• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm currently hunting Feebas in my Sapphire for the first time (yeah I really didnt play it that hard in the past) and luckily I found it pretty easy and am currently stockpiling a heap of them (about 9 so far) for my Pearl/Platinum as well.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Well, in Emerald, I had enough of training 60 or so Pokemon to the same level, especially since Pokemon become hard to train to level 45 between the seventh and eighth badges. So I cut the number of Pokemon I have to train by about two thirds, leaving 20 or so Pokemon which I thought would be good choices against the Elite Four. In the past couple of days I started EV training two of those Pokemon (wow, EV training is addictive... I used to be skeptical about it, and now I'm inclined to do it to every one of my Pokemon). I EV trained my Gorebyss in Route 113 for a while, then Route 116, then route 118...

While training on Route 118, I came across a shiny Electrike! And caught it! I kind of hoped to catch Pokerus in this game, and instead I got four shinies... but four shinies is still good, right...? (I also have a shiny Wingull, Zubat, and Linoone)

Just a few minutes ago I was EV training my Alakazam--first in Route 113, then Route 118, then Route 119. She got a Special Attack boost of 9 during one level up, and a Speed boost of 7 during another. (She was holding a Macho Brace, of course.) I also EV trained my Gorebyss some more, this time in the Rusturf Tunnel. My Altaria picked up some Special Attak EV's in Route 113 as well, and some Attack in Route 121.

I still have many more Pokemon to EV train... *sigh* Fortunately, I found good locations to EV train:

Rusturf Tunnel (nothing but Whismur, which give out HP EV's)
    Inside Mt. Pyre (mostly Shuppet, which give out Attack EV's)
    Magma Hideout (everything in there gives out Defense EV's)
    Route 113 (good place to Special Attack EV train provided I avoid the Skarmories)
    Route 114 (the most common Pokemon there give out Special Defense EV's)
    Route 118 (everything in there gives out Speed EV's)
    Route 119 (perfect for special sweepers--Special Attack, Speed, and a little HP)
    New Mauville (also good for special sweepers, but easy to get paralyzed there)
    Route 121 (mostly Attack, a little Special Attack, and a tiny bit of Speed--perfect for my Blaziken and Ninetales)
    Fishing on Route 120 (Barboach and Magikarp for HP and Speed)
    Fishing on Route 119 (vast majority of Pokemon are Attack-granting Carvanha)

Mclena45

Pkmn Trainer Allen
    Years
  • Well, I made my way though Viridian Forest, got my self a Pikachu, defeated Brock, and made my way to Mt. Moon. I'm half way through it, trying to win against all the trainers...

CURRENT TEAM!!!
    Ivysaur lvl16 (Success!)
    Pidgy lvl14
    Pikachu lvl14
    Ratata lvl14
    Geodude lvl8 (dex filler)
    Zubat lvl10 (dex filler)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I just restarted Emerald and choose Mudkip as my starter. I choose the girl character and named her Sarah, which is my name lol. I went to battle your "rival" and caught a Wurmple and Poochyena both level 4. Raised Wurple to level 7 and mudkip to level 10. Also Battled one other trainer.

I havent played Emerald in forever, and Ive only ever got to the 6th badge!! So hopefully, I will actually complete it this time :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Well, I decided to start a new Fire Red Runthrough.

- Started New Game
    - Named self Adrian (I name myself something different everytime lol)
    - Named rival Lucius
    - Withdrew Potion
    - Picked Squirtle, male, nicknamed Orion
    - Beat Rival
    - Got Potion from Mart guy
    - Did the rest of the start of game stuff
    - Caught a Pidgey level 3, male, nicknamed Deangelo
    - Trained till Deangelo was level 9 and Orion level 10
    - Beat Lucius at the E4 entrance
    - Ran through Viridian Forest or whatever
    - Caught Pikachu, level 3, male, nicknamed Alexander
    - Beat Brock with Orion's Water Gun
    -Got Running Shoes
    - Caught Nidoran male, level 7, nick'd Milo
    - Trainer Milo to level 10
    - Am currently training in Mt.Moon

TEAM:
    pkfrlg007.png

Orion/Squirtle
    Level 15/Male
    - Tackle
    - Bubble
    - Water Gun
    - Withdraw

pkfrlg016.png

Deangelo/Pidgey
    Level 14/Male
    - Tackle
    - Sand Attack
    - Gust
    - Quick Attack

pkfrlg025.png

Alexander/Pikachu
    Level 14/Male
    - Thundershock
    - Growl
    - Quick Attack
    - Thunder Wave

pkfrlg032.png

Milo/Nidoran
    Level 11/Male
    - Peck
    - Leer
    - Focus Energy

Badges: Brock,
    Planned Team: Blastoise, Raichu, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Arcanine, Exxegutor

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    LeafGreen___________________________________________________________
    ~Fought my Rival and kicked his skinny ___.
    ~Fought my way up to Bill's and battled every trainer along the way.
    ~Battled Misty and won Badge #2.
    ~Went through the trashed house and battled the Rocket, gaining a Dig TM.
    ~Headed South I captured my Fly Slave, which happens to be a Pidgey named Eos.
    ~And after like 5 minutes of sifting through the tall grass, I managed to nab a female Meowth, wich I promptly nicknamed Persephone.
    ~Headed to the S.S. Anne to get Cut.

