• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's My Most Valuable Neo Gen 2 Card?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Just re-looked though a video I did showing my rare Pokemon card collection. I know that Charizard is the most valuable gen 1 card I have but don't know about the rarest gen 2 care I own. I'll post the link on here to see what you think with the cards written underneath. Gen 2 starts at 6:34.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DV9Kcdgr4

1. Feraligator 1
    2. Feraligator 2
    3. Houndoom
    4. Espeon
    5. Dark Feraligator (Couldn't Stop Getting Him Back In The Day)
    6. Politoed
    7. Tyranitar
    8. Umbreon
    9. Yanma
    10. Electabuzz

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You might want to reevaluate those. I'll give you top 3 most expensive cards from each Neo set. Unless you were talking about the cards that you specifically own, in which case, nevermind me lol.

From Neo Destiny
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Shining Charizard (107/105) - $700 to $1100
    • 1st Edition, PSA Gem Mint 10, Shining Kabutops (108/105) - $400
    • 1st Edition, NM, Shining Tyranitar (113/105) - $200 to $400
    From Neo Discovery:
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Espeon (1/75) - $160 + 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Umbreon (13/75) - $160
    • 1st Edition, PSA Gem Mint 10, Magnemite (14/75) - $100 + 1st Edition, PSA Gem Mint 10, Unown A (14/75) - $100
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Politoed (8/75) - $80
    From Neo Genesis:
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Typhlosion (18/111) - $100
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Meganium (11/111) - $90
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Lugia (9/111) - $80
    From Neo Revelations:
    • 1st Edition, non-graded NM, Shining Gyarados (65/64) - $200
    • 1st Edition, non-graded NM, Shining Magikarp (66/64) - $130
    • 1st Edition, PSA Mint 9, Raikou (13/64) - $120

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ah, okay then! My bad, sorry for the misunderstanding. Best of luck to you! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    I remember my cousin saying that shiny Yanma card was very rare when first getting it back in about 2001.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, quick notes on your Gen 2 portion: the two bursting star like things stacked is the Neo Destiny symbol (the one on Dark Feraligatr). The pyramid with the steps is Neo Discovery, not Neo Genesis. Genesis is the double white stars side by side. The crown looking one is Neo Revelations.

The Yanma card isn't very rare, btw. That rumor your cousin mentioned probably stems from Yanma being rare in GSC because you basically had to wait for a swarm to catch one otherwise its odds were at like 0.1% for encounters. In comparison, the card was much more common, only being about as rare as other non-Shining holo rares from the set. Based on what you showed, the E-Reader cards toward the end of the binder might actually have your rarest cards currently, if any of them have a rarity of holo rare or higher - it's much harder to find the last 4 Wizards of the Coast sets, which are the first 4 sets with E-Reader codes printed on them, than it is any of the Neo era sets.

That said, of what you've shown, it looks like Espeon specifically is your most valuable, and because of that, arguably your rarest given the amount of money you'd have to shell out to replace it relative to your other cards. Is your Umbreon a holo as well or no?

Back