• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] help

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen today
    is there any other websites that are used to make Pokémon games besides RPG maker?

I'm not sure what you mean: are you talking about websites that host Pokémon games, or other tools used to make Pokémon games? (I'm not sure what you mean with "websites that are used to make Pokémon games")

There are lots of other sites that host fan-made Pokémon games. I don't know them all, of course, but Relic Castle seems to be the second most famous after PokéCommunity, and both of them not only host fangames, but they have a developper community to help other devs.

As for the tools, basically there are three engines for making Pokémon games: RPG Maker, decompilers, and ROM hacks. Some people talk about Unity but it doesn't exist yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    As far as I know about it (which isn't alot), the only thing I've seen Unity used for is modding BDSP on the Switch. I haven't seen any drastic mods to say that they are creating romhacks or fan games though. But I guess the possibility is there.

Back