• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danced with Death

Years
  • Ooh everyone's posts are fascinating! So far, lots of bad traffic awareness!
    My driver side got T-boned by an SUV. My door was smashed in halfway across the seat, but thank goodness I'm pretty tiny. Other than that, I'm pretty lucky. ^.^

On the more somber side, I've seen death come to a close family member, and some friends that chose to meet death a bit early. Those have impacted my life far more than my own near-death experiences.

Years
  • Almost drowned in a lake when I was a kid. Bunch of other kids messing around and a giant inflatable thingy that I got trapped under and nobody saw me go under. Still have some claustrophobia from that. I also had a bad car accident on the highway at highway speeds and it's a miracle I wasn't hit by any traffic despite spinning across three lanes of traffic, at night in the rain. That fucked me up a bit and I still feel pretty awful when I drive that stretch of road.

But no near death experiences from either. No lights or seeing dead relatives or anything.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    When I was 11 or 12, my family went to Cuba when a hurricane hit. My mom and I got stuck in a small elevator with 15 more people. The elevator was stuck in between 2 floors, and the hotel staff was unable to get us. It was about 35? Celsius inside, and we were stuck for a very long time. We started to suffocate; I remember how it felt to take a big breath but not getting all the oxygen that breath should've given me. They eventually pried the doors open from the outside but I've developped anxiety from that. I really can't stand to be in a situation where I can't breathe properly (like having a scarf on my nose/mouth), and being in small spaces with several people makes me sick.

User19sq

Of all my experiences (one involving a jackass running a red light ten centimeters from my face), this one stands out:

A hot summer day nearly caused me to go down from dehydration. I can tell you that you will vomit, and it ain't pretty when your belly's on E (I saw acids, and maybe some blood?). Thankfully, I was near a neighborhood. Took me three tries to get someone to help me. Everything's a blur from there on.

Back