• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Trainer Path-Scarlet's Journey

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
  • On The Trainer Path-Scarlet's Journey

:pokeball:This story is about a 11 year old girl, Scarlet Sanders,who was held back on her 10th b-day because her mother was against her becoming a pkmn trainer, because of her father,who left 6 years ago, on a quest to complete his pok?mon journey....Rated PG or G.I don't know...there will be a few kisses in the future...Maybe that'd be PG.
    Oh yeah,and this takes place in my imaginary region-the Criptic region which has a bit of pok?mon from each "real" region.So don't be suprised if the starter pokemon are Evee,Mudkip and Pichu.Kay?:pokeball:

I was held back.My mother didn't want me to start my Pok?mon journey on my 10th birthday.I asked her as we ate brekfast on that day."No!" the simple, yet horrible,anwser was given to me as Mom served pancakes with cinnamon, my favorite fav food of all time back then...the food I expected to be sweet and delicous, tasted somewhat bitter and cold after I heard that dreaded single word.

She did give me a birthday celabration that day, but after the party lights had dimmed, crumbs of chocolate cake left on every plate and presents unwrapped, she chided me, gave lectures and told me that I was lucky that I was safe at home, rather, than being on the so called "dangerous" path of a trainer.Everytime I asked her why not,she told me the same thing: "No.Your father left 5 years ago to finish up his pok?mon journey,and he never came back." and I always anwsered "Dad didn't come back-not yet at least.He's finishing up his travels." That allways earned me a small glare.

And she held me back that year, became overprotective and watched me like a sharp eyed bird Pok?mon every day.Social life? Nix, nada, I didn't really have one.Exept for my best friend,Kerri Parks,I didn't have too many friends.

Kerri's birthday.A month ago.
    She turned 11.Last year, she told her mom and dad that she would start her pok?mon journey when I did.I was afraid that she'd never get to,because of me...

Now here it was again.My birthday.The day I turned eleven.
    As soon as I woke up, I realizized it was this day.And as I got ready for the day, I dressed into my jean capri pants, lime green tanktop, a pair of matching lime socks, and combed my waist lenth wavy "dirty"blonde hair, as I washed my face and looked into the mirror on my bedroom wall,into my lavender-ish eyes,some thing stopped me.My eyes.They looked like...something was missing.And I then knew what it was.Exploring.Pok?mon.Fun.The life of a trainer.I knew what I had to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • I'm back!!!:D
    Italics=Scarlet's thoughts
    :cheeky: Okay...here we go...Hope you enjoy! :)
    ---------------------------------------
    That moment one thought raced through my head:GO.NOW.POKEMON JOURNEY.
    I ran to the bedroom door which was wide open and quietly closed it.Then, since there was no lock on the door, I pushed the purple chair next to my bed against the door.Just for security... I thought. I raced to my closet and pulled the doorknob.Okay.I said making a mental list in my head. Socks, t-shirts, jeans....The sun was fully up now,and Swellows outside were starting to chirp.A bead of sweat ran down my forhead as I heaved the clothes pile into my neon yellow backpack.Just a couple more things...I panted to myself. I walked over to my dresser.I pushed aside the various gum wrappers, hairclips and other tiny trinkets that were there.In the midst of of that, lay a crumpled picture.

It was the one were my parents and I were at a small carnival in...were was it?...I couldn't quite place it.It showed me, as a little 5 year old girl, in my father's arms, eating cotton candy.My mom stood beside us, laughing,seeing that I had a bit of cotton candy fluff on my nose.She looked...happy...sure she is happy now,but it seems so....

