• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Hail RMT

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
  • Because nica told me to

Spr_5b_460_m.png

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Wood Hammer
    - Blizzard
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Fire]​

Obvious choice to bring hail. I found this set to work better than subseed, with so many weaknesses and not very high speed abomasnow gets killed quickly, this set makes him outspeed a lot, and his moveset covers pretty much everything.

Spr_5b_473_m.png

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge​

I love this guy. Pretty obvious moveset that has good coverage etc. Not very fast though, and he's outspeeded a lot..

Spr_5b_073.png

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Protect​

Spinner. Gave him rain dish for when I face rain teams, most of the abilities are meh anyway. Absorbs fighting, steel, fire etc.

Spr_5b_485.png

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Stealth Rock​

Fire absorber, I like this guy. Gave him HP grass because I have enough ice on my team, and it gives him an advantage over ground/water types that people like to switch in on him.

Spr_5b_130_m.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge​

This is the latest addition to my team, and I like him a lot. Able to absorb hits, can DD and after that outspeeds most mons. Taunt mess with set uppers and subbers.

Spr_5b_478_s.png

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Destiny Bond
    - Blizzard
    - Thunder Wave​

This Froslass is so amazing, and one of the best things about my team. It outspeeds a lot. Start with sub, I see if the opponent will tear through it. If they do I can Destiny Bond them, if they don't I can Twave and blizz them a few times.

That's about it. Had some others like Glaceon and Kyurem before I had Gyarados but too many ice types is not very useful with so many weaknesses. Any advice to make this team better?

Years
  • Dude your team looks good! My only suggestion would be to switch up Froslass a bit. Give it Spikes over Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond is a cute trick but I think you can get more mileage out of setting up layers of spikes when you switch Froslass into a Pokemon it can threaten.

I don't like the concept of using Toxic Spikes and other status attacks on the same team. Therefore I would like to suggest that you remove Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel for Knock Off. It can troll Eviolite users like Chansey and Porygon 2 for example and cripple them. It's also good for robbing walls of their leftover recovery which will wear them down even quicker in the hailstorm.

Good luck with the team!

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Dragonite would fit in your team too since you got Heatran backing it up with its Ice weakness. Bulky Gyarados is nice, yet it lacks power. If you opt for Gyarados, change Intimidate to Moxie ability. It gives him more power everytime it kills.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Cool team but it seems quite easy to wear down.

What id suggest is using sp.def Tran over something as nothing can take hits from specs Latios.
    485.gif
    @ Leftovers
    248 HP / 100 Sp.Def / 160 Speed
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Protect
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar

This also checks Volc and other sun threats much better rather than just dieing to hail that Balloon tran seems to do lol.

Next id give Froslass Spikes as that is the only good niche it even has in Ou. Also make it bulky so it can block spin decently.

478.gif
    (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 66 SDef / 80 Spd
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Pain Split
    - Ice Beam / Blizzard

Evs outspeed Landorus.

Lastly make Aoma bulky so it can live a little longer. Scarf aboma is kinda eh and easy to set up on and to wear down.

460.gif
    @ Leftovers
    248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
    Calm / Sassy Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Blizzard
    - Wood Hammer / Protect

The above changed should make your team a little more resilient with Leech Seed support helping not only aboma stick around but the rest of your team too.

Good luck. :)

Back