Team:
    dpiconani002.gif
    Apollo LV 21 Impish ♂ - PoisonPowder, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    dpiconani012.gif
    Maya LV 20 Calm ♀ - PoisonPowder, SleepPowder, Stun Spore, Confusion
    dpiconani025.gif
    Artemis LV 21 Naughty ♂ - Thundershock, Quick Attack, Mega Kick, Double Team
    dpiconani052.gif
    Persephone LV 10 Brave ♀ -
    Scratch, Growl, Bite

Future Additions:
    dpiconani060.gif
    Dionysus LV ? ♂ [to be
    dpiconani186.gif
    ]
    dpiconani037.gif
    Nyx LV ? ♀ [to be
    dpiconani038.gif
    ]

FireRed_____________________________________________________________
    ~Traversing Victory Road...still.

Team:
    dpiconani006.gif
    Hitokage LV 44 Modest
    - Fly, Growl, Flamethrower, Metal Claw
    dpiconani135.gif
    Thunders LV 43 Naughty
    - Shock Wave, Sand-Attack, Pin Missile, Quick Attack
    dpiconani065.gif
    Fudin LV 44 Hasty
    - Recover, Psychic, Future Sight, Psybeam
    dpiconani143.gif
    Kabigon LV 42 Lonely
    - Body Slam, Yawn, Rest, Snore
    dpiconani051.gif
    Suidou LV 44 Relaxed
    - Dig, Fury Swipes, Rock Slide, Sand Tomb
    dpiconani131.gif
    Laplace LV 44 Relaxed
    - Mist, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • Just started a new game on Fire Red and beat Brock.

Trainer:
    frlgemtr136.png

Name: Kori

My team as of now:

pkfrlg007.png
    lv 15
    pkfrlg039.png
    lv 10
    pkfrlg025.png
    lv 16

I'm about to travel through Mt. Moon!

Mclena45

Pkmn Trainer Allen
    Years
  • I managed to get my way through Mt. Moon, defeating all the trainers and collecting at least most of the items.
    I taught Mega Punch to Pikachu
    Caught a lvl10 Mankey
    Reached Cerulean City
    Bought an unknown amount of Potions and PokeBalls
    Defeated Blue
    Defeated the first trainer on Nugget Bridge
    Saved after first trainers defeat.

=Current Team=
    220px-002Ivysaur.png

Ivysaur-lvl17
    170px-016Pidgey.png

Pidgey-lvl16
    150px-019Rattata.png

Rattata-lvl16
    170px-025Pikachu.png

Pikachu-lvl15
    170px-056Mankey.png

Mankey-lvl10

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Sapphire Version

My hunt for the last Shoal Salt led to disappointment, so I must have to wait for the tide. I was hoping for the Shell Bell, but I can wait.

I've been having trouble trying to get through Victory Road, so I turned back and travelled the region far and wide to fight trainers who I may have managed to avoid. I also searched for Pokémon that may be interesting, items I missed, and trainers ready for a rematch.

I have trained hard and long, but it just isn't enough. I am still venturing the region...

Current team:

Lv41 Slath/Slakoth @ Silk Scarf
    Strength, Yawn, Bulk-Up, Slack Off

Lv41 Taiow/Swellow @ Lax Incense
    Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Façade, Fly

Lv41 Whurs/Exploud @ Charcoal
    Overheat, Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Hyper beam

Lv41 Spinda @ Blackglasses
    Teeter Dance, Psybeam, Faint Attack, Secret Power

Lv41 Girafarig @ Focus Band
    Confusion, Stomp, Agility, Baton Pass

Lv42 Zigazoon/Linoone
    Slash, Surf, Covet, Tail Whip

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Well, let's continue.

