• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Cannot open script champion FireRed

sylingga

Red Everywhere
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hello, i need help for advanced map v1.95

I want to edit script for champion battle GREEN and OAK speech on FireRed, but i cannot open script with advanced map version 1.95
    Why i cannot edit?
    Do i need other editor?

Thank you

Script-Champion.png

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @sylingga

You probably need to check the level scripts. If you don't know what those are, check Anthroyd Gen III ROM Hacking tutorials concerning scripting.

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    @sylingga

You probably need to check the level scripts. If you don't know what those are, check Anthroyd Gen III ROM Hacking tutorials concerning scripting.

Thank you, will search it 🙏

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    You need XSE (a script editor) and register it to advance map which should be in options (in A-map)

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    You need XSE (a script editor) and register it to advance map which should be in options (in A-map)

i alreade done that.
    i can see and view other script, but not Rival and Oak when on champion room.

Some said i need to look it at level script / head script on other place.
    i still looking it.

thanks for the advice

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    if the script box is only 0s that means the scripts are a level script like you mentioned. I wouldn't use 1.95 as it's apparently the most buggy version besides missing some features like the world map editor.

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    if the script box is only 0s that means the scripts are a level script like you mentioned. I wouldn't use 1.95 as it's apparently the most buggy version besides missing some features like the world map editor.

I'm still searching the script haha.
    So, its better using 1.92 ?
    thanks for tha advice

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm still searching the script haha.
    So, its better using 1.92 ?
    thanks for tha advice

for the most part yes 1.92 is the safest version (although it obviously still have issues) Here's the script offset for the rival in the champion room: 162B76 and for oaks speech in the hall of fame: 162D70

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    for the most part yes 1.92 is the safest version (although it obviously still have issues) Here's the script offset for the rival in the champion room: 162B76 and for oaks speech in the hall of fame: 162D70

Sorry i still dont know how to search script offset location with advance map.
    Can you show the tutorial for that?
    thanks

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Sorry i still dont know how to search script offset location with advance map.
    Can you show the tutorial for that?
    thanks
    In the header tab in Advance map there are the level scripts, simply open the champion/hall of fame room and you'll see the scripts in the header tab like so:
    vOGjBQ9.png

Last edited:

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    In the header tab in Advance map there are the level scripts, simply open the champion/hall of fame room and you'll see the scripts in the header tab like so:
    vOGjBQ9.png

I try to look it, and find this.
    is it the champion battle right?

Spoiler:

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
    Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I try to look it, and find this.
    is it the champion battle right?