• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad graphics? Bad construction? Bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
  • I think so!
    I was watching some battles on youtube, and I noticed something disturbing...

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!
    In other battles u can notice the same bad construction...

*They use the cries from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*There´s no storage system (Box system, item storage, etc)

*The arena destruction (showed in the first video preview) was removed.

*There´s no story mode (although XD and colosseum´s story line is crap)

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?

Last edited:

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • After i read your post i went over to youtube and checked out a couple of their battle revolution videos... and dude, they suck. maybe i was looking at the wrong videos but it's damn-near impossible to judge the quality of the game when the quality of the videos are so poor.

neway, i think the Pokemon company is stuck in an age-range trap. the gameplay, storyline and perhaps even attention to detail are all geared to people a lot younger. I think what they are trying to do is keep the game play relatively simple so little kiddies can grasp "complex" concepts quickly, and nearly identical to the game play of the original gameboy titles.

the truly young aren't going to be any more impressed if they're Pokemon games are in HD, they just want to see the super cool effects when their Pokemon attacks. they aren't as interested in a decent story line, they just want to see Pokemon battle. and that's what we get in these 64bit+ games. the story never really changes but the special effects from attacks get better-looking every time.

eh In my opinion, this has never worked for Nintendo... ever.. ever... ever... i XD was a good attempt at something new but i think they should really try to make a version of pokemon for the wii that is both marketable to kids in grades 8 - 11 and enjoyable to children in grades 4 - 7.. i would like to see a super smash bros version of pokemon... pure pokemon butt-kick.. i think that would be a smash hit.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • I think so!

*Although some pokemons looks fine (Charizard, Venusaur), others are COMPLETELY SQUARE !(Ledyan, Arcanine) Exectaly those from Stadium!

*In a battle with a Charizard against a Crobat, if u look to the background, there´s a fountain with a blue pokeball over it. That pokeball is a hexagon!

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

*The pokeball disapears in the trainer´s hand when the Pokemon is defeated.

*There´s no storage system

*Although u can dress up your trainer, you can´t change the face or the hair cut or color of your trainer. And games like the first "The Sims" can do it very well...

I hope the next Pokemon release they change these details...
    It´s not as good as I spected...
    What do you think?
    Spoiler:

Either you're an elitist or a pessimist but this game is FREAKIN' AWESOME!
    (The Wii is a 256-bit system, whilst the GCN is 128.)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Either you're an elitist or a pessimist but this game is FREAKIN' AWESOME!
    (The Wii is a 256-bit system, whilst the GCN is 128.)
    None of them.

(PS: since Dreamcast, there´s no "bits" concept.)

Sure, there´re great features on this games like the Wi-fi battle mode.
    The attacks are really amazing, I loved Blast Burn, Surf and Solar Bean;)
    For the first time in the pokemon history, u can dress yourself.
    The pokemons touch eachother, etc.

I like pokemon since 1997, and now I´m 16 years old, I think Nintendo don´t get the idea:
    Pokemon fans are getting older...
    I would love to see some kick ass features, the pokemon smash bros idea is great!:cool:

the truly young aren't going to be any more impressed if they're Pokemon games are in HD
    YES THEY WILL...
    My 9 years old little bro said so.
    The graphics could be better, he hated when I showed the BR´s Arcanine...
    He loves that pokemon, and the Arcanine was exactaly the same from STADIUM 1.

These graphics are almost the same found on PS2, and The pokemon company is fu#%@%$@ rich, and can pay for better 3D modelers.

I am tired of people saying their is no storage system in the game. According to Serebii their is.
    No THERE ISN´t.
    You can save your 6 pokemon party in the controller, BUT you can´t store them like in Ruby´s box system, get it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think the graphics are great, but as ive said all along graphics dont make a game, its gameplay that does it, thats nintendos aim...although the wii graphics are brilliant its focusing more on gamplay wich is why i admire them, unlike microsoft or sony focusing there games on ''older'' gamers, and i cant wait for PBR to come out over here in the uk....But everyone has there opinion so i cant really argue...

