• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Ephemerald - A full Regional-Forme ROMhack. V1.0 Release

Years
Ephemeral - /ɪˈfem.ər.əl/ - "lasting for only a short time" (adjective)

One day I woke up, and joked "what if Wooper were a tellytubby"
Seven months, 3 corrupt backups, a few skipped dinners, and many tears later, we have Pokémon Ephemerald.

DCFuDmb.png

Pokemon Emerald like you've never seen it before
Enjoy the Hoenn region with a unique twist. Pokemon Ephemerald (eh-fem-erald)is a full Regional-Forme ROMhack, where you can find 382* brand new Sapphosian Formes (sa-pho-sian) from the minds of passionate creators. Every single catchable 'mon has a whole new design, with new Types, Movepools, Abilities, and Flavour to create a unique experience, like this game came straight from a parallel universe with a Succubus Jynx, a Butterfly Gligar, a Toxic-waste Quilava and many many more!
*Unown, Spinda, Castform, Deoxys. Before you ask

JOpSxvv.png

The whole rainbow of possibilities
Not only does every Pokemon have a new type combination, but (almost) every Type combo is represented. Pick two types, and there is a family with that type. Rock/Normal? Meet Caterpie. Poison/Ground? Slowpoke's your man. Electric/Fire? I think I hear a Tentacool short-circuiting in the distance. Not only that, but all dual-types are unique. Everything has a niche by virtue of its type. And of course, plenty of monotypes for those who don't want to stress. Combine that with Trade evolutions being obtainable and brand new exciting Legendary Encounters in unique locations to Ephemerald. You can fill your Nationaldex with 'mons of a shape and size unseen in the land of Gen 3!

ozAq06C.png

Optional bossess with true rewards.
Like many a modern ROMhack, Ephemerald does not have EV training, as opponent Pokemon will not give you any. However, on your travels you will find optional Boss-fights that reward you with EV Boosting items. They are found one between each gym, and will only battle you until you have defeated the next major Gym Leader. These provide a much-needed crutch for a casual playthrough providing you with a permanent advantage for the rest of your playthrough, but a challenging decision for the hardcore players, as will it be worth risking your valuable team members before the trainers who truly do not hold back?

L1MpQYB.png

Frigid Frost, Toxic Chemicals, and Flimsy Metals.
Since we're messing with Types, why not tweek the chart a little? In the revitalised Hoenn region. Ice-Types have gotten harder, gaining a resistance to Water- and Ground-. Poison types have become extra toxic and now hit Dragon- super-effectively. And Steel-Types are off their game, losing their resistances to Dark-, Ghost- and Psychic-. So perhaps your favourite becoming Ice/Poison might not be as crushing as it seems...

What else can I say. Hoenn, remixed, awaits!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Release 1.0.1.1 and full documentation available on the Pokemon Ephemerald Discord
Download Link

https://discord.gg/jsZQZK55Rn

And if you just want to see all the cool redeisgns without playing:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh my lord. I was actually hoping to see something like this. Most definitely gonna play this once I'm done with radical red. It would be hella dope if you could improve the battle backgrounds.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 2, 2023
So thankful to see this! I've been fiending for a new regional variant/fakemon iteration, going to download immediately! Appreciate your time and effort fr fr!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Shame no phys/special split I feel like dark types will be pretty messed up when it comes to stab. Any chance you are planing on implementing it in the future?

Years
Shame no phys/special split I feel like dark types will be pretty messed up when it comes to stab. Any chance you are planing on implementing it in the future?

No plan on implementing it. However, some Pokemon have had their physical and special attack swapped in order to take advantage of their new type better. So Dark types are all special attackers (unless they're dual type).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
yes, since there is no physical/special split these are the categories:
Physical = normal, flying, ghost, rock, ground, poison, bug, steel, fighting
Special = fire, water, grass, electric, dragon, psychic, dark, ice

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I've been nuzlocking this for the past week, and I must say, I'm having an absolute blast! I encountered a shiny Abra, just wanted to ask if the shiny odds have been raised, or was my encounter a full odds shiny? Thanks!

Years
I've been nuzlocking this for the past week, and I must say, I'm having an absolute blast! I encountered a shiny Abra, just wanted to ask if the shiny odds have been raised, or was my encounter a full odds shiny? Thanks!

Incredible! Odds are full 1/8k so well done! Bet you're glad I took Teleport out of Abra's moveset :)

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Just so you know (In case you don't), the Discord invite isn't working. I want to throw this into my collection of hacks cause it looks really cool, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Edit: Nvm, my server list was just full. Disregard. Lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Here's my full walkthrough for this hack. Pretty fun. I noticed that the trainers for the S.S. Tidal were unchanged from the original, also there was an interesting moment on Route 103 postgame with what's supposed to be the Altering Cave entrance but takes you to the underwater location with two legendaries where exiting has you in Route 127.

Years
The regional forms in this is pretty solid, although I will admit, some of them are a bit odd, and a few of them seem out of place, but it was a good experience regardless.

Back