• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Super Emerald

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm JaySwizzle, and today I thought I'd share a project I'm working on with you all.

Take note, I am very new to romhacking, so please don't be too critical on me -- but I also hope that I can make my project appealing to players.

Anyway, presenting...

Pokemon Super Emerald!

It is a more difficult version of Emerald, with some gym leaders gaining a new team, or at least one new Poke, along with better movesets.

Here's a scope of what you're getting into:

Gym Leaders have higher lvl Pokes with better moves (IE Norman has a Linoone with E-Speed and Belly Drum now)
E4 are in the mid 50's , the Champion is mid 60's , Steven has mid 80's.
Grinding will be necessary for this game (though I plan to bump up wild Pokemon levels to make grinding not as incredibly tedious as it is right now)
Some minor remapping will be done to Hoenn.

Things to add in the future:
New maps/areas
more gift Pokemon
more legendary Pokemon to encounter
redo some gym puzzles (maybe, not sure yet)
buff wild Pokemon and regular trainer levels
add new trainers from other regions (also a maybe, undecided on this one)
decapitalization

I'm making this game as a tribute to the Altair/Sirius series, with making an existing game more difficult than usual, and I figured I'd go for a more... simple project as my first official romhack.

Screenshots:
Pokemon_Super_Emerald_04.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_0.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_1.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_2.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_3.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_4.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald.png

Pokemon_Super_Emerald_02.png

(I don't want to spoil gym leader fights too hard, so this is all I will provide for now)

I will also try to keep the game's download link as up-to-date as I can, releasing the game with a new version each time. Right now, the game is at version 1.0

With the final version of the game, I plan to have way more minor remapping done, along with making it possible to get all 386 Pokemon in-game (which may require mapping and using a script editor, something iunno how to do yet).

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35wxndryerp2euq/Pokemon Super Emerald.ips?dl=0

(Well because I forgot to read the rules properly the first time, I had to redo this part of the post. So my bad there! And more screenshots were added this time, yay me!)

Also I am literally working on this by myself right now, trying to learn as much as I can.
But if anyone is interested in beta-testing or just joining me in the project, please feel free to let me know, and I hope you all enjoy this project.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
I hope you all enjoy this project; and thank you to those who gave it likes, your support is appreciated.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Oh and I may consider making a discord server for this game, too (also for any other romhacks I work on in the future).

If you guys would be interested in that, let me know.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Oh I also just realized -- how does patching a game over into another language work?

Do they take the original ips and just slap it to another rom and then edit that, or what?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Oh and I may consider making a discord server for this game, too (also for any other romhacks I work on in the future).

If you guys would be interested in that, let me know.
TBH, i don't think there are not many player will join discord. And your hack does not have much attentions yet.
i have some question: Does your hack has Physical/Special Split? Fairy type? New moves from gen 4,5,6? New Pokemon from newer gen?
I hope you will succeed. Keep up your work, bro!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
TBH, i don't think there are not many player will join discord. And your hack does not have much attentions yet.
i have some question: Does your hack has Physical/Special Split? Fairy type? New moves from gen 4,5,6? New Pokemon from newer gen?
I hope you will succeed. Keep up your work, bro!

Fairy type is most likely not gonna happen --
but if Physical/Special split can be implemented into Emerald, then I can try to make that part happen at least.
As for new moves? (maybe)
New Pokemon? (No -- but I may throw in a Gen 8 reference)

It's okay if I don't have a lot of attention yet, I just leave that there for people regardless. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
I have some bad news, I won't be able to work on this project until I get a new computer. I lost pretty much all of the files I had for this project, so 2020 is probably when I'll be able to work on it again.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
I'm also thinking of dropping the name 'Super' for 'Enhanced' -- it sounds a lot better imo and fits the game's theme.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I guess you could call your hack Enhanced Emerald but there is already a hack that came out this year and is still getting updated called Emerald Enhanced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't post links yet but its right here on Pokemon Community.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I guess you could call your hack Enhanced Emerald but there is already a hack that came out this year and is still getting updated called Emerald Enhanced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't post links yet but its right here on Pokemon Community.
It's on the same page as this thread. They're both on the front page of the "Sideshow Showcase" subforum.

OP, that'd be a very bad idea. I don't think Ryuhouji would appreciate you renaming it to that. If anything, you'd make things worse off for both of you, since people wouldn't be able to easily differentiate between the two hacks when talking about them.

Back