• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change Default SoundFont RMXP

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Recently i started a game with Essentials, and i get into trouble by trying to playing MIDI with different SoundFonts.

Personally i don't like the GM.dls Windows standard soundfont and i want to change it with another soundfont, is it possible? I've tryed to change it but with no results.

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorthorn Studios

Edgewurth
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
As far as I know, you can use SynthFont 1 to convert MIDIS into any of these formats:
- OOG Vorbis (.ogg)
- MP3 (.mp3)
- Wave (.wav)
You can also import your own soundfonts and loop it (but if exporting, it cannot do infinite)

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦
FL Studio is also an option for rearrangements and MIDI notation(there's a free edition).
However, .wav files will have a bit of silence before they loop,
which most find tremendously annoying, thus you might wish to
try .mp3 and .ogg for the soundtracks(but first off check if they loop properly in-game
without the annoying silence). .wav files are still recommendable for SEs and MEs however,
since those won't loop. Can't wait to hear some compositions/arrangements! ;)

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

Last edited:
Back