talking about Omanyte and Kabuto's fossils, those are not available but those two Pokémon can be found at Faraway Island.

Days
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Thanks for your reply, I only have 2 pokemons left, Jiraichi and Lapras. Pretty sure I have to wait till Monday to catch both of them. Thanks a lot for the game. Love from Vietnam

Days
  • Seen today
Hi, it's been a week since i bought the cartridge. I have started the adventure but I don't see it changing overnight. do you know anything about it? Thanks.

Attachments

• 17131025597858610637090630300676.jpg
    17131025597858610637090630300676.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Years
Hi, it's been a week since i bought the cartridge. I have started the adventure but I don't see it changing overnight. do you know anything about it? Thanks.
I think this is a result of whoever sold my hack (despite me saying not to, in flashy red letters, on the first screen in the game), not understanding how these games work. That cartridge apparently doesn't have the real-time clock built in, probably because it would cost the seller a bit more of their undeserved profit. Also looks like the seller couldn't even be bothered to spell the game's name correctly, or not falsely advertise a Pokémon variant that isn't even in the game.

Not trying to blame you specifically, but this is best played on an emulator or a cartridge that has a built in clock system. I'd recommend returning that piece of garbage and getting your money back if you can. Most of the best features in the game depend on the clock system, so you'd be missing out.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
I think this is a result of whoever sold my hack (despite me saying not to, in flashy red letters, on the first screen in the game), not understanding how these games work. That cartridge apparently doesn't have the real-time clock built in, probably because it would cost the seller a bit more of their undeserved profit. Also looks like the seller couldn't even be bothered to spell the game's name correctly, or not falsely advertise a Pokémon variant that isn't even in the game.

Not trying to blame you specifically, but this is best played on an emulator or a cartridge that has a built in clock system. I'd recommend returning that piece of garbage and getting your money back if you can. Most of the best features in the game depend on the clock system, so you'd be missing out.

Days
  • Seen today
so there is no commercial cartridge with the cosmic emerald for the original gba sp? because I like the traditional way of playing from the console and not from the computer. if you know any way please write me

Days
  • Seen today

You know something about this cartridge?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-20-42-47-342_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-20-42-47-342_com.android.chrome.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1
Years
You know something about this cartridge?
I don't know the exact process these sellers are using to get the game on the cartridges, but one aspect I'm sure won't work is the folder system of patches I've included. The download on the main post of this thread is a '.ZIP' folder, which includes not just the patch of the game itself but all sorts of customizations, additional features, and even a guide. It's likely too much work for the sellers to make that an easy process for the consumers. I was really hoping it wouldn't get sold like this, especially when the site in question provides the bare minimum description about the game. That leads to the game just being written off as badly made without getting a fair chance, since features simply won't work. I have to admit though that the art for that box and cartridge are neat looking.

If you want CosmicEmerald on a cartridge, the best thing to do is to buy something like an "Everdrive", specifically one with the features this game needs. I did a bit of searching and it looks like this is probably the best option: https://hackinformer.com/2022/09/28/hardware-review-everdrive-gba-mini-from-krikzz/

One problem you might run into is though the need to manually patch and reupload the game to the cartridge whenever you want to make changes. That and apparently it's not really optimized for GBC games (if you want to play those), and runs them more like a typical emulator instead. It's great for GBA games (except for stuff that needs an accelerometer or other niche stuff besides RTC).

I don't use those (I just play on an Anbernic RG351 right now), so I wouldn't be good tech support for it. It also does look kind of pricey but from what I understand you can load multiple games on it at once.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
I don't know the exact process these sellers are using to get the game on the cartridges, but one aspect I'm sure won't work is the folder system of patches I've included. The download on the main post of this thread is a '.ZIP' folder, which includes not just the patch of the game itself but all sorts of customizations, additional features, and even a guide. It's likely too much work for the sellers to make that an easy process for the consumers. I was really hoping it wouldn't get sold like this, especially when the site in question provides the bare minimum description about the game. That leads to the game just being written off as badly made without getting a fair chance, since features simply won't work. I have to admit though that the art for that box and cartridge are neat looking.

If you want CosmicEmerald on a cartridge, the best thing to do is to buy something like an "Everdrive", specifically one with the features this game needs. I did a bit of searching and it looks like this is probably the best option: https://hackinformer.com/2022/09/28/hardware-review-everdrive-gba-mini-from-krikzz/

One problem you might run into is though the need to manually patch and reupload the game to the cartridge whenever you want to make changes. That and apparently it's not really optimized for GBC games (if you want to play those), and runs them more like a typical emulator instead. It's great for GBA games (except for stuff that needs an accelerometer or other niche stuff besides RTC).

I don't use those (I just play on an Anbernic RG351 right now), so I wouldn't be good tech support for it. It also does look kind of pricey but from what I understand you can load multiple games on it at once.
Good morning, I also looked for possible solutions for this and also read about what type of cartridge is best, also Youtubers for example recommend this cartridge. https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition/ as it also has real time ,so I'll probably buy it and try it! Na yeah.. about this cartridge however, I am completely disappointed with the card I received. on the map it's very hard to find Pokemon from Kanto and Johto about 1/40 chance I've collected 195 in dex and only in Southern Island I managed. Steve was defeated 2 times for the aurora ticket, as well as the Old map with the +180 N dex. Lapras and Snorlax haven't appeared.. for Raiquaza I tried about 300 times for shiny unfortunately nothing.. probably because I don't have the right clock I don't remember what day I started the cartridge anyway the clock runs in real time but only as long as you play..basically i have 35 hours of game play that is a day and something...so it's really hard i think..anyway..i don't think i will continue to play it..i will try to fulfill my taste with this kind of flash hack and if it doesn't work then I will wait until something good is found... 2000's was the last time I had played, then I liked sapphire as a kid I didn't know the possibilities of Emerald as with the help of friends who had gone in emerald and firered events i managed to complete Dex after almost 1000 hours of play.. now i'm 29 after some shopping on ali express i got ads for gba sp raiquaza cover, new screen etc.. and i was really excited.. so I also learned about cartridge hacks little by little... and I say after all these years I will try to make my dream come true i.e. the whole Pokédex and a shiny Raiquaza in emerald the fact day and night made me start again from the beginning.. I know and for other hacks but in my opinion the original pokemon the beautiful ones with very good sounds were until the 3rd and fourth generation..that's why I don't want any contact with pokemon from the next generations..thank you anyway!

