• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Thread getting denied?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Hello!

I have a strange issue today, for whatever reason I thread I'm trying to post in "Progressing Hacks" is getting denied. The first time it went through and was deleted later, I understood why because I accidentally marked it as a Red hack instead of a FireRed hack. However, after that point I re-submitted it with proper info and it was never accepted. The only reason I can think of is that I sent a link to the download instead of attaching it, but that's only because it's not just a straight IPS file (Although it's entirely legal still). Any help?

Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your post distributed ROMs in the included patcher, and you've clearly not read Progressing Hack's rules because you did not include enough adequate screenshots (for starters, your threads only had four instead of the minimum of six, and even then two of them weren't valid).

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Your post distributed ROMs in the included patcher, and you've clearly not read Progressing Hack's rules because you did not include enough adequate screenshots (for starters, your threads only had four instead of the minimum of six, and even then two of them weren't valid).

Okay first of all no it doesn't include roms, try and download it and you'll see. However I didn't include enough screenshots, so that's my fault. All the launcher does is download an IPS however.

Years
  • Okay first of all no it doesn't include roms, try and download it and you'll see. However I didn't include enough screenshots, so that's my fault. All the launcher does is download an IPS however.

My bad for assuming, although I fail to see the practical use in including a bloated downloader for something that can be easily done.

Either way, inadequate screenshots is more than enough reason to not approve a thread so the deletion was still justified.

Feel free to resubmit with adequate screenshots and the thread will be reviewed again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    My bad for assuming, although I fail to see the practical use in including a bloated downloader for something that can be easily done.

Either way, inadequate screenshots is more than enough reason to not approve a thread so the deletion was still justified.

Feel free to resubmit with adequate screenshots and the thread will be reviewed again.

Of course, I didn't think it wasn't justified, I was just confused. As for the downloader, I'm trying to promote more of a community-driven online approach to things, stuff like temporary events or emergency patches are harder to deploy and promote if they have to be applied manually, you know? Anyway, thank you for helping me out!

Back