• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] Unbound Quest Menu

PSF

fangame developer
Years
  • [Pokeemerald] Unbound Quest Menu

181390831-38777fa0-9e02-47a6-b205-847f3d777ee8.png

178155255-16fa5351-8707-4f80-902e-f74801505cc1.png

This is a recreation of Unbound's Quest Menu to use in decomp projects. ghoulslash's Quest Menu was used as a base and was modified to mimic Unbound's variant.
    Thank you very much to Skeli, ghoulslash, HN, Karathan, Mcboy, Greenphx, BSBob, & MM, who all contributed to this project in some way.

Features
    Documentation
    The full documentation can be found on Github. The documentation covers:
    Installation
    git merge (recommended)
    These instructions assume that you are able to build pokeemerald, have a basic understanding of C, and are familiar with using the ingame scripting language. If you do not, please watch the tutorial series from Team Aqua's Hideout.
    From the root directory of your project, run the following commands in your terminal program of choice:
    Code:
    git remote add psf https://github.com/PokemonSanFran/pokeemerald/ # This adds our team's pokeemerald branch as a remote repo.
    git pull psf unbound-quest-menu #This pulls in the unbound-quest-menu feature branch

Manual merge
    If your project is:
    • Too far behind pokeemerald
    • Using a different base (pokeemerald-expansion or pokefirered)
    • Some other reason that I can't think of
    You can manually implement the features using the diff between this branch and vanilla pokeemerald as a guide. You will need to manually edit or create each of these files in your own project to properly recreate the feature.

Contributors
    Skeli#3917
    • Developed the original Unbound menu
    • Provided a variant of the current background
    • Provided an implementation of fading text
    • Suggested ways to reduce the size of quests on saveblock2
    ghoulslash#3839
    • Developed the original Quest Menu
    • Helped debug adding a new macro to vanilla
    • Helped debug object priority for sprite creation
    • Provided bitwise operation for removing quest status
    HN (PSF Developer)
    • A lot of these aren't written down because we meet in voice calls, but HN was absolutely instrumental in getting this working.
    Karathan#1337
    • Explained printing encoded strings via MgbaPrintf
    • Suggested ways to allocate memory for prepending/append of the quest name
    • Helped debug adding the UI background and palette
    MCboy#0891
    • Helped debug and refactor implementation of fading text
    • Suggested ways to fix the object fading issue
    Greenphx#5428 / MGriffin#3997 /Deokishisu#3251
    BSBob#4144
    • Provided implementation for prepend/append of the quest name
    MM (PSF Developer)
    • Pointed out that the W stood for Wumbo.
    • Proofread this documentation
    Raymie Humbert
    • Designed the banner header

Last edited:
    Years
  • I absolutely LOVE Unbound's Quests menu and this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for my pokeemerald hack!
    Thank you for your AMAZING contribution, PSF! (And other contributors who's helped him out on this project branch as well!)
    (also sorry if this sounds stupid nor I mispelled something. Too excited for this lil' feature, hehe)

PSF

fangame developer
    Years
  • Aaand 1.1.1 is out.

There was a rebase on the last set of commits that did not go as intended, and this wasn't noticed until several hours later. This will, unfortunately, mess up the history of the people that pulled in the 11-hour window. My sincerest apologies about that.

Back