Years
Good morning, I also looked for possible solutions for this and also read about what type of cartridge is best, also Youtubers for example recommend this cartridge. https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition/ as it also has real time ,so I'll probably buy it and try it! Na yeah.. about this cartridge however, I am completely disappointed with the card I received. on the map it's very hard to find Pokemon from Kanto and Johto about 1/40 chance I've collected 195 in dex and only in Southern Island I managed. Steve was defeated 2 times for the aurora ticket, as well as the Old map with the +180 N dex. Lapras and Snorlax haven't appeared.. for Raiquaza I tried about 300 times for shiny unfortunately nothing.. probably because I don't have the right clock I don't remember what day I started the cartridge anyway the clock runs in real time but only as long as you play..basically i have 35 hours of game play that is a day and something...so it's really hard i think..anyway..i don't think i will continue to play it..i will try to fulfill my taste with this kind of flash hack and if it doesn't work then I will wait until something good is found... 2000's was the last time I had played, then I liked sapphire as a kid I didn't know the possibilities of Emerald as with the help of friends who had gone in emerald and firered events i managed to complete Dex after almost 1000 hours of play.. now i'm 29 after some shopping on ali express i got ads for gba sp raiquaza cover, new screen etc.. and i was really excited.. so I also learned about cartridge hacks little by little... and I say after all these years I will try to make my dream come true i.e. the whole Pokédex and a shiny Raiquaza in emerald the fact day and night made me start again from the beginning.. I know and for other hacks but in my opinion the original pokemon the beautiful ones with very good sounds were until the 3rd and fourth generation..that's why I don't want any contact with pokemon from the next generations..thank you anyway!
I really admire your dedication to the games, it's similar to how I feel about them and also why I got into ROM hacking and still play even today. I hope everything goes the way you are aiming for!

The chance for shiny Rayquaza is supposed to be 1/200 in CosmicEmerald, though I can't quite remember if it's that exact number. It shouldn't depend on the clock, it sounds like you had bad luck there.

In a way though, I'm thinking that accurate emulation really is the way to go overall for games that use a clock. When playing it in ROM format and with a clock system that doesn't rely on a physical battery, you could continue to enjoy time-based events indefinitely. From what I understand as of now, the cartridges always eventually need a battery change to continue to keep track of time, and on top of that you'd need to reset your save file from the beginning each time it's replaced (at least what I saw from multiple sources). With good emulation devices that have a clock (such as a PC, or an RG351P/M as just a couple of examples), you never have to worry about that. You can also much more easily back up your save files. Granted, I really do like the cartridge approach, and if I didn't have to worry about the time-based events not working, I'd go for that instead. It does indeed feel more authentic playing on cartridges, and the art and boxes add greatly to the experience.

If you go the cartridge route, I think a great idea would be to get a device that will let you back up your saves to another device so you don't have to lose all your work every time the battery needs changing. It would at least let you keep your old progress archived somewhere when you do start over again. I personally went with the GBxCart RW. I don't know if it carries over the state of your clock, but it perfectly copied my old LeafGreen save file from my cartridge to my laptop. Even lets you backup the game itself if you wanted to do that.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen today
I really admire your dedication to the games, it's similar to how I feel about them and also why I got into ROM hacking and still play even today. I hope everything goes the way you are aiming for!

The chance for shiny Rayquaza is supposed to be 1/200 in CosmicEmerald, though I can't quite remember if it's that exact number. It shouldn't depend on the clock, it sounds like you had bad luck there.

In a way though, I'm thinking that accurate emulation really is the way to go overall for games that use a clock. When playing it in ROM format and with a clock system that doesn't rely on a physical battery, you could continue to enjoy time-based events indefinitely. From what I understand as of now, the cartridges always eventually need a battery change to continue to keep track of time, and on top of that you'd need to reset your save file from the beginning each time it's replaced (at least what I saw from multiple sources). With good emulation devices that have a clock (such as a PC, or an RG351P/M as just a couple of examples), you never have to worry about that. You can also much more easily back up your save files. Granted, I really do like the cartridge approach, and if I didn't have to worry about the time-based events not working, I'd go for that instead. It does indeed feel more authentic playing on cartridges, and the art and boxes add greatly to the experience.

If you go the cartridge route, I think a great idea would be to get a device that will let you back up your saves to another device so you don't have to lose all your work every time the battery needs changing. It would at least let you keep your old progress archived somewhere when you do start over again. I personally went with the GBxCart RW. I don't know if it carries over the state of your clock, but it perfectly copied my old LeafGreen save file from my cartridge to my laptop. Even lets you backup the game itself if you wanted to do that.
😀😀😀😀 that's sounds good!!! I will also try it!

Back