• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you been playing G/S VC non-stop?

Years
I sadly haven't touched Gold for a long time. I think it's in large part due to how busy I am irl, and it's also in part because I think the hype for GS VC is kinda dying down a fair bit, so there's no real reason for me to pick it back up again, sadly.

Another part of it is that the Johto half feels like it seriously drags on until at least the 7th or 8th Gym or so. It's kinda crazy how I'm at the 5th or 6th Gym and yet I only have about three or four Pokemon as a part of my main team. :s

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The hype has died yea :( For me it isn't really the hype loss it is more lack of time/freedom lol Like I am SO wanting to play I just don't have the time. It's sad!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
No, actually, and that's not due to lack of interest. This is the absolute first time that my ears have been hurting due to the high notes in the music. Even though I've been playing Silver on cartridge for years, this has never happened before. And it's so bad to the point that I have to keep the volume really low or completely down, taking away half of the fun of replaying these games. I know they adjusted some things in the VC versions but I don't understand why upping the intensity of the higher pitches was a thing they did. It's stopped me from continuing for the moment and that's really unfortunate.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I played it a lot the first two weeks or so, but my interest declined rather quickly after winning the 16th Gym Badge. I am not really that bothered to beat Red.

It is funny that despite the game being pretty big (for its time, I guess?), it felt a little short.
I really dunno what else to do on it as I surely am not going to get them all and have no one to trade with to get as many as possible to a full Dex.

So yeah, the hype went quite the anti-climatic route.

Schwabs

Meme Master
Years
I have been playing pretty steadily, just got to Mt. Silver. I find time to play, regardless of responsibilities!

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
I have just beat RED in my SUN version and now want to take a break from it and have been thinking about starting R/B/Y again since I have the BLUE 2DS version with them all.

However I just noticed G/S are now downloadable too!! So tonight I will be downloading Gold version.

Also as I am using the PokeBank, playing through Gold gives me another goal as I can add the Pokemon to my SUN version once finished.

Back