• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Tales of the Diamante Company (signups and discussion)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
  • (This RP is rated E10+)

Founded 60 years ago, the Diamante Company is renowned throughout the Pokeworld as the "show of all shows", combining acting, music, dance, acrobatics, puppetry, martial arts, stage combat and stage archery, circus acts, and aquatics to create adaptations of folk and fairy tales and original fantastic stories, as well as showcases of their talents for audiences of all ages.

Starting with only twenty performers at first, the company then grew to well over 1,000 performers, crew members, and technicians, with more performers arriving each year to replace those that graduate (eg. move on to the next stage of their careers) or retire (leave the company for other reasons)

The company is very strict about what material gets selected to perform; but this is not to say that they are afraid of venturing into the darker side of folklore--their versions of classic stories are not necessarily the Disney versions!

Critics rave about the company's willingness to take risks, but Brock acknowledges it is sometimes a delicate balancing act between delving into the darkness and keeping the production appropriate for families.

The company is further divided into eight troupes--one of which stays and performs at the Starlight Theater in Celadon, and the other seven crisscross the world performing seven unique shows. Each troupe has their own unique schedule of shows, but occasionally a show may cross over between troupes.

Each performer is given roles based on their strengths, so an acrobat will not be forced to sing, and a musician will not be forced to do complex martial arts.

You play the role of a young performer in the Emerald Troupe of the company--will you join the long list of big stars the company has produced, or will you be limited to embarrassing MyTube videos?

Keep in mind that all forum rules apply.

To join in, sign up here with this info:

Character's name
    Character's age (anywhere from age 14 to age 22)
    Character's appearance (don't just post a picture, give some description with the picture)
    Character's personality/known history
    Character's Pokémon (if any)
    Characters current skills (what talents and skills your character currently knows how to do well, divided up into music, acting, stage combat, and circus skills. You can learn new skills if you befriend a teacher)
    Character's preferred roles (which roles does you character enjoy performing? What roles do they want to try in the future? What roles will they never play, no ifs, ands, or buts?

Known Skill List (so far):

Music:

--Instruments (be sure to specify what instruments your character can play well--you can also learn an instrument from a teacher)
    --Singing (be sure to include what part your character sings and a general idea of their range)

Acting:

Stage acting
    Comedy
    Puppetry
    Pantomime
    Mimicry (specify what your character can mimic--Pokémon, people, cartoon characters, etc.)
    Storytelling

Stage Combat:

Martial Arts
    Swordplay
    Archery
    Ranged weapons (rings, shuriken,etc.)

Acrobatics and Circus Skills

Dancing (both on your own and with a partner)
    Sferas (Sferas are basically a pair of marble-sized balls attached to a rope or chain, combining a yo-yo with bolas. They are often spun and twirled to create intricate designs and patterns. This is one of Ash's signature acts--he has even wowed crowds by twirling fire and lightning.)
    Trampoline
    Jump rope
    Hat manipulation
    Pokémon skills (specify what Pokémon your character has within reason)
    Flag twirling
    High diving and hoop diving
    Water dancing
    Ribbon dancing
    Trick archery
    Juggling (specify what you use when juggling)
    Card manipulation (does your character use playing cards, TCG cards, or both)
    Ring manipulation
    Balancing
    Aerial dancing
    Aerial swing (essentially a large glorified bungee cord)
    Springboard
    Aerial silks

You can learn new skills if you befriend a teacher. You are not limited in how many skills you can pick from any of the categories. If you want to have a skill not on the list, and it would work for performances of folk and fairy tales, and original material inspired by fairy tales, I may put it on the list.

Last edited:

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • I like this concept, it's something original! I have a couple question about the Pokemons: I suppose they would be incorporated into the shows? Having to actually "train" your Pokemon to perform and practice their role together with the character could be pretty fun.
    I have a basic idea for a character that practiced her sword fighting skills together with her Seviper...

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • Character's name:Flame Moore
    Character's age:18
    Character's appearance:
    d5na7kz-901fbbcb-ab8c-42c0-ace0-24c48ab46c01.png

Flame has Red hair and wears his blue and black jacket over his white shirt, a white and black hat, red and black shorts, red, white and black shoes, a pair of gloves, a belt, and a red and black backpack.

Character's personality/known history:Flames a laid-back guy and goofs off a lot but hes very talented at martial arts and puppetry, known history is that he was born in lavaridge town with his sister being Flannery, his grandfather wanted him to become the gym leader but Flame didn't want to be a gym leader so that night he ran away and joined the Diamante Company, when working on his skills pokemon help him so he can get better, when he does puppetry his banette helps him, and when he does martial arts Blaziken and Hariyama help him, he's wants to do ranged weapons and swords play so hes practicing Ranged weapons with Greninja and Decidueye and swords play with Garchomp.

Character's Pokémon:Blaziken
    blaziken.gif

Banette
    banette.gif

Hariyama
    hariyama.gif

Garchomp
    garchomp.gif

Greninja
    greninja.gif

Decidueye
    decidueye.gif

PC
    Ducklett
    ducklett.gif
    A pokemon given to him by his mother.
    Cubchoo
    cubchoo.gif
    Another pokemon that his mother gave him.

Characters current skills:Martial Arts and Puppetry

Character's preferred roles:Flame enjoys performing martial arts, puppetry and wants to perform ranged weapons and swords play in the future.

Known Skill list:Martial arts and Puppetry.

If you want I can expand personality and history.
    and the art was made by Elayni

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • @TheAlmightyBlaziken

Legendaries are not allowed. You can have more than six, but those that are not in your active team are stored in PC boxes, just like in the games.

Your character is accepted!

@the_fast_reader:

Pokemon often do perform in the shows if Pokemon are important in the storyline, or as part of a duo act in a talent showcase.

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Years
  • I edited my post so there's two pokemon in my Pc
    Cubchoo and Ducklett will be there for support so there not going to help with the training if that's okay with you if not I'll change it.

Years
  • So here's my SU
    Character's Name: Sikanay Higashi
    Character's age: 17
    Character's appearance:
    a36c2c27df396526e94b105b031d53f8.jpg

Sikanay wears A gray shirt and over that is his brown jacket, plain blue jeans, a necklace that his mother gave to him, a regular belt, and he wears black boots.
    Character's personality: Most of the times he's severe, but when he's in a good mood he relaxes for a bit and laughs but then he's back to his regular serious self
    Character's History: Sikanay wasn't always so serious before he used to have fun, but one incident occurred that will never be forgiven the Incident right now is unknown, but the only thing that we know is that Sikanay lost his Home and Money he's been trying to get some money from performing at the Diamante Company.
    Character's Pokémon: Gallade
    gallade.gif
    Practice Stage Acting
    Mime Jr.
    mimejr.gif
    Practice Stage Acting
    Kricketune.
    kricketune.gif
    Practice Instrument (Piano)
    Stufful.
    stufful.png
    Practice Stage Acting
    Magby.
    magby.gif
    Practice Stage Acting
    Characters current skills: Sikanay's current skills are Stage Acting and Instruments (The Piano)
    Character's preferred roles: Sikanay doesn't like doing any of the roles he just wanted to make the money needed to buy a new home

I'll expand if you want and change some things too

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Years
  • So any idea when this roleplay will start not rushing or anything just want to know but this roleplay does need more Rp'ers.
    there's already 2 one of them being me and the other being you
    Seteth hasn't been accepted into the Roleplay yet so he doesn't count yet.

Last edited:
    Back