• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you imagine other planets landscape?

Years
  • This should be an interesting topic for the first thread. How do you imagine other planets landscape?

By that I mean the geography, skies, and possible life on other planets. You may or may not have recalled when the 7 new planets were discovered earlier this year. (https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/...h-of-earth-size-habitable-zone-planets-around). 3 of those are considered earth-like.

Illustrations like these really got my imagination going.

Spoiler:

I always imagine other earthlike planets sort of like earth, but with untouched natural ecosystems and vastly different species flourishing there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've always been fascinated in any video game where I could walk under a sky with several moons or suns or other planets visible. That would feel so amazing and scary at the same time, being used to a sky with only our tiny moon compadre.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Anything where you can see other planets super close in the sky is amazing. The fact that a person on the new NASA planets could see all the other planets in the system from the ground is absolutely incredible and makes me want to go live on one of them immediately. Also planets with off-coloured terrain/grass/etc like red grass (wooo Gallifrey) looks really sick as well. I've seen a lot of really cool conceptualizations of places like this, if I find some photos from a while back I'll post them because holy shit there are some beautiful ones.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I mostly imagine icy planets, like the moons around Jupiter and Saturn, or Earth-like planets.
    The light of a different sun could be weird, like a red dwarf star.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • kinda depends, while i do visualize some planets as deserts, crystal forests or even dence forests in general, it all depends on how close it is 2 the star it is orbiting, the chemical make up of the planatary body and atmospheric contents

although, visiting a crystal forest while its early in sunrise and having a nice purple fog sounds absolutely wonderful, wear a resporator

User19sq

Similar to Earth's. But I'm hopeful for new features, like:

-Magnetic fields that allow for floating continents
    -Tangible clouds with life sustained on/in them
    -Beautiful weather caused by the terrain, like glowing stuff or auroras
    I've always been fascinated in any video game where I could walk under a sky with several moons or suns or other planets visible. That would feel so amazing and scary at the same time, being used to a sky with only our tiny moon compadre.

In case I haven't said it before: Xenoblade X.

Back