• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] tapu koko misprint?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    hello all...new here (yes, i know lol)

joined up to help out my nephew. he's been collecting for a while and i introduced him to tcgplayer and trollandtoad so he could see the value of his collection. he said he could not find anything on his tapu koko gx foil card and asked me to look.

searched here and other sites and found nothing. i'll try to get up some photos once i get post requirements. it looks like he has an english card but with japanese number in the lower left hand corner. for photo reference it looks like the 47/145.

the big difference is the number is 022/050 instead...same as the japanese version except the card font is in english. this may be a misprint or could be fake. going to inspect it closely tomorrow but it looks legit from the photos he sent me.

maybe you guys have an expert here who would know or could point me to someone who can assist us.
    thank you all in advance for your help

1115172.jpg

Years
  • hello all...new here (yes, i know lol)

joined up to help out my nephew. he's been collecting for a while and i introduced him to tcgplayer and trollandtoad so he could see the value of his collection. he said he could not find anything on his tapu koko gx foil card and asked me to look.

searched here and other sites and found nothing. i'll try to get up some photos once i get post requirements. it looks like he has an english card but with japanese number in the lower left hand corner. for photo reference it looks like the 47/145.

the big difference is the number is 022/050 instead...same as the japanese version except the card font is in english. this may be a misprint or could be fake. going to inspect it closely tomorrow but it looks legit from the photos he sent me.

maybe you guys have an expert here who would know or could point me to someone who can assist us.
    thank you all in advance for your help

1115172.jpg

Just based on the collector's number bit, I'm inclined to say with 99% confidence it's counterfeit.

Back