• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
Years
  • The pokeball disappearing I thought was on earlier versions of videos.

Apparantly that was just a beta glitch and is no more the case.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • ON PURPOSE???????
    No, no.... Lazy programers
    Nintendo, and Gamefreak need to stay longer in front of their computers making better Pokemon games, and using at last 70% of Wii´s power!
    A GameCube can run this kind of game. Make pokemon and Wii a worth-a-try, for new gamers.

And a GOOD story line would make a better game, get it?

No, the pokeball´s glitch stills there, on the present game.
    Some people bought it and have already played while recording with a camera.
    These people created videos on youtube, generaly named Pokemon Battle Revolution gameplay 1,2,3...............
    And this glitch was there.

I wanted to see a PS3 crusher game, using all features a Wii can offer. (I know a PS3 have more power, but I´m talking about inovation)
    But all I and everyone get is a feature-less game.
    Being a pokemon fan since 1997 (10 years!), I want pokemon to have a bright future, but not with that kind of crap game.
    Belive it or not I hate Sony and M$, and I´m saying that´s a crap game based on games FROM NINTENDO not from PS2 or XBOX or whatever.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • ON PURPOSE???????
    No, no.... Lazy programers
    Nintendo, and Gamefreak need to stay longer in front of their computers making better Pokemon games, and using at last 70% of Wii´s power!
    A GameCube can run this kind of game. Make pokemon and Wii a worth-a-try, for new gamers.

And a GOOD story line would make a better game, get it?

No, the pokeball´s glitch stills there, on the present game.
    Some people bought it and have already played while recording with a camera.
    These people created videos on youtube, generaly named Pokemon Battle Revolution gameplay 1,2,3...............
    And this glitch was there.

I wanted to see a PS3 crusher game, using all features a Wii can offer. (I know a PS3 have more power, but I´m talking about inovation)
    But all I and everyone get is a feature-less game.
    Being a pokemon fan since 1997 (10 years!), I want pokemon to have a bright future, but not with that kind of crap game.
    Belive it or not I hate Sony and M$, and I´m saying that´s a crap game based on games FROM NINTENDO not from PS2 or XBOX or whatever.
    I think the Poke Balls were made that way on purpose in that arena.
    And the graphics look state-of-the-art to me. Besides, I really do not see ANY evidence whatsoever that since Colo they were using N64 models. They just round off the sharp corners.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • And use the same models from the previous games is not good thing.
    Imagine they using the same models from Super Mario World (for SNES) on Super Mario Galaxy for Wii ?;)

And they remade some pokemons, Charizard looks like real compared to Stadium version
    But most of the pokemons were just the same (with no round ups) from the previous versions... They use light effects to make them look round, but that´s not the case on Charizard for example.

My friend bought a Wii yesterday, with it, he got a magazine showing next releases for the console, and he said Pokemon Battle Revolution was on that magazine and had the SAME graphics of Pokemon Colosseum, with a very few changes.
    He also said that on a computer screen the game looks amazing, but in a HD print it looks very bad.

U can notice these sharp corners when the game use a zoom on the arena and battlers.
    Look at the pictures I took from the video, when there´s a zoom on the pokeball it looks more like a cube than a ball(picture 1), but when the camera is far from it(picture 2 and 3) the pokeball looks amazing.
    The same happens with the trainers and the pokemons.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    Imagine they using the same models from Super Mario World (for SNES) on Super Mario Galaxy for Wii ?;)
    You know how long it would take to Re-model 386 pokemon? i like the decision they made just to fix the WORST ones and just leave the ok ones alone so they could work on the game and make a earlier release date.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • That´s true...
    But the Pokemon Company is rich, veeeeeeeeeeery rich, and can pay for more and better
    3D modelers. Besides it´s not a game full of arenas and places, so it should be more easy to make than a normal RPG like Final Fantasy.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • I'm still gonna buy it though, even if it is crap.
    Basically it was intended for those people like older people who still believed that pokemon was real, and making stuff like stories about how that person saw a Linoone, he mistook it for a skunk or something.

I got the other 2 (Xd and Colluseium (mispelt coll...)). It couldn't finish it, tooooo bored!

jmb_jolteon

email:joshuamb_1994@html. com
    Years
  • i think its supposed to be different and i dont like how its like stadium and i think it should have a storyline it would be more interesting and more people would buy it its the same as stadium but with new pokemon so its pretty lame

thats a good idea about a smash bros version it would be better than dis one and i love super smash bros

Last edited by a moderator:

jmb_jolteon

email:joshuamb_1994@html. com
    Years
    You know how long it would take to Re-model 386 pokemon? i like the decision they made just to fix the WORST ones and just leave the ok ones alone so they could work on the game and make a earlier release date.

hey i agree 2 if they remodeled them all whed have to wait like another year and by then people would have lost interest in it

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Avoid quoting long posts, please. Also, don't double post - one post, edited to address another person, is enough.
    OK, sorry for that...
    i dont like how its like stadium and i think it should have a storyline
    A good storyline this time, because the previous versions are just crap.

