• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Makes no sense

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
  • I posted a thread 2-3 days ago and it was regarding a question asking why my pokemon cant be traded.
    I brought up the fact that they're hacked.

2 days later a moderator finally locks it telling me to use the Quick Questions and Answers or whatever and mentioned hacked pokemon are not allowed.
    I have several reasons disputing that.

1. If you're going to lock it, don't delay it. Lock it ASAP. If it's a problem that has to do with staff shortage, then maybe take the opportunity to open applications to apply.
    2. We have a ROM hacking section but hacked Pokemon (The main attraction to this forum) aren't allowed!?!?!? LOL.
    3. If I can't talk about hacked Pokemon, why bothering saying "Please use the Quick Questions and Answers"?
    4. The thread was 2 days old and was finished being talked about. Don't post that you're locking it. Simply delete it or lock it without notice. It bothers me that it has to happen. Why? Because it makes me feel wrong and I have to check why it was locked. The least you could do is tell me why in a PM.

Why are hacked Pokemon such a big deal? Seriously... If you look up on YouTube '3DS Powersaves' you'll find thousands of videos. Everyone hacks games. Why not allow it? This is just going to occur again. Not from me, but from others.

I thought coming back to this site may be a new resolution to ease stress in my life that I currently have.
    This was partially the reason I quit last time. There's just too many strict rules that don't make sense. When I was hear last time, I couldn't have 1 second without a locked thread of mine.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hacked Pokemon and ROM Hacking are two entirely different things. :s We don't allow hacked pokemon because (the way I see it) it promotes cheating in the games. And you know, cheating is bad. As for ROM Hacking, that means editing parts of an existing game like FireRed. You can add your own story, plot, and even Pokemon you made on your own. That's just a basic explanation I can give you.

Don't expect mods to *immediately* lock threads at the same minute it's posted. We have a billion things to do. If you see a thread that is breaking rules, report it to the mod, and they'll deal with it asap.

You can also PM the mod if you have a question or concern regarding the thread that was locked. They'll be more than happy to resolve your issue as well as work things out with you. If nothing works out, you can pm a member of higher staff.

I'm so sorry you aren't having a pleasant time here. I really am. It can be a struggle at first because there's some rules that do need to be memorized...but really, we staffers are open and willing to help out in any way possible. if you still need a guide, or still have issues to be resolved, don't hesitate to send me a PM, or any member of the staff team a PM. Don't think that we're not responsive or anything. we are here to help. :) I can guarantee you that once you get the hang of things 'round here, you will totally change your mind.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • Because some people like to play the games legitimately, and not have the game ruined for them. Yes, it's just a game, but some people like to keep the game somewhat spoiler-free, especially Diancie and Hoopa. Imagine this in real life - people that play legit are the people that are born into the common class, and work their way to the top, whereas people that cheat, let's say, as soon as they were born were given a million dollars when they become of age, no matter what. It almost seems unfair to the person that works hard. It's the effort that goes into raising the Pokemon that counts, not just making a Pokemon in a few clicks and battling with it.

So there's a simple solution to that :P
    Separate sections will do the trick.

There can be a Pokemon Hacking section, and all hackers/cheaters may roam there.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • I think I understand this.
    I just don't understand the hacking part.

You can never take away cheating from a game, why take it away from the forum? Users need to learn that they're advantages and disadvantages in life. You will always run into cheaters.
    Please lock/hide this thread.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gonna try to answer this the best I can!

For most people on the forum, staff and non-staff alike, they are students nearing the end of their school year/semester. So there are final exams, projects, graduations, moving out, etc that they might be going through. Our Trade staff happen to all be very busy at this time. That's not really a reason to open up staff applications, though. Everyone gets busy in their life and not everything is going to get immediate attention.

ROM Hacking is what it sounds like, hacking the ROM for the game and creating something entirely new as a result. Hacking a Pokemon in the actual games is a different ball park. One of the main reasons we don't allow trading hacked Pokemon here is because 1. they're not tournament legal and 2. it is unfair to trade something that someone hacked in five minutes with something that someone had to take the time to breed, RNG abuse, or soft reset for. Why trade something you put effort into for something someone else barely put any into, you know? It's just a bit distasteful.

I got nothing on the using the questions thread. Probably just a slip up on their part.

It was probably just part of that moderator's protocol. There's not one certain way to moderate the forum. There are guidelines, yes, but telling mods how and when to lock threads would be a bit overkill for the guidelines. If you ever have an issue with how a moderator handled a situation, you should contact them through PM or come to a higher staff member if you feel it's serious enough.

If you need more clarification on the rules after reading them, you should contact the moderator of that particular forum.

Hope that can clarify some stuff. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I think I understand this.
    I just don't understand the hacking part.

You can never take away cheating from a game, why take it away from the forum? Users need to learn that they're advantages and disadvantages in life. You will always run into cheaters.
    Please lock/hide this thread.

For years, we've always preferred a trading community with integrity. Personally, hacking ruins any fun and excitement to be found in trading.

Back