• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Royalty

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
  • I thought of that when I saw the castle-like structure(maybe it is a castle)in the trailer,
    maybe royalty may appear in the game,as much as I hate those royalty things.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Hmm..it is possible that the champion might be the king/queen.Or what'd be more exiting if the King/Queen was the leader of the villainous team.

Years
  • Sydian said:
    I don't think N will appear, but perhaps we might see some other form of royalty, like a Princess. idk how royalty works in France though, so idk. :(
    Does the phrase "Off with their heads" ring a bell? :p France hasn't had kings or queens since the 1800s.

I don't really need to see royalty in this game. They could do an aristocracy and have some area based on Versailles where all the rich nobles hang out, but having kings and queens seems out of touch with the Pokemon world, N notwithstanding since he was more a part of a villainous team than actual royalty ruling the region.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yes yes yes yes and it's set in France! But they don't have a monarchy there...

But yes! Like Kingdom Hearts meet Pokemon or something super deep like that.

Royalty in the game is a cool idea~! Maybe they won't be like N again though; since I like to think that N is one of a kind since he was raised with pokemon and.. it's not everyday that you'll see a lad or lass that has been raised with only pokemon.

Although now I'm thinking here that royalty can be incorporated with the gym leaders and the elite four~ Like say, the King's royal court could make up the gym leaders, and maybe the official family of the King could be the Elite Four... as for the King himself, I'm not sure if he'd be the champion, but the guy who's -hosting- the actual pokemon league, like in medieval times where the king usually hosts knight joust tournaments. Maybe the Champion can be the official "black knight"? =o

Mmm, maybe something like that? ;___;

Thisssss

That Nobunuga or whatever series type thing but as a main game!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Royalty can be kinda secretive too; it's not everyday that the average one can see someone from the royal family aside special events. I kind of don't think that royalty can exercise everyday life too; maybe they have their own tight schedules that they must meet on a regular basis. Hm, If that's the case, maybe our main character is some sort of runaway prince/princess that would like for once see what it's like to be a regular trainer~!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Oh my glob, so reading this thread after all the posts, apparently a lot of people are thinking "royalty = Champion", or the head of a villainous team, or something... which is not what I was thinking of at all! It's interesting to see what other people think about it, though.

What I meant with my idea, is, I don't know how to explain it, but I would love to see a Queen... just NOT as a Champion, villainous team leader, or generally anything like that. I was thinking of Queen Elizabeth II of England. Like, you know, a "figurehead"... and a secondary character whom has no relevance to the plot, just somebody you could battle or talk to if you wanted to (no offense to the Queen or anybody intended!). I'm trying to think of examples within the Pokemon universe to compare to, but I'm not able to think of anybody...

And just putting this out there, N does NOT come even remotely close to actually being royalty, in my eyes. He's not what I was thinking of at all when I first read the first post, even though he's mentioned in there.

Of course, these are just my thoughts!

Back