• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Hello. Im not sure where else to put this but I thought this would be the best place. I have a team and ill post all necessary information. I really like this team - as it was a team i've beaten both the Sinnoh and Johto league with as well as they were all raised and used since the begging of my game play in platinum. One was hatched, three evolved from happiness. I want to be able to transfer this to Pokemon Y and battle online with this team. I need a new move set for most and have limited moves b/c most of my TM options for platinum are up from misuse.

Empoleon Lv 79
    Naive Nature
    - Hydro Cannon
    - Shadow Clas
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    **His moveset I just changed and am happy with this, but if any suggestions lmk

Staraptor Lv 64
    Hardy Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Brave Bird
    - Wing Attack
    - Fly

Lucario Lv 63
    Docile Nature
    - Aura Sphere
    - Rock Smash
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    **Rock Smash and Strength NEED to go!

Roserade Lv 60
    Docile Nature
    Poison Point Ability
    - Giga Drain
    - Cut
    - Mega Drain
    - Toxic Spikes

Luxray Lv 60
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - Spark
    - Crunch
    - Thunder Fang

Crobat Lv 60
    Bashful Nature
    - Cross Point
    - Defog (NEEDS TO GO)
    - Air Slash
    - Mean Look (I dont think i need anymore)

Thank you for your help!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Hey there! We actually have a forum for Pokemon team rating. Your thread is going to need some more information added to it in order to fit the rules of the section. Especially since you're looking to use this team for competitive battling. You'll need more information about the EVs and how you want this team to work together to win against opponents.

I should also warn you that when it comes to competitive battling, you'll want to start with fresh Pokemon than ones you've used in-game. This way, you avoid having HMs in their movesets and having the wrong natures for them. Natures like Docile, Bashful, and Hardy aren't helpful, since they don't give extra growth to stats, and having extra growth in some stats will really help your Pokemon. For example, Lucario tends to be Modest, Adamant, or Jolly (depending on if he's a physical attacker or special attacker) so his moves will do a little more damage (Modest or Adamant) or he can attack a little faster (Jolly).

Also, competitive play might change with the introduction of X/Y, so things that work now might not in the new games.

If you need further help, look around the Battle Center at their guides or you can send me a message and I'd be happy to help you out.

But since this thread doesn't fit Battle Center's rules, it's going to be closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back