• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The anime is better!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What are some anime series that you think are better than the source material they're adapting?

I think the anime for Blood Blockade Battlefront, for example, is better than its manga.

Years
  • Pretty much any SoL comedy - specially if it's adapted from a four-panel manga, or primarily action-based series. For the former, you just get more out of the expressiveness and physical comedy when it's animated and movement is involved. You also get additional content when the source material is only four panel and somehow this content is usually good unlike most "filler" stuff.

With action series, action sequences are just greatly improved by the fluidity of movement and manga format is very... still. In a regular book, there's no still imags so you only have the fluid sequence in your head and with animation you have an actual fluid scene to watch in front of you. With manga you have a bunch of still images and it's your job to piece together how the action plays out and it makes things feel stilted. It takes an incredibly talented artist to avoid that problem.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pretty much any SoL comedy - specially if it's adapted from a four-panel manga, or primarily action-based series.

Oh, heck yeah, preach. SOL anime are definitely better than their manga. Especially Hidamari Sketch. I didn't find the manga that great, but I really liked the anime adaption.

Another anime that definitely is better than its manga is Bunny Drop. You all know why.

Years
  • Tokyo Ghoul manga is so much better than the anime adaptions. No offense if anyone else liked it but it's horrible imo.

Years
  • I think romantic-comedy mangas are well-adapted. I've read kaguya, takagi-san etc. and I think the adaptation is of the same quality, if not better. I agree with the SoL animes as well!

Years
  • Sorry I misunderstood the thread question. Kimetsu no Yaiba is just a recent expample of this. Animation wise was excellent and it did follow the manga storyline correctly while the manga's art style sucks so hard. The story remains good though. The same would be for AoT.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Hunter x Hunter 2011. The ost is amazing. On the other hand, Togashi's art is not the great thing.

Back