• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nightmare Fuel

pkmin3033

What is the weirdest, most disturbing, or outright terrifying enemy and/or boss you've ever encountered in a video game? What made it so memorable to you? Bonus points if it has a backstory to go with its design.

TY

Most terrifying thing in my life to see at turn 1

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Sure, it looks sort of cool, but Ba'al iii; Apparati is just as nightmarish. The strangest part is that no one talks about how it has FETUSES in those test tube legs. All of the Ba'als look pretty creepy to some degree, but this one takes the cake as the most nightmarish thing to come out of the Bravely series.

Spoiler:

The Telethia from Xenoblade Chronicles sort of freak me out, too, considering their true nature late in the game. Especially the type I posted above.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    eyy it's Simone!

The only two that come to mind are the Flowey boss battle from Undertale and The Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls.

because sharing is caring:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    The Banshees from Fable 2, because while fighting them, they realize your character is being controlled, and they start talking to you through the screen.

I also think the real life myth about them is one of the scariest, so that contributes.

Back