I shook my head, raced over to my bulging backpack and stuffed the small photo along with my hairbrush in.
    "Scarlet!Are you in there?" my mom's voice floated in through the closed door.
    Oh no...
    I heaved the backpack up onto my shoulders, then ran to my desk and grabbed a piece of stationary from a small wooden box labeled STATIONARY. I reached into another box next to the first one, and pulled out a purple pencil.I began scribbling a quick note:

Dear Mom,
    By the time you read this, I'll be gone.
    Were?
    On my pokemon journey.
    I'm sorry,but this

I stopped writing and search my void of a mind for the next thing to write.Oh!Got it!

seems to be my destiny to travel with pok?mon.To be a trainer, like Dad.
    I'm going to explore the Criptic region.
    Don't worry about me.I think I might travel with Kerri.
    I'll come visit,after I explore Criptic.Then I'll explore a new region,maybe Hoenn.
    I love you.If you get mad that I've left,please Mom,remember that.

Love,Scarlet

There.Done.Owwww, papercut.My finger started to bleed slightly.I laid the note onto my desk were mom would find it."Scarlet?!?!?" Mom pounded on the door.

I bit my lip.Panic surged through me.I raced to the window next to my bed and opened it.The huge elm tree beside my bedroom window came into view,its long branches beconing to me, waving in the breeze.I started to climb out the window a thought hit me: was I forgeting something?

Yes.The necklace! The pok?ball on the simple gold chain that my father gave to me after the carnival!! I climbed back through the window and ran to the bed.I flopped onto my bed,tossed a few pillows aside....got it!I hastly put on the necklace,my hands shaking.
    ClIcK!
    After it was in place I rushed to the window, climbed out onto the tree, onto a branch, down,down...
    There. My feet were securly on the ground.Upstairs I heard Mom finally get into my room....giving out a shrill little cry of....anger,dissapointment? The saying "You always hurt the ones you love" made crystal clear sense to me now...I began running to Kerri's house,not daring to look back....

----------------------------
    That was exausting!*huffs n puffs*It took me 15 minutes to get this down! :knockedou
    ^_^;
    Maybe I'll write more later.
    And also KEEP THE COMMENTS coming! :cheeky: I like hearing what things people think about this fanfic.:)

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Yay,some very nice people responded!!!^_^ Very well,as I promised......
    I'm still working on it.I'll edit it into my post as soon as posible though....
    Okay done!:D
    -----------------------------------
    DiNg DoNg! The door opened."Scarlet?!?" Kerri stood out on her doorstep of the Parks' house,still in her red Teddiursa pjs, fuzzy pink slippers, green eyes exausted and sleeping looking, tangeled red hair moving gently in the breeze, like it had a life of it's own and all.
    I tried to awnser, but my heart just seemed to stop at that moment,and my vocal cords didn't seem to be working.A strange little sound came out of my mouth.When I didn't respond, my best friend inquired: "What happened to you?"A pause, a silence, then fed up with my quietness, Kerri dragged me into her house.She dragged me all the way to her living room,then Kerri ushered me to sit down.I sat on the orange family sofa.Kerri looked at me with a look of pure concern and whispered "I'll be right back;I have to get dressed.And be careful to not make any noise,my parents are still sleeping." With that she silently raced up the stairs.I was truly amazed at how she could make such little noise,while doing the thing I made so much noise with.And I was amazed that I had such a interesting friend.

Kerri Parks had always been my best friend, ever since a eventful day at the park.

On that day, I was happily playing on the swings blissfully not knowing what event was going to occur, cooing and laughing gleefuly. Suddenly from out of almost nowhere,a messy haired boy came up to me. He looked about eight, and I was only a tiny 6 year old.He started teasing me, bugging me, with a playful, yet mean smile on his face. The bully wanted me to get off the swings so he could play on the swing. The other one was broken, so there was a small line of 6 and 5 year olds, a foot away from the usable swing. Of course most those other kids had at least one or two Pok?mon (thier parent's no doubt) "pok?-sitting" them,so no bigger kid bothered them. Plus all those boys and girls in the line were well aquainted with each other, so even if a girl or guy didn't have a Pok?mon with them, their friend's Pok?mon protected them as well. "Come on girlie,gimme the swing.I want it." I looked at him and at the line of waiting kids and lied "My Mommy's Pok?mon is right over there behind that tree.It's tough and will beat you up.Go away!"

