• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Action Replay

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
Years
  • Ok, I am a perfectionist.

Therefore, I must complete my pokedex (or the sinnoh one atleast)
    and I MUST have Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin.

I know you only have to "see" the pokemon to complete it. I know you dont "have" to see the 3 event legendaries. I know you can use action replay. I know you can go to a nintendo event.

But being a perfectionist, I have to have Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin anyway. Don't ask me why.

Since I do not have Wi-Fi, and I dont have access to any pokemon events, I was wondering what you people think about the AR.

I am against cheating, but I HAVE to have those legendaries to feel that I have completed the sinnoh pokedex. So do you think that AR is cheating, or just "assisting" the game to obtain something, that I cannot normally obtain?

Also, if I do go to a nintendo event, they will just put a code into my game to get me the items to get those pokemon anyway. So is their really a difference?

Thank you, and please take time to come up with a good answer for my questions!:classic:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I know you only have to "see" the pokemon to complete it. I know you dont "have" to see the 3 event legendaries. I know you can use action replay. I know you can go to a nintendo event.
    I believe completing the National Dex doesn't count if you only see them, you need to have caught them.

I am against cheating, but I HAVE to have those legendaries to feel that I have completed the sinnoh pokedex.
    The three legendaries aren't part of the Sinnoh Dex, they're part of the National Dex.

So do you think that AR is cheating, or just "assisting" the game to obtain something, that I cannot normally obtain?
    Well using an AR is cheating, no matter what you do. Getting Arceus, Shaymin and Darkrai, is cheating through AR or any other sort of cheating device.

I understand where you're coming from though. Who has the time to go to the Nintendo Events when they aren't in a convienient place to travel to at the time. I haven't seen any sort of event happen here in New Zealand beforehand, and I don't expect any to come at all. Getting the legends by AR is technically classified as cheating, but coming from the point of "Why should I travel by plane, wasting even more money just to get a Pokemon?" should seem alright. There is a difference between getting the Pokemon at the Event instead of hacking, and one example is the Darkrai Event, yet to be released. Darkrai has exclusive attacks, different to those that you'd find hacked with the modifier code or event code.

There are others who would disagree with this, saying that cheating is cheating and thus, you should be banned for doing so, but that can't be helped. I mean... am I really meant to travel halfway around the world just to get one Pokemon on my game??

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
  • Thanks

I believe completing the National Dex doesn't count if you only see them, you need to have caught them.

The three legendaries aren't part of the Sinnoh Dex, they're part of the National Dex.

Well using an AR is cheating, no matter what you do. Getting Arceus, Shaymin and Darkrai, is cheating through AR or any other sort of cheating device.

I understand where you're coming from though. Who has the time to go to the Nintendo Events when they aren't in a convienient place to travel to at the time. I haven't seen any sort of event happen here in New Zealand beforehand, and I don't expect any to come at all. Getting the legends by AR is technically classified as cheating, but coming from the point of "Why should I travel by plane, wasting even more money just to get a Pokemon?" should seem alright. There is a difference between getting the Pokemon at the Event instead of hacking, and one example is the Darkrai Event, yet to be released. Darkrai has exclusive attacks, different to those that you'd find hacked with the modifier code or event code.

There are others who would disagree with this, saying that cheating is cheating and thus, you should be banned for doing so, but that can't be helped. I mean... am I really meant to travel halfway around the world just to get one Pokemon on my game??

Thanks Flavaquil, I mean I really hate cheating. I never cheat on pokemon if I can get the pokemon. But when I can't get the pokemon, without traveling across the U.S. then what am I to do? If somebody can convince me that it isnt bad to use the AR, if it's an event pokemon, and it would just be considered assisting me to obtain that pokemon, then I will probably use it.

Back