- Hiked through Mt.Moon, picking up all items I knew of along the way.
    - Taught Mega Punch to Orion.
    - Beat Lucius without a sweat
    - Beat Nugget Bridge and the above area
    - Helped Bill, got the SS Anne Ticket
    - Beat Misty, first try (Alexander beat Staryu, damanged Starmie, and then Orion took him out)
    - Beat the Rocket
    - Traveled to Vermillion
    - Got to VS Seeker, Bike Voucher and Old Rod
    - Beat SS Anne
    - Beat the area by Snorlax
    - Beat Lt. Surge with Milo's Dig.
    - Gotta go through Dig Tunnel

TEAM:
    Milo the Nidorino
    Alexander the Pikachu
    Orion the Wartortle
    Deangelo the Pidgeotto

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Yeah I picked up my ruby but got bored of the sunny day team to so I ditched everyone exept aron.Went and caught a Makuhita.Then later 3 beat gyms (brawly-flannery) caught zubat and cacnea.I'm currently training for the 5th Gym.Also I renamed Aron.

Team:
    Lairon (Byron) Lvl 32
    Hariyama (Bulk) Lvl 29
    Cacnea (Blister) Lvl 23
    Golbat (Buffy) Lvl 24

Yeah my team is unbalanced <_< but on the plus side I love it that all of my pokemons nicknames start with B

I beat Norman and Winnona now im gonna go to the Magma Base

Lvl 37
    Lvl 37
    Lvl 37
    Lvl 37

I also decided that Im gonna catch a Laturn and Glalie

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Ohk, long time no post lol.

- Got through Diglett Tunnel
    - Got through Rock Tunnel
    - Beat Lucian in Ghost Tower
    - Caught Wes the Male Growlithe
    - Beat the Rocket mission
    - Beat Erika
    - Went back to Lavender and took the Sea route to Fushia
    - Currently going down the Bike Path to Fushia

TEAM:

pkfrlg033.png

Milo/Nidorino
    Male/Level 35
    - Dig
    - Secret Power
    - Horn Attack
    - Double Kick
    Notes: Not going to evo him, I like Nidorino too much (:

pkfrlg017.png

Deangelo/Pidgeotto
    Male/Level 34
    - Fly
    - Featherdance
    - Wing Attack
    - Quick Attack
    Note: Sort of death fodder, don't really like him, more of a Fly Slave.

pkfrlg058.png

Wes/Growlithe
    Male/Level 35
    - Bite
    - Roar
    - Ember
    - Flame Thrower
    Note: Evoing at level 49 (that's when he learns Flamethrower).

pkfrlg025.png

Alexander/Pikachu
    Male/Level 35
    - Thunderbolt
    - Agility
    - Quick Attack
    - Thunder Wave
    Note: Evoing soon. Whenever I feel like parting with him lol. Or maybe I won't evo...

pkfrlg009.png

Orion/Blastoise
    Male/Level 36
    - Mega Punch
    - Protect
    - Water Pulse
    - Bite
    Note: He's my main man. Can take out ANYTHING.

pkfrlg052.png

Giovanni/Meowth
    Note: My Cut/Flash/Pick Up slave.

Years
  • I've been playing fire red lately. I decided to use, pretty much, only my starter, Charizard, because 1.)I don't have to spend extra time training others and 2.)This is what I did in the original Red version.

I spent the last two or three hours catching Dratini in the Safari Zone. I never did catch one with a usable nature, but I did catch a Dragonair! I haven't done that since....well.....the original red version!

I am now at Cinnabar island (tho I still haven't challenged Sabirina). Playtime is 10:16. I've just beaten Blaine, which means that Bill took me to the Sevii islands and showed me the PC Box problem, blah, blah, blah, and finally let me go on my way.

Right now, I'm trying to catch enough pokemon so that when I defeat the elite four, I'll immmediately get the national dex and access to the other islands. I now have 42 caught, 101 seen; I've caught about 25 in the last 2 hours. As soon as I get back to the mainland, I'll continue catching pokemon. After that, I'll work on finishing the story.

I still have Sabrina, Silph Co., Viridian Gym, and Victory Road between me and the Elite Four, but I think I can do all that within the next hour. However, I'll have to catch some high level pokemon to take into the Elite Four b/c, as I said earlier, my only strong pokemon is my starter. I might capture Articuno b/c I hardly use him in D/P/Pt so I won't need to stress about nature and IVs when I catch it, and Lance's pokemon are weak to Ice (minus gyarados). I want to keep Zapdos in the Power Plant in case one day I decide to soft reset for a really strong one. I probably won't bother with Moltres since Charizard is my starter.

I'll update this when I beat the elite four.

BTW, I've defeated EVERY gym leader with Charizard, including Misty. Nothing is better than killing a water pokemon with a fire type! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I just started a new game, choosing the name Amelia.

I'm in the Trick House doing the first puzzle, having just completed the Team Aqua event and delivered the goods.

As of right now my team consists of:
    Marshtomp lvl 18 - I need to nickname it
    William (Ralts) lvl 15
    Chibi (Nincada) lvl 14 - this guy was a pain in the butt to level up.
    Marco (Shroomish) lvl 15
    Timmy (Taillow) lvl 15 - I'll probably get rid of this guy soon
    Zigzagoon lvl 3 - my trusty HM slave with pickup :3

I don't know who else to add to my team though. I was thinking of perhaps getting a Magnemite and a fire type, but I'm not sure which - even though it should be an easy decision since there are only like 3 to choose from thanks to all the damn water.

