• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Starting with a full pokedex

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all,

I have a question concerning the pokedex.
    Is there a way to make your protagonist have a full (seen not caught) pokedex at the start of the game when he/she gets the pokedex? If yes, how?

I would like my game to start with the first 151 pokemon seen in the pokedex.

Years
  • Of course you can!
    It depends of the ROM base you're using too. I will explain how works in Fire Red (im FR hacker, i don't know how it works or if its the same method in other bases).

There's one special which let's you do this, concretly the $163. It will register the pokémon you setted in the var $8004. An example to register Bulbasaur:

Code:
    setvar 0x8004 0x1
    special 0x163
    If u want to register the first 151 pokémon, then i recommend u to use a loop to save space and make it more comfortable (don't forget to enable the pokédex with the 0x829 flag!).

See ya! Miau revoir~.

PD: If you need some help with the loop tell me, but it's pretty easy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I already thought it would be quite easy:) Thanks;) I just recently started making my hack and I'm currently working on the graphics and have no idea about scripts yet, but if I have any questions I will let you know!

Back