• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Card Conditions

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
So your all wanting to be a good Pokemon trainer, Collector, Master?
Well first you'll have to check this out!

This could dramatically decrease your price of your card your going to sell!
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!

Lets go through the conditions 1 by 1:

Poor:

Condition9.jpg

Poor is a very negative condition, Usually the stores will either:
1. Refuse to buy it off you,
2. Pay Very Little Price,
If your in poor condition, Better luck next time! You'll have to find a rare person that still might not even wan't to buy your card. Sorry, But maybe you need some card sleeves.

Good:

Condition6.jpg

The card is in a not good, but okay condition. Sometimes buyers will buy or refuse, It's hard to say. Again you should keep your useful/rich cards in a sleeve or binder.

Fine:

Condition5.jpg

Your in a better condition than great, Still not the best but is a 50% chance they might take it off your hand. Usually prices decrease by not even 75 cents in the "fine" condition.

Near Mint:

Condition2.jpg

You have a very high chance of getting someone or a shop to buy your card. The chances are 75% they will likely buy your card. If they do not, Than it could be a matter of fact that the store is just stupid, Or possibly are greedy and want it in mint.

Mint:

Condition1.jpg

Mint. The best condition you could possibly get. The chances are of them to buy your card is a whopping 99% chance to buy your card! If you have a mint card, Than you are lucky. Most people do not have card sleeves or binders to keep their cards in. Therefore you get the sleeves and you are lucky! Near mint is very close to mint but if you look at it closely, It's not very much the same.

If you have any questions regarding info on this post or any other card condition questions, Feel free to ask me!

Thank you!

Years
That good grading seems to contradict itself. :P

Nice to have an easy to access place to refer people to when they want to check their card conditions now, though.

The only thing is, that 99% chance of buying doesn't apply to the Pokemon TCG for mint condition cards because most shops don't deal in Pokemon anymore. :'(

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
That good grading seems to contradict itself. :P

Nice to have an easy to access place to refer people to when they want to check their card conditions now, though.

The only thing is, that 99% chance of buying doesn't apply to the Pokemon TCG for mint condition cards because most shops don't deal in Pokemon anymore. :'(

Really? Where I live there's a shop called J & J's and they're a collectible store. Are you sure some collectors and some certain stores won't take it?
Are you sure there could be a possibility of some stores taking them?

Years
Really? Where I live there's a shop called J & J's and they're a collectible store. Are you sure some collectors and some certain stores won't take it?
Are you sure there could be a possibility of some stores taking them?

Out of 15 collectibles stores and hobby shops I know of in my area, only 1 reportedly buys and sells in them (that one being one of 4 I haven't checked out in person yet). A few others I've visited sell singles, but they don't buy them. It's just been that way for a while, since YGO and MTG are much more popular in hobby shops around here. And my area's a metropolitan area of 3.5 million people, not small at all. There are some individual dealers around, but you have to arrange times to meet them, and there schedules usually aren't very open.

They probably stopped buying since so many people my age that had kept theirs to sell later were actually trying to get rid of them in person, and there was no one who was buying them. I've talked to several others who live elsewhere in the US, and most of the shops near them don't deal in them, either.

Pokemon may be #1 in sales, but it's #3 at hobby shops in terms of sales, and other less well known TCGs are catching up fast. Most of its sales come from department stores like Wal-Mart and Target.

Anyway, that's enough going off-topic here.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
Out of 15 collectibles stores and hobby shops I know of in my area, only 1 reportedly buys and sells in them (that one being one of 4 I haven't checked out in person yet). A few others I've visited sell singles, but they don't buy them. It's just been that way for a while, since YGO and MTG are much more popular in hobby shops around here. And my area's a metropolitan area of 3.5 million people, not small at all. There are some individual dealers around, but you have to arrange times to meet them, and there schedules usually aren't very open.

They probably stopped buying since so many people my age that had kept theirs to sell later were actually trying to get rid of them in person, and there was no one who was buying them. I've talked to several others who live elsewhere in the US, and most of the shops near them don't deal in them, either.

Pokemon may be #1 in sales, but it's #3 at hobby shops in terms of sales, and other less well known TCGs are catching up fast. Most of its sales come from department stores like Wal-Mart and Target.

Anyway, that's enough going off-topic here.

Sorry I sort of slipped going off topic. I'm sorry D:

Back