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
  • I just started a new game, choosing the name Amelia.

I'm in the Trick House doing the first puzzle, having just completed the Team Aqua event and delivered the goods.

As of right now my team consists of:
    Marshtomp lvl 18 - I need to nickname it
    William (Ralts) lvl 15
    Chibi (Nincada) lvl 14 - this guy was a pain in the butt to level up.
    Marco (Shroomish) lvl 15
    Timmy (Taillow) lvl 15 - I'll probably get rid of this guy soon
    Zigzagoon lvl 3 - my trusty HM slave with pickup :3

I don't know who else to add to my team though. I was thinking of perhaps getting a Magnemite and a fire type, but I'm not sure which - even though it should be an easy decision since there are only like 3 to choose from thanks to all the damn water.
    Your team seems fine for the time being. I'd recommend replacing Taillow with Skarmory later (Route 113). And if you're looking for an electric type, Voltorb will work well (I'd say Magnemite, but if you have Skarmory on deck then you don't want another steel type). If you don't like Voltorb, evolve your Ralts into Gardevoir and teach it thunderbolt (thats what I'm using now, its a good substitute for an electric type and it frees up some space in your party). Later, I'd highly recommend replacing Shroomish/Breloom with Lileep/Cradily (Revived from root fossil found in the dessert above Mauville City). I used to use Breloom, but it outlives it's usefullness later on considering how it's Sp. Atk is not very high. It's just a fighting type with a 3 or 4 additional weaknesses, not to mention it's HIGHLY weak vs flying moves, whereas a fighting type like Medicham can take a hit from a flying type. I suppose halting evolution until it learns spore makes it semi useful, but when compared to Cradily, there is no competition in my opinion. As for fire types, I'd recommend Torkoal (Found in firery path) until you get to Mt. Pyre and can catch vulpix (I'd prefer Ninetales over Torkoal). Hope this helps.

I started my Sapphire over the other day, I just caught Kyogre. Now I'm spending time trying to improve my team, I don't think I can take on Wallace with where it is now:

Gardevior - Lv 38
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball (I screwed up on this one... forgot it used Atk and not Sp. Atk)

Flygon - Lv 45
    Crunch
    Dragonbreath
    Fly
    Sand Tomb (Considering Earthquake, but it's female and couldn't pass the skill on)

Torchic - Lv 42
    Slash
    Ember (Will be replaced with Flamethrower next level, then I can evolve)
    Quick Attack
    Mirror Move

Lileep - Lv 24
    Astonish
    Constrict (Considering Giga Drain)
    Acid (Considering Sludge Bomb)
    Ingrain

Gyarados - Lv 26
    This is only an hm slave, I'm not too fond of gyarados' Sp Atk.

I'm probably going to hunt feebas today, my team is in dire need of a Milotic. Other than that, the plan is to evolve my torchic and my lileep. I haven't decided who to add as my 6th pokemon. Salamence is overpopular, thus turning me away from it. We shall see...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Your team seems fine for the time being. I'd recommend replacing Taillow with Skarmory later (Route 113). And if you're looking for an electric type, Voltorb will work well (I'd say Magnemite, but if you have Skarmory on deck then you don't want another steel type). If you don't like Voltorb, evolve your Ralts into Gardevoir and teach it thunderbolt (thats what I'm using now, its a good substitute for an electric type and it frees up some space in your party). Later, I'd highly recommend replacing Shroomish/Breloom with Lileep/Cradily (Revived from root fossil found in the dessert above Mauville City). I used to use Breloom, but it outlives it's usefullness later on considering how it's Sp. Atk is not very high. It's just a fighting type with a 3 or 4 additional weaknesses, not to mention it's HIGHLY weak vs flying moves, whereas a fighting type like Medicham can take a hit from a flying type. I suppose halting evolution until it learns spore makes it semi useful, but when compared to Cradily, there is no competition in my opinion. As for fire types, I'd recommend Torkoal (Found in firery path) until you get to Mt. Pyre and can catch vulpix (I'd prefer Ninetales over Torkoal). Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks for all the advice, it's appreciated. I'll definitely teach Thunderbolt to Gardevoir, and I'll consider using Lileep/Cradily - I've never actually used it before. I was planning on grabbing a Vulpix later on, it's just pretty far away now, that's all.

But yeah, thanks :)

Armykid

Former Champion
    Years
  • wow, thanks silversmeargle =P. Anyway today i'm gonna try to get shiny abra in leaf green using the game corner method. Wish me luck and i'll tell u my progress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back