• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Pokemon Bank will come to Switch?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I hope they do. I honestly can't see them bringing Bank or at least something like it to the Switch when Pokemon arrives there. What do you think?

pkmin3033

They had bloody well better. It's a PAID online service, and it's theoretically easily transferrable between the 3DS and the Switch. There's no reason the Switch couldn't and wouldn't support it. If Nintendo are moving on from the 3DS and putting core Pokemon titles on the Switch - something I personally doubt at the present moment if they are serious about supporting the 3DS beyond 2018 - they will need a way to transfer Pokemon over from previous generations to the current one, and there is no easier or simpler way than just implementing Bank onto the Switch.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I was about to say maybe not, but I forgot that it uses the internet to store your pokemon (derp :p) I guess there really isn't a reason why they wouldn't?

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
Likely, even if the "Main series game" they're making is just another Colosseum/XD type of game...Considering your Nintendo account connects with all Nintendo consoles you own, you will very likely have that as the method for transporting pokemon between your Switch and SM/USUM games...

Years
I'm somehow suddenly reminded when they cancelled the Nintendo Wifi service for Gen IV and older, so maybe Bank not coming to a Switch seems like a slim but realistic possibility. ._.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
<p>it absolutely should. Pokémon Bank is super convenient and cheap, even if it lacks the charm of some earlier transfer features like Pal Park imo. and yeah, it's a paid service, so Game Freak really better be extending it to the switch.</p>

Back