But at the time,sadly, I didn't have my own little "body guard" so the older kid found out a few minutes later, by running over to see my Mom's "Pok?mon".Then,seeing no Pok?mon beyond the tree, steaming mad, he rushed back over.He gave me a glare and then before I knew it...Umphh!I lay in the dirt, on my back below the swing,not relizing what had happened.The guy was sitting in the swing were I had just sat a few seconds ago.
    I started to cry, a torrent of tears issuing from my eyes, blinding me temporarly.The boy started laughing and jeering at me.I opened my eyes.I fainted (a wierd thing for a little girl at that age to do).

The last thing I saw and heard,was a girl,about my age who had long, red,curly hair, alarming green eyes, coming to my defense and kicking the bully's shin,which caused him to leap off the swing in pain, howling, and running off.
    When I woke up a few minutes later,I saw a pair of deep green eyes staring at me.I jumped up onto my feet in fear.But then I saw it was the girl that had "rescued" me.After the sweetly asked "Hi,what's your name?Are you okay?" a new friendship had begun that day...

"Scarlet!" My deep thinking was interupted Kerri's sudden outburst."Hey,I'm back and dressed!So what on earth happened"Kerri asked me, grinning curiously.And so I began to tell the story of my escape from a confined life...
    ----------------------------------
    So,whaddya think?A bit of action,although in a flash back/memory. :bandit: :rambo:
    It's not much but oh well...

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • SPon11 said:
    Oh no! I'm going to blow up if I don't hear anymore!
    *holds breath*
    That's why you should...uh...do your homework at school, like I do...
    *pops*
    (In pieces)Well, crap...

Uhhhh...they don't let us do that at school....

I'm really sorry everyone.I'll try to write more tommorow though.:)

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Okay!I'm back!Please wait a couple minutes...I'll edit it into this post....time people!TIME....:P

Kay,Kay!.....And remember,italics=Scarlet's thoughts!Plus it=Scar's dream thoughts too...And the non spacing in the sentence Kerri says,well it's intended.
    ------------------------------
    When I finished my action packed story, Kerri gasped and gaped at me.The expression on her face showed that she was down right suprised.
    Her eyes grew wide "So you did it....mostly for ME?" she sqeaked.I nodded,pushing a strand of blonde hair back that had fallen into my eyes.

"Kerri, listen....if you were me, what other choice would you have?A confined life? NOT for me."
    Kerri didn't speak for a minute.
    "Umm...Kerri?"
    ".....OHMYGOD!WEAREGOING!COOL!IGOTTAPACK!WhATTOWEAR,WHATTOWEAR?" A whirlwind of words found it's way out of Keri's mouth.

She stood up rapidly, so quickly that the prized Parks' heirloom vase on the glass table behind her trembled, along with the bottle green colored glass table. Kerri grinned at me hugely, and sauluted like a blue Pok?mon I had once seen on TV.
    "Scarlet, that was kinda rash, what you did...but oh!I really do have to pack!See ya in....15 minutes!"
    Before I could say anything, Kerri bolted up the stairs,once again.
    I blinked.Whoa!She's fast.No, faster than fast...
    I stared at the stairs were Kerri had dissapeared.
    She may be fast but, at packing...oh boy, Scarlet.Get ready for a looooong wait.And I continued staring at the stairs...

20 minutes later, my head started to droop,shoulders started to sag.My eyes got really tired of looking at the staircase, waiting for Ker to come down.Must not fall asleep,must not....

