• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Noob Deck (Phsyic\Fire)

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Well i am new to playing this game and mostly stick to MTG but my little cousin wanted me to play against him so...here i am trying to design a good deck so when im stuck going to events with him at least i won't get ripped apart! Any Comments & Suggestions would be more then welcome since i honestly have only a small idea of what i am doing. I have also marked the cards own so far!

Modified Format *updated*

Basic Pokemon-10
    -------------
    3 Venipede[have]
    3 Gothita [have]
    2 Jirachi [HS-Unleashed]
    2 Reshiram

Stage 1-6
    --------
    3 Whirlipede [have]
    3 Gothorita [have]

Stage 2-6
    ---------
    3 Scolipede [have]
    3 Gothitelle [Magic Room] [have]

Trainers-18
    --------
    2 Cheren [have]
    2 Energy Retriveal [have]
    2 Professor Oak's New Theory
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Great Ball [have]
    2 Pokemon Communication [have]
    2 Pokémon Collector
    2 Pokémon Catcher

Energys-20
    -------
    6 Fire Energy [have]
    12 Psychic Energy [have]
    2 Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
    Years
  • That deck looks like fun, but I recommend using 1 more each of Scolipede and Gothitelle instead of the Dragonite line, since the tournament legal versions of the Dragonite family are kinda energy intensive with their attacks, and having 3 Stage 2 lines in a family will make your deck too slow and it will get completely destroyed. Also, get a couple more Reshiram and use the Jirachi from HS Unleashed. And you might want to get your hands on Pokemon Collector or Professor Elm's Training Method.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    That deck looks like fun, but I recommend using 1 more each of Scolipede and Gothitelle instead of the Dragonite line, since the tournament legal versions of the Dragonite family are kinda energy intensive with their attacks, and having 3 Stage 2 lines in a family will make your deck too slow and it will get completely destroyed. Also, get a couple more Reshiram and use the Jirachi from HS Unleashed. And you might want to get your hands on Pokemon Collector or Professor Elm's Training Method.

Good plan! I had 2 extra card spots left so i am thinking maybe Victini or do you have any better suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Ah ok....ill drop the 2 victini for 2 of some trainer...any suggstions? and maybe bump it down to 2 Reshi's? then i have 4 slots open for ???

Years
  • Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Catcher. You won't really need the Energy Searches, so replace that with something like Judge or Copycat or Professor Oak's New Theory. Heck, I'd even consider Interviewer's Questions.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Though it's not necessary, I would say you should probably switch out Reshiram for Zekrom with a deck build like this because it will help you out more with all of the Yanmega going around. A few DCE's might not be so bad either because they can be used for Reshi/Zek counterattacks as well as Jirachi's time hollow.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Though it's not necessary, I would say you should probably switch out Reshiram for Zekrom with a deck build like this because it will help you out more with all of the Yanmega going around. A few DCE's might not be so bad either because they can be used for Reshi/Zek counterattacks as well as Jirachi's time hollow.

Thing is i already have one Reshiram and think he looks a bit cooler lol! Also whats DCE?????

Oh and i see lots of steel\dark type pokemon locally.......from the few times i have watched people.

Years
  • DCE is a common acronym in the Pokemon TCG community for Double Colorless Energy. It's in a couple different sets.

Reshiram would be better for the Steel decks, but if you go to a tournament you might see a couple Yanmega decks (they use Yanmega Prime, which has a weakness to Lightning), so maybe consider Zekrom if you go to a tournament.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    DCE is a common acronym in the Pokemon TCG community for Double Colorless Energy. It's in a couple different sets.

Reshiram would be better for the Steel decks, but if you go to a tournament you might see a couple Yanmega decks (they use Yanmega Prime, which has a weakness to Lightning), so maybe consider Zekrom if you go to a tournament.

Ah ok i can get a pair of zekroms pretty easy if need be....Anyhow other then that the deck look good? or do i need to take somthing out for DCE?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    No guarantees it'll win, of course. Player experience has a big hand in that.

Ya but as long as its solid i will be fine i can finish in the top 5 out of 30 -40 people playing magic pretty easy with out even trying ;)

Years
  • Well with Pokemon it might be a little different story since there are a couple very good decks running rampant right now, and a lot of people are playing them. If you know Pokemon well enough you can beat a newbie who's running one of the popular decks, of course. ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Ya lol at any rate my Gothitelle hould be able to 1 hit most things if i get enough energy on her!

Back