Features BR should have:

*Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald compatibility
    *Box system, Item storage, etc.
    *Something like a stadium´s GB tower
    *Full rounded graphics
    *Full re-modeled pokemons
    *Story mode (with a good story line)
    *Chat function, using a DS as a microphone
    *MMORPG mode (massive multi player on-line RPG mode) that would be AMAZING !:cool:

That´s a lot, huh? But a double layered DVD can solve this problem :D
    if they remodeled them all whed have to wait like another year and by then people would have lost interest in it
    I would wait for 3 years to see a game like I said in this same topic. Wait longer to see a better game is not a bad idea to me.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • That´s getting interesting!
    But can u battle as Brendam, May, Red, etc? Or just those trainers from PBR?

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • But I don´t see this feature in other videos...
    Where did u found that information?

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • Ok, you try to prevent me from buying it 0.0? J/k, I still like the game heaps, but don't forget youtube videos suck in general, I think you should try a demo or something to get an idea what the game is like..In any case, I'll buy it!

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • YOUTUBE = death

Don't trust the Youtube, for it shall betray you the most.
    Don't love the Youtube, for it has no compassion.
    Don't use the Youtube, for it is merely using you.
    Don't watch the Youtube, because the quality sucks.

THE FOUR LAWS OF YOUTUBE!

Anyways, even if Pokemon Company was rich, do you know how hard it is just to model 3D characters and do all these features? They even listen to our complaints and build on those problems (although they haven't made a G/S/C remake :( ). Also, Nintendo isn't trying to focus on graphics, they're trying to focus on gameplay. Therefore, Wii graphics look a bit similar to GC graphics, but nobody (should) care.

Plus, DL DVDs cost some money for Nintendo, even though it may not seem like much to us. :(

Hopefully they don't mess up and produce some sort of crap like Michael's eyeballs in Pokemon XD. That title alone deserves a laugh. It even has a laugh in it, unless you like to call it Xtra-Dimension :(

Who knows, Pokemon Diamond might even unlock a new Pokemon from Pokemon Battle Revolution, or vice versa (totally off the point, but possibility)

... The construction isn't that bad either.

[/endrant]

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • YOUTUBE = death

Don't trust the Youtube, for it shall betray you the most.
    Don't love the Youtube, for it has no compassion.
    Don't use the Youtube, for it is merely using you.
    Don't watch the Youtube, because the quality sucks.

THE FOUR LAWS OF YOUTUBE!

xD That is among the funiest things I've ever seen.

But you know, no single game is perfect and will never be. I'm sure we all agree BR has better graphics design and such then Colosseum/XD based on trustable pictures we've seen..even if the graphics suck I will buy it.

*Prepares an angry mob for the first person who's gonna say "BR sucks"*

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Nintendo isn't trying to focus on graphics, they're trying to focus on gameplay. Therefore, Wii graphics look a bit similar to GC graphics, but nobody (should) care.
    I know Nintendo focus on gameplay, but I´m talking about PBR...
    Do you really think Game Freak is focusing on game play? Or graphics? Or whatever?
    No, they aren´t. They aren´t even focusing in us ! Because if they did, they would listen to our ideas, our stories, pay attention in our characters, pokemons, and EVERYTHING!
    I was reading the complains about the 4th generation of pokemons, and they are right, most of the new pokemons looks like a 4 years old kid drawn!

Interesting to notice that I saw MOST OF THE VIDEOS FROM IGN, not from youtube.

do all these features?
    Wich features???????????
    That´s a Stadium with 2 or 3 new features! (Wi-fi battles, wireless connection with a DS, and customing trainers) what else?
    Do they even use the most inovative part of the Wii? The wii-mote is only to select options in menus! It should be used to trow a pokeball, or something like that.
    This game is CRAP and don´t use 40 % of a Wii to run it.

I saw the entire topic, searching for evidences of the compatibility PBR/GBA, but I found only IDEIAS, not information from Nintendo.

I´m sorry guys but I still with the same opinion: PBR is crap.

**Prepares an blind mob for one of the people who´s going to say "BR is awesome"**

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back