"Scarlet!"My mother was screaming at me, her face crimson.I awoke in my bed.I quickly sat up and pulled off the bed covers.Kerri, her parents and Dad were also standing there, also crimson faced."Scarlet!I can't believe you!Why would you do that?"Kerri in turn,yelled at me."Bu...but Kerri-"
    "Silence!" roared Mom, her eyes holding an evil glint."Scarlet, you DARE disobey your mother and go off?!!?????? "But who did you know?"I shook violently.Suddenly Dad leaned in, his eyes somehow having that menacing, blood shot look as my mom had."A little Swaillow told me...."He leaned back and gestured to Kerri.The others, including Kerri, smirked at me."But...I thought you were...were...my friend!How could you?!??!?" I stammered out, looking at Kerri, who's eyes as well had a strange look in them. "Yes, and I only have your best interests at heart..."Kerri grinned nastilly,and walked up to me. "Whha...Kerri, your eyes!!! They're...red!!!!"I gasped out. Slowly, Kerri and the others morphed into hideous bird like, scaly, red eyed creatures. "Oh, I'm not Kerri at all..."the horrendous creature in front of me snickered."But SHE is..." the monster pointed at the window.I gasped again.There was a huge steel cage,with the REAL Kerri, Dad, Mom and her parents inside.They all were unconcious."Let them go!NOW!!!" I screamed."Yesss.But first...your punishment!" the so called "Mom" rasped."Gggget hhher!" the creature that was "Kerri" screeched.They all flew in on me, grasping me with yellow talons.I took breath and fainted...

"Scarlet!!!! Wake up!"
    "Huh what......?"
    I saw Kerri in front of me and screamed, expecting glowing red eyes.
    "It's just me, Scarlet!!!" I raised my head sleepily and rubbed my eyes.
    Instead friendly green eyes were looking at me.
    "Yes?"
    "I'm PACKED!And...I talked to Mom and Dad...and they said we CAN go today!Oh Scarlet, I'm SO excited!" She gave a shrill squel of excitement.
    "Wow!Let's get going!" I said, emmitting a high pitched squeal of joy of my own.
    Kerri held out her hand.I reached out, grabbed it, and stood up from the couch, were, I guess I had fallen asleep.
    "Not so fast girls!Not without food!"

Mrs.Parks suddenly bustled out of the kitchen, flaming red hair the same color as my friend's flying everywere. "Not without snacks, at least." Mrs.Parks beamed at us and pushed granola bars, napkins, and plates into our hands."Umm...gee, thanks, Mrs. Parks?" I said, trying not to laugh.Kerri's mom smiled at me."Why, you're quite welcome Scarlet!Now, shoo, you girls, go!Or you'll be late!!!!"She ushered us to the door and opened it, letting bursts of sunshine stream in, revealing the day.
    "Mom..."
    "Yes?"
    "I don't think we need the plates and napkins."
    Kerri took her plate and napkin and gave it to her mom.I did the same thing.Mrs Parks blushed a deep red.
    "Now hurry, girls, you don't want somebody else to get the remaining Pok?mon,or you'll have to wait untill tommorrow!Hurry on to Proffesor Blossom's lab!!!"
    Kerri and I burst out laughing, granola bars in hand, started to walk quickly to Prof. Blossom's place.

On the way I said "I can NOT believe it, Ker, I'm getting my own Pok?mon!!!"
    Kerri looked at me and replied "Well Scar, ya better believe it.'Cause we are about to do it!!!" We continued to laugh, growing very pink."Lets hurry!" I said between giggles. "Kay, Kay, Scar,no need to fuss!" And we started to break into a run together.
    I'm-no,we-are going...at last....
    ---------------------------
    Oh and,Scarlet-in the story-is me,pretty much.Just HAD to tell you that!:P

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Ice demon said:
    The story is really great so far...u had me going for a minute with the dream thing.So whats next?

Oh....the girls,are,of course,going to get thier starter Pok?mon,and start thier journey,and meet a boy who Scarlet will get a crush-Oops-I'm telling to much....:)

~Can NEone guess what Pok?mon each girl's gonna get?Guess....^_^....~

Back