• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

MonkeyBoyJoey

Pokemon and 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X fan
Years
  • Hi there! My name is Joey and I'm an aspiring ROM hacker. I came here while searching for info on ROM hacking and decided to stick around so I could ask questions when needed... which will most likely be a lot.... Anyhow, I don't really have much experience with ROM hacking outside of playing with Advance Map years ago. I was able to rearrange the routes and change the music but that's as far as I went.

I'm new to programming but I'm good at following directions. Hopefully I can learn everything I need to realize my dream of my own custom Pokemon GBA game from you guys!

Years
  • My ROM hacking knowledge is pretty much nonexistent but we're one of the best communities around for Pokémon fangames, so continue staying dedicated if that's your primary interest. You'll find help here. [: Nice to meet you Joey! Your avatar is way adorable lmao.

Enjoy your stay. <3

MonkeyBoyJoey

Pokemon and 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X fan
    Years
  • My ROM hacking knowledge is pretty much nonexistent but we're one of the best communities around for Pokémon fangames, so continue staying dedicated if that's your primary interest. You'll find help here. [: Nice to meet you Joey! Your avatar is way adorable lmao.

Enjoy your stay. <3

Nice to meet you too Sheep! I made the avatar as a joke for a friend of mine. He said something about snail mail so i ran into MS Paint and made that real fast. He was not amused..... everyone else was lol

Hey Joey! welcome to PC, nice to have you around with us!

Well, I'm sure you came to the right place. ROM Hacking is pretty active around here, I'm sure you'll learn quite a lot. You'll make friends with the time as well, I'm pretty sure about that. Mind if I ask, what got you into ROM hacking? do you still play the Pokemon games released by Nintendo?

If there's anything you need (except ROM Hacking help, as I know shit about it.) you're free to message me at anytime! good luck with your projects :)

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember what got me into ROM hacking. I was around 13 or so and my cousin showed me AdvanceMap. I started playing around with it and really liked it. I didn't get very far because I had no idea what anything was but it was still amazing to me that I could change the layout of towns in R/S/E. After the HDD I had it on went the way of the dodo, I forgot the name of the program and had trouble searching for it because of that. My cousin no longer had it because of a false positive from his Antivirus at the time. Despite all of that, I still always had a dream of making my own Pokemon game someday. Failing HDDs can't stop my dreams! You here me PSX DVR and your failure-prone Maxtor drives! Wait.... I don't even own a PlayStation X.....

Anyhow.... So I gave up on it for several years until a friend of mine over on ASSEMblergames started talking about his ROM hacking project. It looked really cool and inspired me to start trying to make my own again. He showed me this site and it has been helpful ever since! I repurposed my old Potato PC into a good Windows XP PC soley for this (and the first CoD because nostalgia lol).

I do still play the official Pokemon games. Coincidentally, I started with Ruby when I was 10 haha! I love the main games and some spinoffs. I haven't played many ROM hacks. I played a tiny bit of Light Platinum and Chaos Black back when I was about 13 but outside of those two, not much. Looking forward to trying out my friend's hack and the hacks created by members on here.

Trainer 766

What a touching and absolutely gracious story delivered in a great way! Hope you're getting better at ROM Hacking. Do go the the fan games section and join the ROM Hacking Hub if you come across any troubles. Don't forget to check out ROM Hacks Studio for playing awesome fan made games.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2020
    Hi Joey! We joined for the same reason, I'm also wanting to make a ROM hack, and this seems like a good place to learn. :) Good luck on your ROM hacking endeavours!

Back