• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that have aged well

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Chrono Trigger has aged very well. I played it for the first time a couple of years ago and the graphics were still impressive, as well as the story and gameplay. The soundtrack even dethroned my previous favorite for VGM and I own a physical copy of it. Pretty damn amazing.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Chrono Trigger has aged very well. I played it for the first time a couple of years ago and the graphics were still impressive, as well as the story and gameplay. The soundtrack even dethroned my previous favorite for VGM and I own a physical copy of it. Pretty damn amazing.

Right on! I agree with that too!

I think Final Fantasy 6/7 are games that are always fun to play too. I just bought the physical copies of each, as well as own them on the PSN, so double the fun. <33

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Crysis 1.
    This game may be older than my grandmim but as far as a game, this one has aged well beyond the years since it still is one or the more beautiful games around. Hell i can confidently say that people can still use crysis 1 as a means of gauging how good their computer is.

FEAR: First Encounter Assault Recon
    Up to this day, i still see FEAR as one of the finest fps games around mainly for its really solid gunplay mechanics, punchy as f""" sound effects, and the incredible mix of japanese style horror in a very western first person shooter. Its amazing how the first game is still the best one since the sequels couldnt really hold a candle to it and dont get me started on FEAR3

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Crysis 1.
    This game may be older than my grandmim but as far as a game, this one has aged well beyond the years since it still is one or the more beautiful games around. Hell i can confidently say that people can still use crysis 1 as a means of gauging how good their computer is.

FEAR: First Encounter Assault Recon
    Up to this day, i still see FEAR as one of the finest fps games around mainly for its really solid gunplay mechanics, punchy as f""" sound effects, and the incredible mix of japanese style horror in a very western first person shooter. Its amazing how the first game is still the best one since the sequels couldnt really hold a candle to it and dont get me started on FEAR3
    Unrelated, but people use The Witcher 3 as a benchmark.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Unrelated, but people use The Witcher 3 as a benchmark.
    Witcher 3 is a much more recent game. Crysis 1 is a game thats older than yourmom my grandmum and its still kicking computers' system requirements as much as it did years ago. ;)

@@@@@@@

and i found an excuse to reply further to this topic....

Bulletstorm The original game:
    The original bulletstorm may be more remembered as a game that had loads of potential as a new blockbuster title but ultimately failing to meet sales expectations because of things beyond the game's control such as people's preferences aka buying a call of duty game every single year. To me, mentioning cod to something bulletstorm related makes sense since bulletstorm was meant to be a game that wanted to kick cod on its nutsacks from its marketing campaign of bloooody screens and the game itself being a wonderful and visceral form of intense ultraviolence, delicious gunplay, relatable characters with extremely brocklesnar solid level of voicework (steve blum and jennifer hale), and an actually decent story that people can care about while unloading hails of bullets and mighty boots. Not to mention that the original game has some graphics that easily can hold the candle with many or last year and this years' library of games. While still kinda flawed with questionable gameplay design choices such as the inability to jump and a three weapon limit capacity (which is certainly way better than 2 weapons only), the overall gameplay of bulletstorm still holds up nicely. The best part really is that if people already owned this game, they don't have to spend 40 usds for the "remastered" edition other than say playing as duke nukem. Also og bulletstorm can be bought for as peanuts level of cheap as well if one is lucky to find a store that sells it.

Years
  • I think Vagrant Story is still unique as far as RPG games go. Sure, it's for the original PlayStation but when you play it, you surely can appreciate it.

Back