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Just like I said, some look awesome, others look really bad.
    I really hated when I saw my darling Arcanine (I love fire types) just like the ones from stadium, but seems that the newest generation of pokemons has perfect graphics, the ones from Ruby generation are nearly the same from XD, and most of the first pokemons are just the same found on N64´s games.

Looks like the arena isn´t affected by attacks anymore...
    I could only see this feature in first released teaser for the game... (the one with Deoxys ,Groudon, pikachu and Wailord)

The graphics are the same found on Dreamcast (1999) in my opinion, not because of poor quality of videos (because I saw them on IGN), but because the graphics of the game are really poor.

I hope they change these problems in the next release for Wii.

Years
  • well ive just looked up some videos on some websites, the graphics are pretty darn good. very great detail and quality of the lighting in battle revolution.man i cannot wait for it to come out.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • I think the graphics are fine, the new Pokémon look plain awesome and the old ones have been made a lot smoother and totally remodelled in some cases.

I enjoyed Stadium - the mini-games were nice but the main reason I played it was for the challenge of battling through the cups. I'm glad that's the sort of thing I'll be able to do here as I always loved that! Yeah, mini-games would have been nice but they're not a selling point for me.

--FG

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
    Years
  • I think yes that there should be better graphics for Wii, the graphics arent like realistic (I know its Pokemon) but it looks too outdated, looks too shoddy. I think they should really do it like Final Fantasy graphics in the players.

And yes they should make the games more complicated for the old Pokemon gamers that were there when Blue came out!

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • Although i noticed these details, I´m still going to buy a Wii and a BR game.
    Pokemon battles are my favorite kind of game and, u see, I can play with people around the world with it.;)
    I wonderif the chat function from diamond & pearl still alive in this game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The graphics are the same found on Dreamcast (1999) in my opinion

acrof said:
    These graphics are almost the same found on PS2

...The two are different. Which is it?

acrof said:
    I think so!

......Which models are you looking at? I don't see that at all.

That's actually probably intended. They did a similar thing in the GCN games.

*They use the voices from GameBoy, not like in Stadium 2, where they use remakes.

"voices from GameBoy"?? SINCE WHEN DID THE GB GAMES HAVE VOICES!!!???????

...Uh...define "disapears"

I refer to Red1530.

Then why complain?

I've seen a bunch of different haircuts and faces for the trainers. Again, what videos are you watching?

(I'm getting a wave of deja vu...in a bad way)

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • Well since i never owned any of the pokemon console games (but i played stadium at my friends place it rocked my sox!,metaphorically speaking) i gotta say the pokemon models are darn good! especially pikachu. and there are storage systems! i trust serebii.net 100% but were gonna have to wait until it comes out.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
  • -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acrof
    The graphics are the same found on Dreamcast (1999) in my opinion

Quote:
    These graphics are almost the same found on PS2

...The two are different. Which is it?

Quote:
    I think so!

......Which models are you looking at? I don't see that at all.

That's actually probably intended. They did a similar thing in the GCN games.

"voices from GameBoy"?? SINCE WHEN DID THE GB GAMES HAVE VOICES!!!???????
    OK, not voices. Cries of the pokemons.:D

...Uh...define "disapears"
    What about I SHOW you?

I refer to Red1530.
    So you can save like in GBA games???? (Box system, item storage)

Then why complain?
    Because that would make a better game

I've seen a bunch of different haircuts and faces for the trainers. Again, what videos are you watching?Those from IGN and Youtube

(I'm getting a wave of deja vu...in a bad way)
    Here is the link for the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPWmM0vqws

Here are pics from this video, showing some graphic problems:
    The pokesquare:
    pokball.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    -
    Here is the link for the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPWmM0vqws

Here are pics from this video, showing some graphic problems:
    The pokesquare:
    pokball.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

......You're complaining about that!?? 0.0;;;

Geez...and, I said it before: THEY MADE THE POKEBALL LIKE THAT ON PURPOSE.

And, again, if you didn't like the storyline from XD & Colosseum, then why would you want it in PBR? How would that make it "a better game"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back